1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization/Leader Ref List - Game Setup Help

Discussion in 'Civ4 Strategy Articles' started by Denniz, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Attached are two short reference lists of the Civilization & Leader information I am always needing when I am setting up a new game. One list is ordered by Civilization and the other by Leader.

The lists were created using data from the Civ 4 Info Center. :thumbsup:

I have provided 3 formats: doc, rtf and xls. (If someone with a pdf writer wants to add that, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. ;) )

EDIT: Updated files with corrections noted below by Baines and Aminor. Added Trait & Tech Matrices. PDF versions courtesy of Sadan01 can be found in here.

Attached Files:

2. Baines

Baines Chieftain

Good initiative, but you should know that the Info Center is not 100% correct.
    For example Luis XIV is not Creative/Organized, he's Creative/Industrious. It says so ingame and you can check C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml for details.

I don't know if there are more traits that are listed wrong in the Info Center, hopefully they will change it in the next update. :rolleyes:

Edit: You can download a free PDF writer at http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp hope it fills your needs, haven't used it myself.

3. Aminor

Aminor Chieftain

I used the tables provided by Denniz as a quick basis for some tables of my own (which I will share here as soon as presentable). Since Baines noted one discrepancy I reviewed the information carefully from the manual and found one other change:

Swap Roman (Julius Caesar) from Expansive/Creative to Expansive/Organized

and Persia (Cyrus) from Expansive/Organized to Expansive/Creative

Otherwise, all combinations of traits are possible other than Creative/Organized and Industrious/Philosophical.

.pdf generation is also an option with most modern office suites -- at least the two that I use which of course omits the most common. ;)

4. Denniz

Yikes.:sad: It never occured to me to check.

I am not sure I would trust the manual. I am going to check against the game. (not the civilopedia)

I will see if I can re-post them this evening.

Thanks, guys.

5. Denniz

Corrected Files in first message.

Added Trait & Tech Matrices.

6. Aminor

Aminor Chieftain

I agree about not believing any source of data at this point which was why I did/will try to reference where I obtained the information when posting.

Thanks for adding the Trait matrix. That was exactly what I had roughed out as a quick guide when selecting a new leader for a new game. The Tech matrix is also handy though I haven't paid as much attention to that... so far. :)

7. Sadan01

Sadan01 Conical Flask

Please find those three documents in PDF format attached. ;)

Great work on these documents Denniz :) They are very useful instead of having to search through the manual or the Civilopedia.

Attached Files:

8. Denniz

Good point. I verified the list by starting a game with each leader. The only issues I found were the ones you and Baines noted. :)

9. Denniz

Thanks, Sadan. :goodjob:

10. fung3

fung3 Chieftain

Nice work Denniz. Much appeciated.

Just a thought, how about adding preferred Civics to the CIV 4 Civilizations chart.

11. LeSphinx

LeSphinx Bachogwa

Very usefull: thanks Denniz

LeSphinx

12. Shevek

Shevek Chieftain

Great. I have printed it and will use it.
    Thanks for doing the work.