Civilization Randomized When Starting Multiplayer Games

Phanixis

Chieftain
Ok, this has happend twice, one to me, once to a friend, when playing Civ V. In each case, we selected Spain. When the game started, we were assigned a different leader. One of the players owns BNW but not the GNK expansion which contains Spain, so I was thinking this is happening because somebody it missing the GNK expansion. The thing is, it shouldn't even let us start the game if that was the case, rather than randomizing the Civ. Also, this doesn't happen to everybody, only the player that selected Spain.

Does anyone know why the game would randomize the ones Civilization without notice upon starting the game?

Thanks for the info.

Good to know. On to the problem at hand, my civilization being randomized after I picked it. Has anyone else had this problem, I would like to know its cause.

Thanks.

I believe Spain was originally offered as a DLC civ in the Spain & Inca DLC. G&K then offered Spain for free as standard but not Inca.

Normally if you have a civ selected which some one else can't use they are unable to green up. This seems like a very strange bug.

Top Bottom