Civilization Requests

Wyz_sub10

CIV Gold - Project Lead
This thread is for requests for civilizations to be added to CIV Gold. The easiest requests to accommodate are generally those where a civ exists already as a standalone. Barring that, the requestor may provide information and should be willing to donate some time in assisting the CIV Gold Team if they would like to see their suggestion included.

Please provide:

• Civ Name and Context (where/when)
  • Link to Existing User-Created Civ (if applicable) or
  • Leader and Suggested Traits
  • Unique Unit and Suggested Replacement
  • Unique Building and Suggested Replacement
  • City List of at Least 10 Cities

It is also helpful to include photos or links to information on the civ. (i.e. Wikipedia entry, etc.)

There is no guarantee that the civ will be included, but if there is support, it may be.

There are too few African civs. How about the Igbo people? They are part of Nigeria today but historically I think they were the first African direct democracy, like Athens. I could be mistaken though. I think they flourished from 700-1700?AD. Only two Igbo towns had monarchies.

Leader: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu-Protective, Organized
UU:Obis or Ezes (swordsman?)
UB:Isusu (bank)

Cities:Enugu
Port Harcourt
Bonny
Onitsha
Agbo
Ikwo
Aba
Owerri
Enugu
Nnewi
Nsukka
Awka
Umuahia
Asaba

Good suggestion!

I've been thinking of adding Nigeria based on the criteria for which Pakistan and Indonesia were added - massive population, some political significance, and not represented elsewhere.

Because of the incredible diversity of the region, I was wondering if I should go for modern Nigeria or something older...?

I dunno. I was thinking Igbo because they had a form of of government that was unique in ancient Africa, direct democracy. But Nigeria works too. I like older civs though.

I was figuring, that if you guys have Yemen in Civ Gold, why not Oman? Here is some basic information.

Leader: Sultan Qaboos-Industrious,Financial
UU: some type of warship
UB:?
Cities:Muscat
Suhar
Al-Ghubra
Ibri
Izki
Al-Wajajah
Sur
As Sib
Khasab
Fahud
Salalah
Alashkharah

Sorry I did not put enough info, I'll do a bit of research later and I'll get back to you.

Guaraní was one of the most important tribal groups of South America, formerly living mostly between the Uruguay and lower Paraguay Rivers in what is now Paraguay, and the Corrientes and Entre Rios Provinces of Argentina.

What about them? I would say it's(there is still members of this tribe all around Paraguay and Brazil mainly nowdays) the biggest pre-colonization tribe/civilization of south america(well, Maya and Aztec was more to central america, but yes there was also in the north of south america)..

Ok they were indians and perhaps didnt have big cities, only tribes, but 94% of the Paraguayan population talks Guarani(the language, which is official language along with spanish) and they still have a big influence in brazilian, argentinan, chilen and paraguayan(guess spelled it wrong :p) culture!

But well, they werent as advanced as Maya or aztec :p So if you dont want, np, jjust a suggestion! Check wikipedia or google! If you rhink its worthy, I can make a research in brazilian sites for you and find the required items..

what aboit Moche

i thought, how about Simon Bolivar as some kind of leader for some kind of Latin American country like Venuezuela, Columbia, or Bolivia?

he could be Protective/Charismatic or Philosophical, Organized, etc.

cybrxkhan said:
i thought, how about Simon Bolivar as some kind of leader for some kind of Latin American country like Venuezuela, Columbia, or Bolivia?

he could be Protective/Charismatic or Philosophical, Organized, etc.

I like this idea. I had thought, back in Civ III, to include a Bolivian civ, but something general that might spread across multiple regions.

If you had any ideas, let me know.

hmm... historically, Bolivar wasn't the leader of Bolivia... he became the leader of "Gran Columbia", now disintegrated into Venuzela, Ecuador, and some other thingies...

you know, maybe you could put hiim as leader of Venuezuela, and them put... Chavez in too (but then you'll have to put Bush in too)... but i think Venuezuela wouldn't be a bad addition. its powerful enough these days to be on OPEC...

cybrxkhan said:
hmm... historically, Bolivar wasn't the leader of Bolivia... he became the leader of "Gran Columbia", now disintegrated into Venuzela, Ecuador, and some other thingies...

you know, maybe you could put hiim as leader of Venuezuela, and them put... Chavez in too (but then you'll have to put Bush in too)... but i think Venuezuela wouldn't be a bad addition. its powerful enough these days to be on OPEC...

My thought was to have a civ representative of the Bolivar nations: Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Panama and Bolivia.

In addition to being the 1st president of Gran Colombia, he was 1st president of Bolivia and 2nd and 3rd president of Venezeula.

I'd like it if we could add at least one more japanese leader, it's always felt strange to me that Ieyasu Tokugawa is the only japanese leader, the easiest and probably best one would be Emperor Meiji -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Emperor (granted he wasn't totally the one in power but he is still symbolic of this fantastic period of history)

I'd say Industrious for sure and perhaps philosophical? I'd love to say creative cuz it's my favorite trait but i find it difficult to justify, possibly organized or aggressive?

just a thought i know it's a bit late now, if i ever get any time maybe i'll try to do it myself hehe

perhaps if possible then there can be a second leader for each civilization which hasn't had one.

for example:

- Inca: Pacahuti Imperialistic/Aggressive and Expansive
- Spanish: Philip II Imperialistic, Financial
- Sweden: Gustav Audolphus II Spiritual, Organized/Philosophical/Protective
- Nubia: Piye Imperialistic, Spiritual

just ot name a few

Is Denmark a civ? If not, it should be. Leader would be easily found, she would be Queen Margaret, founder of Union of Kalmar and a skillful diplomat.

i just had another idea... i suppose it could be for a very much later version, but i think it is legitimate -- Manchuria

Manchuria (as in before and during Qing dynasty) - there may be some conflict with this and China, but the Manchurians and the Qing dynasty of China were really not Chinese. they had their own culture and nation; though they pretty much assimilated into China later on.

Leader: Qianlong (greatest emperor of the dynasty, about 1730-1790 i think) Imperialistic, Financial/Organized/Charismatic
UU: Some kind of late dynastic Chinese musketman (Manchu Musketeer?), or perhaps some kind of mongoloid cavalry
UB: No idea. maybe tea shop? or something to replace the stable?

Cities: (spelling may be wrong)
Peiking
Haerbin
Shenyang
Qiqihar
Hohhot
Baotou
Xiamen
Canton
Hwangchow
Dalian

Andrewicus said:
I'd like it if we could add at least one more japanese leader, it's always felt strange to me that Ieyasu Tokugawa is the only japanese leader, the easiest and probably best one would be Emperor Meiji -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Emperor (granted he wasn't totally the one in power but he is still symbolic of this fantastic period of history)

I'd say Industrious for sure and perhaps philosophical? I'd love to say creative cuz it's my favorite trait but i find it difficult to justify, possibly organized or aggressive?

just a thought i know it's a bit late now, if i ever get any time maybe i'll try to do it myself hehe

I'm almost done a decent Hirohito LH. Just need to figure out a couple of things.

cybrxkhan said:
perhaps if possible then there can be a second leader for each civilization which hasn't had one.

Some are on the way, including Nubia, Japan, and Khmer. It's mostly a matter of time and authors. Sevo and Amra are both too busy (Sevo is busy with his work, Amra is on hiatus).

Edgecrusher has contributed a couple of excellent ones, and I'm slowly getting a bit better at it.

Hitti-Litti said:
Is Denmark a civ? If not, it should be. Leader would be easily found, she would be Queen Margaret, founder of Union of Kalmar and a skillful diplomat.

There is a Denmark civ, but I haven't looked at it yet.

cybrxkhan said:
i just had another idea... i suppose it could be for a very much later version, but i think it is legitimate -- Manchuria

I'd love to do news civs for Japan, India and China. Grouping them like this doesn't do justice to their histories.

If someone wants to take the lead on design, we could do this.

Wyz_sub10 said:
I'd love to do news civs for Japan, India and China. Grouping them like this doesn't do justice to their histories.

That'll be great... that would split each into at least ten more civs or something like that:)

Wyz, if you go for a latin american civ, then I'll vouch for Venezuela. They're the most powerful of hispanic nations today, and the region is under-represented other than the indigenous cultures.

Leader: Bolivar (philosophical, spiritual) or Chavez (aggressive, industrious)
UU: Fronteriero (frontiersmen, a branch of the military today stationed along the border with colombia)
UB: Trading center?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Venezuela for military

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Bolivar for leader

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuela for info, bio, and maps of Venezuela

It makes a strong case for being a civ. Big population, strong influence in region (world also, being member of OPEC), represents under-represeted culture in civilization series. Thanks.

Top Bottom