Civilization Revolution 2 Beta

atog

Chieftain
Ok. I know there aren't enough crying posts. So i'm gonna start one myself. LOL

But i wonder if there's anyone out there who also find reminiscence between Civ 5 and Civ Rev? This to me feels like it should be named Civ Rev 2 instead.

But other than that, why that much bugs in multiplayer?

It's literally not playable. They have the whole front end figured out and well developed in Civ 4. Why didn't they use it? I don't see any problem fitting the whole civ 5 game into civ 4 FE. Did they lose some good design personnel high up? What were they thinking?:confused:

But i wonder if there's anyone out there who also find reminiscence between Civ 5 and a BMX motorbike? This to me feels like it should be named Civ BMX motorbike instead.

I dunno dude, how about telling us why you think that so we can agree or disagree with you instead of making a blanket statement with no information whatsoever?

I want someone to make a CivRev mod for multiplayer because I enjoy 1 to 2 hour games more than 12 hour games.

@ Monkey: What a weird response. I guess you are not the "Anyone" who might share that thought with me.

I am not a politician buying votes here nor am i a debater trying to establish my point. You are welcome to come in and say me too or nah. If you do find reminiscence, fact is that you don't need me to spell it out for ya, do you?

What I'm trying to say here is the change from civ 4 to civ 5 seems to be greatly influenced by the rev they happened to put out in between. In a nutshell, just the feeling of it. Otherwise, those random advisors, natural wonder (feels like ancient treasures) are all giving me rev-vibes if you really do want the specifics. By any chance you were trying to be funny:sad:?

Sorry but this game has greater strategic depth than Civ4 ...

Can anyone say 'Quantitative resources' for a start :)

Sorry but this game has greater strategic depth than Civ4 ...

Can anyone say 'Quantitative resources' for a start :)

So, in Civ 4, the game had depth when you WEREN'T at war. I think that is what people want.

Ok. I know there aren't enough crying posts. So i'm gonna start one myself.

So basically what you're saying is this: "I could have posted my thoughts in one those dozens of threads, but I wasn't getting enough attention. I needed to make yet another thread so I could feel validated and important. I know I'm completely cluttering up the forum for everyone else, but my emotional needs are more important." :lol:

I'm sorry, that's mean of me, but honest to god that's what goes through my head every time I see yet another boo-hoo :cry: post.

@ Monkey: What a weird response. I guess you are not the "Anyone" who might share that thought with me.

I am not a politician buying votes here nor am i a debater trying to establish my point. You are welcome to come in and say me too or nah. If you do find reminiscence, fact is that you don't need me to spell it out for ya, do you?

What I'm trying to say here is the change from civ 4 to civ 5 seems to be greatly influenced by the rev they happened to put out in between. In a nutshell, just the feeling of it. Otherwise, those random advisors, natural wonder (feels like ancient treasures) are all giving me rev-vibes if you really do want the specifics. By any chance you were trying to be funny:sad:?

He's looking for you to make points beyond just stating that you think it's a "Civ Rev 2 beta" and little else. Because that's really all you said. Is that really so much to ask?

And the things that you're referencing in the post above? They were in Civ games looooooooooooong before Civ Rev. My opinion is that people keep bringing up Civ Rev because the interface just happens to have some visual things in common with that game. Beyond that, what else is really in common with Rev? The leaders/advisors are very over-exaggerated in Rev, to the point of being a bit silly. And it is definitely not to that extreme in V.

And Civ Rev is a console-only game, so why in the hell would Civ V, a PC-only game, be a "beta" for Civ Rev 2? Your argument makes no sense. And no one even knows for sure if there is even going to be another Civ Rev game.

Civ V has some issues that need to be ironed out, yes. But the comparisons to Rev are ridiculous and really just need to stop. Perhaps you need to go back and play Rev now that V is out and do an actual valid comparison of the two.

Top Bottom