1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Revolution arrives on iPad this weekend

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Thunderfall, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

iPad is coming out this weekend and an iPad edition of Civilization Revolution is going to be available at launch. The game is priced at $12.99 and is based on the iPhone version. However, it looks like the graphics have been upgraded.

From the first screenshots (#1 #2 #3 #4, #5) taken from the App Store, you can see the units now look more detailed. The larger iPad screen also allows more of the world to be viewed and much more space for the menu and buttons. On the iPhone, sometimes it can be hard to move the units due to the small screen. Looks like this is not going to be an issue on the iPad...

EDIT: From the press release, the iPad edition includes a World/Scenario Creator that allows players to customize the world and game parameters to create hundreds of different scenarios and game types.

2. the Intricacy

the Intricacy Khaaaaaaaaaan!

Hrrrph. I don't think any of us would disparage Firaxis from trying to cash in on some "early adopter tax", but yikes, $13 iPad to $7 iPhone pricing hardly seems right. Let's face it, it looks to have the same assets as the iPhone vers, just a slightly modified UI.

But hey, I'll drop 13 bones on Super Hyper Turbo Extreme Diplomacy V HD! I just can't seem to find it on the app store...

3. t0mme

t0mme Great Red One

Might just be the only reason to buy an iPad at the moment.

4. the Intricacy

the Intricacy Khaaaaaaaaaan!

Btw, my prediction is "simultaneous" and "same as full price PC version".

That's in answer to "how long it'll take to see Civ V on the iPad", and "what price". Maybe this is flamebait, but anyone else wanna make a guess?

5. kioras

kioras Daemon Quellor

Still, it is a lot of game for only 13 bucks, if you don't have it already on another system.

6. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

Press release mentioned the iPad version includes a new World/Scenario Creator that "allows players to customize the world and game parameters to create hundreds of different scenarios and game types, providing limitless hours of entertainment".

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...ution+App+for+iPad+Available+Now/5498955.html

7. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

don't expect graphics much better than CivRev

8. Challs

Challs Warlord

Nice to see some decent games making their way to the iPad. Just isn´t enogh to make me go and buy one.