Civilization Revolution (for consoles)

chopstyx

Warlord
This is a pretty big announcement, if they get the on-line m-player sorted for XBLA then it could be massive.

I'm wondering about the control method though, will the standard joypad be good enough for a Civ game?

EDIT: This maybe doesn't belong in the Civ IV forums....

my initial reaction is: avoid like the plague

for several reasons:

1. it's for consoles, therefore it's going to be dumbed down
2. it's designed by sid meier

now before you grab torches and pitchforks and lynch me, let me point out that sid seems to have lost it as a game designer

his last two games were pants (sim golf and railroads) and he seems to be more interested in producing dumbed down lite games for the bovine console playing public then designing games for the civ crowd

This is a pretty big announcement, if they get the on-line m-player sorted for XBLA then it could be massive.

I'm wondering about the control method though, will the standard joypad be good enough for a Civ game?

EDIT: This maybe doesn't belong in the Civ IV forums....

Is there a link?

Doesn't sound like a game for me ... but I'm not worried. Civ4 will remain fresh for years to come. If Firaxis wants to explore a new market, and interest other people in the franchise, why not?

did anyone look at the screenshots? They show Monty, Napoleon and 2 others I am not quite sure about. One appears to be Cleopatra, because Hatty never looked that good. I think she would run away with the Miss Civ IV pagaent that is being held in the BtS forums....:lol:
But the scary guy does not appear to be any of the leaders I am familiar with. It COULD be Ragnar, but I don't think so....William Wallace? Nah....to maniacal. Barb leader?:confused:

i'm totally psyched its different.

i mean what would be the point of Civ on a console if its just a watered down PC version? more Civ isn't a bad thing. and i was wondering when Civ would come to the console (and as i recall i got totally blasted by a number of people for even suggesting this).

here is a video from Civ's website:

http://www.civilizationrevolution.com/

Looks interesting, but console strategy games are not really my cup of tea.

cairnsy44 said:
One appears to be Cleopatra, because Hatty never looked that good. I think she would run away with the Miss Civ IV pagaent that is being held in the BtS forums....:lol:

Cleo never really looked that good either. She actually looked quite *manly*. :p

did anyone look at the screenshots? They show Monty, Napoleon and 2 others I am not quite sure about. One appears to be Cleopatra, because Hatty never looked that good. I think she would run away with the Miss Civ IV pagaent that is being held in the BtS forums.... :lol:

there was a caption label somewhere. that woman is Cleopatra, and that barb guy is... just a barb guy.

but judging from it, this is going to be more popculturish than before.

Finally I have a good reason to stop procrastinating and get a PS3.

wow this really does look cool to me. I'm really interested to see how they actually pull it off in terms of game play/control methods.

(i want that Cesar video clip in PC game as well! How cool is that - would be awesome to have leader specific conquest victory video like that in the game)

Consoles are bad. Very Bad. They are for dumb players and the controllers are always bad.

Pcs good. They are for smart players.

Oh, please lay off the "dumbed down" remarks about console games. I am not about to buy a console, I like my PC just fine, but I don't enjoy the snobbery that PC gamers sometimes indulge in.

The artwork for Revolution looks fun. I wonder if it will be reflected in the art for Civ V?

i prefer the PC over the consoles because i belive it is more "sophisticated", and i don't like consoles, but if you prefer a console, fine. we're still all video game players in the end, right?

I'm mostly a PC player, I find PC gets more games I'm interested in, but this PC Elitest mentality is stupid.

I AM pumped for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, though! HELLAYESGIMMEITNOW!

I'm not usre about this. I'll let reviewers to play it, and i'll let my friend get it for me to try it out. (as he has the apropriete console)

Top Bottom