Civilization Revolution (for consoles)

I agree that consoles game are dumb down (not saying console gamers are dumb) especially for the new generation. I remember some of the hardcore games on the Playstation. Anyone here remember "Carnage Heart"? It doesn't get more hardcore than this where you had to build your mechs and program it's AI then watch them in action. (still haven't found anything like Carnage Heart on the PC)
Also one of my favorite RPG was on the Playstation called Vagrant Story. Sadly too many gamers complained that the combat system was too complicated so they didn't continue the series. The fact is most consoles gamers don't like their games too complicated and more into "pick up and play" type of games. (Madden football anyone?) While I did buy PS2 I must say I was very disappointed in the lack of hardcore games that I found on the PS.
So I would bet "Civ Revolution" will be more of a "pick up and play" game than anything close to the depth of Civ4.

Bah. A good pokemon battle is a rigorous mental work-out, full of mind-games and rife with the chance to make a hideously stupid mistake and lose then and there. Don't hate on consoles! I play PC games much less, my comparison, and I consider myself far more cultured than...an average player of Halo. Stereotypes are stupid...and I'm a hypocrite, apparently...oh well...

It dropped by $100 just today.

How does the price drop $100 instantly?

Why do people judge a game based on what system it is playable on? It's ridiculous.

I agree. There are alot of great games for the pc but also alot of great ones for consoles like the PS2. I enjoy both.

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution will be the first offering in the legendary Civilization series to appear on next generation consoles and handheld systems. In development by legendary designer Sid Meier and Firaxis Games, this game will deliver Civilization's renowned epic single-player campaigns featuring vast re-playability and unmatched addictive gameplay. In addition, with revolutionary features like real-time interaction with leaders and advisors, extensive multiplayer capabilities and integrated video and voice chat, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution will completely transport the Civilization series to a level of gameplay that fans have never seen before.

Developer: Firaxis Games, a 2K studio
Platforms: Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo's Wii, and Nintendo DS
Available: Spring 2008 for the Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and DS and fall 2008 for the Wii

IGN

Oh man I want this I don't care what you guys say... It's not Civilization, it's Civ Revolution! It's a different game...

Looks like it'll be out on the Wii after all, they just have to wait another half-year or so... Will it make it better?

As an rts gamer who loves civ4 as well I think this would be totally freakin' amazing. If I played console, I would get it the day it comes out.

hmm... i remain undecided on it... it looks like this is Civilization 5???

hmm... i remain undecided on it... it looks like this is Civilization 5???

It looks more like a nuetered (in some respecets) Civ 4 to me. Although, after saying that, it seems to have some very cool features that Civ 4 is missing.

I think it's apples an oragnes, and comparing Civ 4 to CivRev, is silly. They are two different games and are looking like they will be two different genres. No one gets into huge fights over which is better; Tetris or Starcraft. I think the same principle applies here.

The New Combat System and Unique Bonuses sound intresting. Germany and Bismark are returning as well. Princess Leia is one of the new leaders too. ;) :lol:

Haha thats exactly what i thought when i saw that pic!

Looks interesting, but console strategy games are not really my cup of tea.

Cleo never really looked that good either. She actually looked quite *manly*. :p

And was Greek in ethnicity as well, although perhaps they were different then as their gene pool became quite "polluted" (I mean that in a completely non-deragatory way) with Bulgarians and Turks in the interim.

I will only ever play PC Games and there's only 3 I would ever play: Civilization Series, Europa Universalis Series and Europa 1400: The Guild.

It sounds like a lot of fun. Some of the ideas like the new promotion system for example would be a good fit for Civ5.

I don't know what to think of Ninja-legions. Part of me says awesome! Part of me say it's just wrong.

Oh God. Civ for the DS! Now I can leave the house without my laptop!
I'm actually excited for this, because my compy isn't too great, so graphics are skimpy with Civ IV. Would it be fanboyish to get two copies? (DS + 360)

Yes. It would.

Top Bottom