1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Revolution Patch 1.30 Change List

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by Thunderfall, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

2K Elizabeth posted on the 2K forums yesterday that the v1.30 patch for Civilization Revolution is currently being QAed by both Sony and Microsoft, and that a release date will be announced soon. She also posted the change list for the upcoming patch.

Lots of the bug fixes and changes are multiplayer related, although there are also other changes such as game of the week improvements and less aggressive AI.

Thanks to civilized.de for the news tip.

2. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Sounds good! Looks like I'll have to dust off my Civ Rev when the patch comes out!

3. Kadazzle

Kadazzle Emperor

The Multiplayer fixes make me jump for joy, especially the turn timer one. It really bugs me that they're fiddling with the AI's aggression towards humans though. Why would you change that? I've never found any difficulty with the AI attacking me, even on Emperor and Deity, so what are they changing that? I like how they're making the AI more likely to attack one another though, it'll help.

4. Leopeo

Leopeo Chieftain

Sounds really nice, quite muck improved (like the AI) för a patch, very nice.
    Hopefully it'll get me to give the game another try, since it's been forgotten about since a time back.

5. Hertsh

Hertsh Darwinist

I like the MP improvements...

Not much changes for SP though. I do hope that the last point "Misc Optimization and Stability Fixes" include that the game doesn't freeze in SP when launching a nuke, which happens quite often. That one point could include many things and I do hope it does.

Regarding the AI, I like it. It is quite frustrating the the AI is not balanced enough to use different tactics than war mongering. I mean it is too easy to win a tech victory (even on Deity) today because the AI is making war all the time and thus spends all its resources on creating lousy units attacking (only causing my units to be upgraded) me instead of putting the resources to science. I hope this fix of making the AI "less aggressive" also makes it smarter and more focused on doing what a human would do.

High hopes on this patch! I really hope they deliver this time.

6. malki

malki Chieftain

hi :) everybody

7. Gingerman

Gingerman Chieftain

I wish they could patch the DS version so that the enemy didn't keep attacking constantly on the harder levels it's annoying and unrealistic.

8. Modeltrainman

Modeltrainman Warlord

The 1.3 patch is up for PS3!

9. sumerian_demi

sumerian_demi Chieftain

I don't mind the AI attacking, but I hate it when I'm dominating them, destroying all their attacking units, but they won't back down they still demand you send them great people.
    They usually start as your biggest rival but finish about 4th or 5th because they commited too much to war. I think the AI should offer peace if war is costing them too much.

10. GGrayson

GGrayson Le CivRêve

If you have a much larger attacking stength then they do, they will back down. Also, if you have a substantial tech lead on them, they will often back down. You may have to offer them peace, because sometimes they don't do it on their own.

I just wish they would attack more intelligently. You know, bring more than a single legion army. I hate it when they have 5 legion armies stacked 2 squares away from my cities, and then they send 1 legion army a square forward, the next turn they attack, lose, and then send another army a square forward to attack the next turn. Why won't they just attack all in on turn!?? About the only time I get attacked by multiple armies is when I'm getting attacked by two different civs.

Game of the Week Deity is a little tougher, and it's about the only AI that can put up a fight.

11. Stephanovitch3

Stephanovitch3 Celtic Diety of Wales

wow i cant wait fort this patch i found on the demo it was clunky so hopefully the game is twice as good :)

12. soccerdon1981

soccerdon1981 Chieftain

The patch should be out already... I just bought the game on Sunday, and went home to play it right away. It automatically told me that I needed to upgrade to v1.30 ... so, you should also have that option (unless you don't have internet access on your PS3)??

13. ditb

ditb Keeper of the Work Wives

This is my first DS game, so this may be a spectacularly stupid question, but is there any way to patch the DS version? Thanks in advance of course!

Dave

14. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

Nope. With the DS, what you bought is what you get.

15. ditb

ditb Keeper of the Work Wives

Thank you for the quick help!

Dave

16. King Commando

King Commando Chieftain

the AI part doesn't work