Civilization: The Imperium OffTopicum Edition

Haiti under Henri Christophe's orders:

Found city of "Au Cap" in Start location.
Research irrigation, oral tradition, sailing
Put in more points into science, economy
Move warrior south west
Develop worker in "Au Cap"

I apologize for my absence, CFC didn't send notifications that the thread continued.
Found city of "Venetia" equidistant between me and the Hunnic capital.
Research Animal Husbandry, Oral Tradition and Combat.
Put points into science and culture.
Move warrior to defend Venetia.
Develop worker in Roma.

Alright! Update time!

New Cities:
Au Cap, Haiti (Au Cap)
Roma, Rome (Rome)
Venetia, Rome (Venice)
London, England (London)
Germa, Garamantes (Germa)
Washington DC, America (Washington DC, where I'll be from Monday-Thursday!)
Nanking, Tang (Nanjing)
Edo, Japan (Tokyo)
Marakesh, Morocco (Marrakesh)
Palenque, Maya (Palenque)
Pataliputra, Maurya (Pataliputra)
Persepolis, Persia (Persepolis)
Kyiv, Kyiv (Kyiv)
Tushpa, Armenia (Tushpa)

all city states

Era advancements -
none

Important events -
5000 BCE: Founding of civs
4500 BCE: Romans and Huna find each other.

Year - 4000 BCE

Submit turn 2 by 3/13!

Last edited:
Nation: Cichlids (tanganyikan)
Leader: Julido Chromis
Bonus: Coastal Fisherfolk - Any coastal (lake or ocean) territories produce +1 culture
UU: Pirate- Gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its lake or coastal territory, receives gold on success
UW: Chromis Screw - Like (Archimedes screw), the Chromis Screw allows irrigation on any city tile, and the benefits from this.
Techs - None

Settle on West bank of Lake Tanganyika. begin building roads to loop around the lake. Warriors to move with workers to ensure safety while constructing.

I'd throw your orders in, they might make it, if not they are ready for the next.

Ooo. No idea. I've not been able to fully follow that. I've not played Civ since Civ3 so its all unknown to me!!

Ooo. No idea. I've not been able to fully follow that. I've not played Civ since Civ3 so its all unknown to me!!
It's all right, thanks for helping. The points system is something new Caesar of Bread has introduced for this game.

Going over the past posts in this thread, it seems you have 5 points every turn you can invest into military, culture and science.

I've shunk/spoilered etc the OP to make it a bit clearer for myself:

Civilization: The Imperium OffTopicum Edition!

You use or create a historical civilization and stand the test of time! Totally not ripping off Sid Meyer (please don't kill me, Sid. I've been a nice boy.)
We will be on an Earth map. Ouch. And using this thread or conversation via me!
Instead of being actually smart, I am creating a point system for the different types of victories.
Here they are:
Domination
Science
Religion
Culture
Diplomacy
Economy
Survival (no points needed)

And don't worry, there WILL be revolutions, natural disasters, royal family crises, city-states, debt, and more!!!

seems cool?

Note: If you are joining, put down your nation, leader, bonus, unique unit, and unique wonder ( the infrastructure thing I may be taking away)

Spoiler People who have joined so far: :

Danwar: Rome - Augustus Caesar
Nation: Rome
Leader: Augustus
Bonus: City of Marble: 25% Production bonus toward all buildings already present in the ✩Capital.
UU: Legion. Strong, front-line land unit replacing the Swordsman. Only the Romans may build it. This Unit has a higher 🛡Combat Strength as well as the ability to build roads and forts.
UW: Roman Forum. Gives 1 🟡Gold per turn for every owned city, and 1😀Happiness for every owned ✩Original Capital, including your own.

Hellenism Salesman: Brazil - Pedro II
Nation: Brazil
Leader: Pedro II
Bonus: Nature's Splendor: +1 Gold from improved resources. Receive two copies of every improved Luxury Resource. +25% Tourism from National Parks and Seaside Resorts.
UU: Dreadnought. Stronger, more expensive Battleship. Extra Combat Strength against earlier naval units.
UW: Christ the Redeemer. Can be included in National Parks and doubles the Tourism for that National Park.

Henri Christophe: Haiti - Henri Christophe
Nation: Haiti
Leader: Henri Christophe
Bonus: Slave Revolt: All cities that lost loyalty become Haitian allies
UU: Voodoo Priest: Heals units more per turn and makes the enemy have 0.5x attacking strength (1/2).
UW: La Citadelle Lafèrriere: Can only be built on hills. Defensive bonus for any unit on it (2x)

Zaarin: Phoenicia - Hiram II
Nation: Phoenicia
Leader: Hiram II of Tyre
Bonus: Thalassocracy: Naval trade routes grant +1 Gold and +1 Culture for every luxury resource improved in the city of origin; naval units gain +1 movement.
UU: Bireme: Higher combat strength, faster, and prevents nearby naval Traders from being plundered.
UW: Cothon: Grants an extra city attack (with walls) and boosts the production of naval units and Settlers.

fy00sh: Garamantes - Djalla
Civ: Garamantes
Leader: Djalla
Bonus: Oasis Metropoles - Oases provide standard adjacency bonuses to all specialty districts. Farms can be built on flat desert tiles (and desert hills at [relevant tech]) with fresh water access, including oases. Farms built in the desert provide +1 food and +1 production.
UU: Javelin Rider - Ranged light cavalry unit that can move after attacking. Range 2, stronger combat strength than the archer.
UW: Foggara - One per city. Must be built on desert hills. Counts as an oasis. Each oasis in this city provides +2 production, +1 science, and +1 culture, with these bonuses doubling at 10 population.

Edmund Ironsides: Anglo-Saxon England - Edmund Ironsides
Nation: Anglo-Saxons (English)
Leader: Edmund Ironside (of course)
Bonus: The Last King - Units beginning their movement in a City Centre or Encampment District have +2 Movement. Builds Campus districts in half the time. Ancient Walls grant +1 Gold and +1 Production.
UU: Huscarl - Gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its home territory.
UW: Moot Hall - Like the Monument which it replaces, the Moot Hall grants +2 culture output. In addition, it provides +1 happiness and is 50% less costly to produce.

Bonysduck Campansing: Afghanistan - Ahmad Shah Durrani
Nation: Afghanistan
Leader: Ahmad Shah Durrani
Bonus: Graveyard of Empires - Enemy units cannot heal in Afghan territory. Caravans can not be plundered while in Afghan territory.
UU: Jezailchi - Replaces the Rifleman. Has both ranged and melee attacks. No movement cost for hill terrain.
UW: Minaret of Jam - Provides +5 faith and +5 culture. Religious units are 50% cheaper to purchase.

NinjaCow64: The Huns - Attila
Nation: The Huns
Leader: Attila
Bonus: Scourge of God - Increases speed of destruction of cities, economic points from destroying cities
UU: Horse Archer. Replaces relevant cavalry unit, has ranged attack (or longer range), more damage, and speed.
UW: (Destruction of the) Arch of Constantine. Doubles effect of Scourge of God.

Aiken_Drumm: Cichlids - Julidochromis
Bonus: Coastal Fisherfolk - Any coastal (lake or ocean) territories produce +1 culture
UU: Pirate- Gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its lake or coastal territory, receives gold on success
UW: Chromis Screw - Like (Archimedes screw), the Chromis Screw allows irrigation on any city tile, and the benefits from this.

Spoiler Techs :

Culture
Ancient Era:
Level I - Oral Tradition
- Must have 5 culture points
Classical Era:
Level II - Bards
- Must have 10 culture points
- Must have 5 science points
Level III - Epics
- Must have won 2 battles
- Must have 25 culture points
Early Modern/Renaissance:
Level IV - Theater
- Must have 40 culture points
- Must have 25 science points
Level V - Classical Music
- Must have 60 culture points
Industrial Era:
Level VI - Novels
- Must have 70 culture points
Modern Era:
Level VII - Jazz
- Must have 80 culture points
- Must have participated in 1 war
Atomic Era:
Level VIII - Television
- Must have at least 2 Great People throughout history
- Must have 90 culture points
Level IX - Rock
- Must have 100 culture points
- Must have 50 military points

Sea, Sky, Space
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Sailing (gives you a galley):
- Must be on the coast
Level II - Navigation (Phoenician UU, all units can embark):
- Must have Level I
- Must have Astrology
Classical Era:
Level III - Sea Warfare (Quadrieme)
- Must have all levels before
- Must have 20 science points
None for the medieval era
Early Modern Era:
Level IV - Armadas (Frigate, Privateer)
- Must have 40 science points and 30 military points
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrial Navies (Ironclad)
Level VI - Airplanes (Biplane)
- Must have 60 science points
Modern Era:
Level VII - Modern Warfare: Sea and Air (Submarines, Battleships, Bombers, Brazil UU)
- Must have 70 military points and 70 science points
Atomic Era:
Level VIII - Naval Developments (Aircraft Carrier, Nuclear Submarine)
- Must have 100 science points
Level IX - Space Race (spaceship, you can land on moon now)
Information Era
Level X - Exoplanet Tech (you have won science victory. This MUST be your last tech)
- Must have 150 science points

Inventions and Innovations (in a rush to get all techs in by 9 PM!)
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Wheel (Chariots)
Level II - Cities (you can now do city development if you wish to do so, Roman UW)
- Must have 15 science points
- Must have at least 5 points in all other categories
Classical Era:
Level III - Architecture (Huna UW, Anglo-Saxon UW)
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Forts and Castles (Haitian UW)
- Must have 30 military points
Skip Early Modern Era
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrial Economy:
- Must have 100 gold
- Must have 50 science points
Level VI - Transistor:
- Must have 70 science
Skip Modern Era
Atomic Era:
Level VII - Computers
- Must have 100 science
- Must have 150 gold
Information Era:
Level VIII - Phones
- Must have 120 science

Beliefs (optional)
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Astrology
Must have 5 faith points
Must have 5 science points
Level II - Myths
Must have 10 faith points
Level III - Religion (Apostle can be gained)
Must have all before
Must have 25 faith points
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Theology (Missionary can be gained)
Must have 50 faith points
Must have won 1 battle
Early Modern/Renaissance
Level V - Religious Orders (can spread religions across continents seperated by bodies of water)
Must have 75 faith points
At least 2 nations practice your belief

Agricultural Sciences
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Animal Husbandry
- Must have 3 science points
Level II - Irrigation
- Must be near a source of water
- Must have Level I
Classical Era:
Level III - Farms
- Must have at least 2 cities
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Feudalism (sorry)
- Must have 30 science points and 5 military points
You don't need anything for the Early Modern Era
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrialized Farming
- Must have industrial-era tech
Nothing for Modern Era
Atomic Era:
Level VI - Lawnmower
- Must have 75 science points.

War (what is it good for? absolutely nothing!)
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Combat (Warrior, Slinger, Archer, Huns UU - you can now destroy a nation)
- Must have 5 military points
Classical Era:
Level II - Organized Military (Roman UU, Battalion, Swordsman)
- Must have 15 military points and 5 science points
Level III - Tactics (Axeman, Spear-thrower, Raider)
- Must have 20 military points
- Must have won 1 battle
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Shining Armor (Knights, Trebuchet, Cavalry, Anglo-Saxon UU)
- Must have 25 military points
Early Modern Era:
Level V - Balls Of Fire (Cannons, Riflemen, Afghan UU)
- Must have 40 military points
Industrial Era:
Level VI - Industrial Warfare (Line Infantry, Guerrilla Soldier)
- Must have 60 military points
- Must have won 5 battles.
Modern Era:
Level VII - Militaristic War (Tanks, Machine Gun Nests, Trench Soldiers, Paris Guns)
- Must have 75 military points
- Must have won 2 wars.
skip Atomic Era
Information Era:
Level VIII - Modern Warfare (Drones, Automatic Rifles)
- Must have 100 military points

Afghanistan under Ahmad Shah Durrani's orders

Found city of Kabul at starting location.
Research Combat, Wheel and Animal Husbandry.
Put points into military and culture (so how many points is this order putting into military and culture, and/or how many points am I getting out of it?)
Move warrior southwards.
Build Scout in Kabul.

Here, I'll start with taking my first few turns publically, even if I can do them privately, to give others an idea of what they can do. Even if it somehow disadvantages me, I think the game'll be more fun this way.

As stated, earlier, I'll pick Animal Husbandry, Irrigation, and Wheel to acquire. Unless the 5 science points for Wheel is exclusive with the other 3 science points I'd need to finish those techs?
Also, if

is something else than what I just did, then I'd like to research faith and culture to get some more of those points.
After that I'd like to settle a city here on the red dot (lemme know if I can't, and why i wouldn't be able to if so)
View attachment 654868 (also any chance we can get a higher resolution image? one where the terrain and resources are clearer?)
I'd then like to move my starting warrior northwest to start exploring towards the east end of the mountain chain over there
And finally since i can build a unit in my city, I'd like to start with a builder. If I can immediately move the builder, I'd like to put as many farms as I can next to my oasis. If I have any leftover production, I'd like to start a Foggara just south-west of the city center.
From what I understand, that's all I can possibly do on my turn, yes?
may i ask what the progress ended up being on making the builder, farms, and foggara? is the foggara done, partways done, not yet started?

I've shunk/spoilered etc the OP to make it a bit clearer for myself:

Civilization: The Imperium OffTopicum Edition!

You use or create a historical civilization and stand the test of time! Totally not ripping off Sid Meyer (please don't kill me, Sid. I've been a nice boy.)
We will be on an Earth map. Ouch. And using this thread or conversation via me!
Instead of being actually smart, I am creating a point system for the different types of victories.
Here they are:
Domination
Science
Religion
Culture
Diplomacy
Economy
Survival (no points needed)

And don't worry, there WILL be revolutions, natural disasters, royal family crises, city-states, debt, and more!!!

seems cool?

Note: If you are joining, put down your nation, leader, bonus, unique unit, and unique wonder ( the infrastructure thing I may be taking away)

Spoiler People who have joined so far: :

Danwar: Rome - Augustus Caesar
Nation: Rome
Leader: Augustus
Bonus: City of Marble: 25% Production bonus toward all buildings already present in the ✩Capital.
UU: Legion. Strong, front-line land unit replacing the Swordsman. Only the Romans may build it. This Unit has a higher 🛡Combat Strength as well as the ability to build roads and forts.
UW: Roman Forum. Gives 1 🟡Gold per turn for every owned city, and 1😀Happiness for every owned ✩Original Capital, including your own.

Hellenism Salesman: Brazil - Pedro II
Nation: Brazil
Leader: Pedro II
Bonus: Nature's Splendor: +1 Gold from improved resources. Receive two copies of every improved Luxury Resource. +25% Tourism from National Parks and Seaside Resorts.
UU: Dreadnought. Stronger, more expensive Battleship. Extra Combat Strength against earlier naval units.
UW: Christ the Redeemer. Can be included in National Parks and doubles the Tourism for that National Park.

Henri Christophe: Haiti - Henri Christophe
Nation: Haiti
Leader: Henri Christophe
Bonus: Slave Revolt: All cities that lost loyalty become Haitian allies
UU: Voodoo Priest: Heals units more per turn and makes the enemy have 0.5x attacking strength (1/2).
UW: La Citadelle Lafèrriere: Can only be built on hills. Defensive bonus for any unit on it (2x)

Zaarin: Phoenicia - Hiram II
Nation: Phoenicia
Leader: Hiram II of Tyre
Bonus: Thalassocracy: Naval trade routes grant +1 Gold and +1 Culture for every luxury resource improved in the city of origin; naval units gain +1 movement.
UU: Bireme: Higher combat strength, faster, and prevents nearby naval Traders from being plundered.
UW: Cothon: Grants an extra city attack (with walls) and boosts the production of naval units and Settlers.

fy00sh: Garamantes - Djalla
Civ: Garamantes
Leader: Djalla
Bonus: Oasis Metropoles - Oases provide standard adjacency bonuses to all specialty districts. Farms can be built on flat desert tiles (and desert hills at [relevant tech]) with fresh water access, including oases. Farms built in the desert provide +1 food and +1 production.
UU: Javelin Rider - Ranged light cavalry unit that can move after attacking. Range 2, stronger combat strength than the archer.
UW: Foggara - One per city. Must be built on desert hills. Counts as an oasis. Each oasis in this city provides +2 production, +1 science, and +1 culture, with these bonuses doubling at 10 population.

Edmund Ironsides: Anglo-Saxon England - Edmund Ironsides
Nation: Anglo-Saxons (English)
Leader: Edmund Ironside (of course)
Bonus: The Last King - Units beginning their movement in a City Centre or Encampment District have +2 Movement. Builds Campus districts in half the time. Ancient Walls grant +1 Gold and +1 Production.
UU: Huscarl - Gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its home territory.
UW: Moot Hall - Like the Monument which it replaces, the Moot Hall grants +2 culture output. In addition, it provides +1 happiness and is 50% less costly to produce.

Bonysduck Campansing: Afghanistan - Ahmad Shah Durrani
Nation: Afghanistan
Leader: Ahmad Shah Durrani
Bonus: Graveyard of Empires - Enemy units cannot heal in Afghan territory. Caravans can not be plundered while in Afghan territory.
UU: Jezailchi - Replaces the Rifleman. Has both ranged and melee attacks. No movement cost for hill terrain.
UW: Minaret of Jam - Provides +5 faith and +5 culture. Religious units are 50% cheaper to purchase.

NinjaCow64: The Huns - Attila
Nation: The Huns
Leader: Attila
Bonus: Scourge of God - Increases speed of destruction of cities, economic points from destroying cities
UU: Horse Archer. Replaces relevant cavalry unit, has ranged attack (or longer range), more damage, and speed.
UW: (Destruction of the) Arch of Constantine. Doubles effect of Scourge of God.

Aiken_Drumm: Cichlids - Julidochromis

Spoiler Techs :

Culture
Ancient Era:
Level I - Oral Tradition
- Must have 5 culture points
Classical Era:
Level II - Bards
Level III - Epics
- Must have 25 culture points
Early Modern/Renaissance:
Level IV - Theater
- Must have 40 culture points
Level V - Classical Music
- Must have 60 culture points
Industrial Era:
Level VI - Novels
- Must have 70 culture points
Modern Era:
Level VII - Jazz
- Must have 80 culture points
- Must have participated in 1 war
Atomic Era:
Level VIII - Television
- Must have at least 2 Great People throughout history
- Must have 90 culture points
Level IX - Rock
- Must have 100 culture points
- Must have 50 military points

Sea, Sky, Space
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Sailing (gives you a galley):
- Must be on the coast
Level II - Navigation (Phoenician UU, all units can embark):
- Must have Level I
- Must have Astrology
Classical Era:
Level III - Sea Warfare (Quadrieme)
None for the medieval era
Early Modern Era:
Level IV - Armadas (Frigate, Privateer)
- Must have 40 science points and 30 military points
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrial Navies (Ironclad)
Level VI - Airplanes (Biplane)
- Must have 60 science points
Modern Era:
Level VII - Modern Warfare: Sea and Air (Submarines, Battleships, Bombers, Brazil UU)
- Must have 70 military points and 70 science points
Atomic Era:
Level VIII - Naval Developments (Aircraft Carrier, Nuclear Submarine)
Level IX - Space Race (spaceship, you can land on moon now)
Information Era
Level X - Exoplanet Tech (you have won science victory. This MUST be your last tech)
- Must have 150 science points

Inventions and Innovations (in a rush to get all techs in by 9 PM!)
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Wheel (Chariots)
Level II - Cities (you can now do city development if you wish to do so, Roman UW)
- Must have 15 science points
- Must have at least 5 points in all other categories
Classical Era:
Level III - Architecture (Huna UW, Anglo-Saxon UW)
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Forts and Castles (Haitian UW)
- Must have 30 military points
Skip Early Modern Era
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrial Economy:
- Must have 100 gold
Level VI - Transistor:
- Must have 70 science
Skip Modern Era
Atomic Era:
Level VII - Computers
- Must have 100 science
- Must have 150 gold
Information Era:
Level VIII - Phones
- Must have 120 science

Beliefs (optional)
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Astrology
Must have 5 faith points
Must have 5 science points
Level II - Myths
Must have 10 faith points
Level III - Religion (Apostle can be gained)
Must have all before
Must have 25 faith points
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Theology (Missionary can be gained)
Must have 50 faith points
Must have won 1 battle
Early Modern/Renaissance
Level V - Religious Orders (can spread religions across continents seperated by bodies of water)
Must have 75 faith points
At least 2 nations practice your belief

Agricultural Sciences
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Animal Husbandry
- Must have 3 science points
Level II - Irrigation
- Must be near a source of water
- Must have Level I
Classical Era:
Level III - Farms
- Must have at least 2 cities
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Feudalism (sorry)
- Must have 30 science points and 5 military points
You don't need anything for the Early Modern Era
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrialized Farming
- Must have industrial-era tech
Nothing for Modern Era
Atomic Era:
Level VI - Lawnmower
- Must have 75 science points.

War (what is it good for? absolutely nothing!)
Spoiler :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Combat (Warrior, Slinger, Archer, Huns UU - you can now destroy a nation)
- Must have 5 military points
Classical Era:
Level II - Organized Military (Roman UU, Battalion, Swordsman)
- Must have 15 military points and 5 science points
Level III - Tactics (Axeman, Spear-thrower, Raider)
- Must have 20 military points
- Must have won 1 battle
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Shining Armor (Knights, Trebuchet, Cavalry, Anglo-Saxon UU)
- Must have 25 military points
Early Modern Era:
Level V - Balls Of Fire (Cannons, Riflemen, Afghan UU)
- Must have 40 military points
Industrial Era:
Level VI - Industrial Warfare (Line Infantry, Guerrilla Soldier)
- Must have 60 military points
- Must have won 5 battles.
Modern Era:
Level VII - Militaristic War (Tanks, Machine Gun Nests, Trench Soldiers, Paris Guns)
- Must have 75 military points
- Must have won 2 wars.
skip Atomic Era
Information Era:
Level VIII - Modern Warfare (Drones, Automatic Rifles)
- Must have 100 military points
Absolutely love it!

Afghanistan under Ahmad Shah Durrani's orders

Found city of Kabul at starting location.
Research Combat, Wheel and Animal Husbandry.
Put points into military and culture (so how many points is this order putting into military and culture, and/or how many points am I getting out of it?)
Move warrior southwards.
Build Scout in Kabul
Thanks!

Is that a city state or another nation shown on the map in the north of the British Isles?

Top Bottom