Civilization V: BNW Quick Look gameplay on Youtube

I was not aware of that.

I think if you have any concerns you need to PM them.

BUT... On topic, I think the video is good. I wouldn't be able to pronounce many of those words either. I pronounced the Shoshone as the Shoe-Shone instead of Shoe-Shone-e until I saw Madjin's video (or however you spell that. :p)

In all honestly it was considered, but no, there was not enough time. The inclusion of the barbarian attack showed the result of not protecting the Venice special, which is something that hadn't been shown yet. Also, the video was recorded at about 5AM, encoded at 6AM, and uploaded at 7AM. It called for an all-nighter after hearing last minute from PR, with very little sleep as it was.
Civilization causing an all-nighter. Now there's a memory of Civ games from my younger years :) Thanks for posting your feedback in this thread. Hope you get to enjoy a better game after some rest.

Wow this guy is hilarious! Good thing to see, trade route units have absolutely no sight and don't even remove fog of war!

Wow, the early trade route with the cargo ship gave 7 food per turn. That's amazing.

Thanks for the upload. And I don't give a damn about pronounciation.

Wow, the early trade route with the cargo ship gave 7 food per turn. That's amazing.

Thanks for the upload. And I don't give a damn about pronounciation.

It seems that it is
6 in ancient era +1 for each era (since they were giving 13 in MD's portugal)

and land units seem to give 1/2 that (possibly rounded down) [the one time we saw 9 by sea, 4 by land]

This preview is a bit painful to watch. The unrelenting mispronunciations are at once comical and cringe-worthy and are frequent enough to become a significant distraction. The reviewer is not only clearly unfamiliar with the new features and mechanics being implemented but those of Civ5 vanilla/G&K as well (apparently patronage is new :p). This makes it difficult to take some of the things he says seriously (especially when he comments about how the series is coming full-circle, etc.)

Is the tc the owner of the video posted?

Venice the super-capital is looking like a very interesting strategy. I wonder how high you can pump population now?

If Venice got 20 coastal cities to food pump its capital, and its capital had no food of its own, it could have a population of

~60 + 10 per era after ancient

so ~100 in Industrial when you first Might be able to reach this level of food (although probably not that level of pop. until closer to the end of the atomic era.)

and a max of 130 in information... not that it would actually reach it before the game was over.

(meaning ~50 gpt from monarchy, ~275 science from library, univ, nat.college, ~15 gold per each city connection.. from capital population alone.. and ~65 production from unemployed)

This preview is a bit painful to watch. The unrelenting mispronunciations are at once comical and cringe-worthy and are frequent enough to become a significant distraction. The reviewer is not only clearly unfamiliar with the new features and mechanics being implemented but those of Civ5 vanilla/G&K as well (apparently patronage is new :p). This makes it difficult to take some of the things he says seriously (especially when he comments about how the series is coming full-circle, etc.)

Pronunciations aside, the main issue in terms of production was the last minute nature of things. 2K PR was great to work with on the editorial side, not so much on the Youtube side. Believe it or not PR literally reached out at 1AM CST, leaving very little time to scramble if content was to go live shortly after the embargo lifted for all media. Had PR handled things better, there would have been way more time to put together a video that was much more polished. As is though, there are still plenty of people that enjoy it for what it is - virtually a one-take "first look" at some of the new content, and features, based off information that's out there in the wild.

In regards to mistakes, features, and mechanics, patronage was corrected later in the video. PR did not send along a fact sheet, or any other relevant materials, and one would typically expect. Again, there are issues on the PR side, they're significantly behind when it comes to working with Youtube content creators, and streamers. The only exception to this is Revision 3, and Total Biscuit (although even TB had to fight to get support from 2K).

^ I enjoyed it!

Pronunciations aside, the main issue in terms of production was the last minute nature of things. 2K PR was great to work with on the editorial side, not so much on the Youtube side. Believe it or not PR literally reached out at 1AM CST, leaving very little time to scramble if content was to go live shortly after the embargo lifted for all media. Had PR handled things better, there would have been way more time to put together a video that was much more polished. As is though, there are still plenty of people that enjoy it for what it is - virtually a one-take "first look" at some of the new content, and features, based off information that's out there in the wild.

In regards to mistakes, features, and mechanics, patronage was corrected later in the video. PR did not send along a fact sheet, or any other relevant materials, and one would typically expect. Again, there are issues on the PR side, they're significantly behind when it comes to working with Youtube content creators, and streamers. The only exception to this is Revision 3, and Total Biscuit (although even TB had to fight to get support from 2K). Hopefully 2K catches up in terms of their PR strategy, as they're currently lagging behind quite a bit.

Going to assume you're the author of the video.

I like your energy and commentary. I appreciate you posting your vid so soon. I'd like to see you have a go at using the Assyrians, the new civ I'm most excited about.

And please pronounce the Shoshone as "Show-Show-Nee".

Thanks man. Happy civ'ing

In regards to mistakes, features, and mechanics, patronage was corrected later in the video. PR did not send along a fact sheet, or any other relevant materials, and one would typically expect. Again, there are issues on the PR side, they're significantly behind when it comes to working with Youtube content creators, and streamers. The only exception to this is Revision 3, and Total Biscuit (although even TB had to fight to get support from 2K).

Thanks for the upload, appreciate your efforts and look forward to more gameplay especially for us not located in North America who still have to wait another 3 days before release. :sad:

BTW ignore the rude people, these junkies are losing their minds (and manners) chasing a quick CiV fix! :lol:

Holy crap the barbs killing his first MoV made me laugh out loud.

Holy crap the barbs killing his first MoV made me laugh out loud.

yeah, it was the "oooh they better not.....arghh I hope I have a save" that made me lol

but Mystic.......don't let these fanatics get at you, they are afterall "fanatics" about civ, they will catch e.v.e.r.y.thing ;) It really was a cool video to watch

Great video, though. Venice is going to be an interesting civ to say the least.

Would rather wait to spend my time watching someone who knows how to play the game well.

Top Bottom