1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization V: BNW Quick Look gameplay on Youtube

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMystic, Jul 8, 2013.

1. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    Looks like they are killed rather than captured

Attached Files:

2. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

GP's are always killed rather then captured (prophets being the exception). Settlers and workers are captured.

3. Securion

Securion Civ Veteran

Thanks for trying the video.

4. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Yeah, sorry, but I was really shocked & appalled at what I felt were some unnecessarily nasty comments about the "polish" of this video. Sheesh, talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. It reminds me of some of the nasty comments that were directed at 2K Kate! As one of those who isn't getting the game until Friday, I'm deeply appreciative of the author's efforts in getting this video so quickly, & so am more than happy to overlook minor pronunciation errors...or even less than stellar game-play (like I'm any better at playing? ;-) )

I really think that, as a community, we really ought to lift our game in the politeness stakes, & maybe keep any insulting views we might have to ourselves-lest we drive away those with a mind to letting us in on vital info on new games in the future!

Aussie.

5. Randall_Flagg

Randall_Flagg The Evil One

It's like the game set it up for you with all of those City State's right close!! I just kept saying, do not send that merchant out unprotected. It only took me a few settler's getting zapped to learn that.

Thanks for Vidieo. Energy in preview vids are great. Pablo Diablo Still is king of energy though. :)

Oh and if you could play Some Shoshone and post it up.

6. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Nice video! :)

7. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

"I feel like I'm totally blind here."

Ironic, because he was trying to find Enrico Dandolo in the civ list.

8. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Yeah, but he could have at least written down some facts before he started recording. I mean, Patronage is a new tree? Really?

Eh.

9. CrossTheRiver

CrossTheRiver Chieftain

While I'm not a big fan of him dumping the blame on 2k for the lack of quality in his commentary, at least he took the time to do a rough, candid video of the first couple turns as venice.

I don't think he meant for it to be a polished let's play, just a quick, hey I got the game early here's a video, let's chat about the game, kind of thing.

So we can all afford a little patience in regards to the tc.

10. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

From what he's said in the YT comments, he seems to be one of those guys that gets most games early. I assume that the companies giving him early access expect some sort of promotion. Plus, he gets paid for views. He didn't exactly do this out of the goodness of his heart. :p

Still, I was amused. I don't expect great gameplay from reviewers, but this was rather something else. :)

11. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff