Civilization V Complete Edition questions

Vict0r_1994

Chieftain
Hello everybody! I am new to the Civfanatics forums, and the first peculiarity you might notice about me, if you bother to check my profile that is, is that I stated I had played Civ V on Emperor difficulty and Civ IV as well, but I didn't mention I own either of them.

That is not an omission from my part, but a true statement, as the copies of the games I played were pirated... Now, I know many of you may be reluctant to read the rest of the post, but please hear my out for 5 minutes and try to understand my circumstances!

My name is Victor and I am a second year bachelor's degree accounting student currently on an Erasmus exchange in Bologna, Italy. I come from a poor Romanian family - my father works as a coal miner and my mother is a simple housewife. My father earns 800 $ a month in a country in which prices are almost as high as in western Europe, and with that money he had to pay taxes, the loan for the house we owned and to feed 4 people (I have a little sister). The present for my 10th birthday was a PC and from that moment onwards I played dozens and dozens of torrented games. I wholeheartedly agree that what I did was a crime and was wrong, but ask yourselves this question: how many of you would have extorted your parents for money when they were cutting the FOOD budget just to pay some multinational company with billions of $ in turnover? How is that a less immoral act from my part??? No - they did not pirate games, I DID, so I took it upon myself to be a responsible person and right that wrong! I had no financial independence back then, but I promissed myself to purchase all the games I liked when I would have a job of my own.

I'm not there yet, but I have some economies from my 1st year university scholarship and part time job and from my current Erasmus scholarship, so I decided it is time to start rewarding the developers of the games I enjoyed.

Getting more to the point, I never used steam and I'm a bit confused about some issues. I really love both Civilization V, the turn-based strategy genre in general and history as well, so, besides supporting the creators of the great civilization series, I would like to contribute to its equally great community and create some maps/maybe even civs. So, does any one of you know which edition should I buy to have access to steam (and thus the SDK...) and both DLCs? The complete edition is the last one issued, yes, but the product description on steam does not seem to mention BNW, although it clearly states it contains Gods and kings... Also, do I get access to steam and the SDK if I purchase my copy of the game from Amazon or ebay, or do I have to order it from their website?

I thank you all for having the patience of reading this post, and I hope you understand my situation. I could have simply addressed my questions without telling you any of these things, but I really appreciate what the modders in this community have done and I don't want to lie about my actions... ;)

If you buy Civilization Complete Edition you got it all - G&K and BNW. Usually you can get it with some discount somewhere, sometimes quite large discount. It doesn't matter where you buy your copy of Civ 5 Complete, if you buy the PC version, you will need a steam account to install the game. A steam account is free.
And yeah, the SDK is a free download from steam.

If you buy Civilization Complete Edition you got it all - G&K and BNW. Usually you can get it with some discount somewhere, sometimes quite large discount. It doesn't matter where you buy your copy of Civ 5 Complete, if you buy the PC version, you will need a steam account to install the game. A steam account is free.

I thought the complete edition came prior to BNW? I haven't been in steam shopping for a while but I always thought:

The complete edition came with G&K plus all the DLC like extra civs, maps, and scenarios.

Then following that BNW came out and it included new maps and civs. I could be wrong though.

My reply was for this message. I am sure that BNW appeared in 2013, while the complete edition got out in 2014 - I checked that before posting, but, once again, the description did not make it clear that the complete edition contains BNW. :confused: Which one is it in the end?

Simple Civ 5 timeline.

* Civ 5 "Vanilla"
* A bunch of DLCs
* Civ 5 G&K
* Civ 5 Gold: Contains "Vanilla" & G&K and DLCs
* Civ 5 BNW
* Civ 5 Complete: Contains everything (hense the name complete).

Simple Civ 5 timeline.

* Civ 5 "Vanilla"
* A bunch of DLCs
* Civ 5 G&K
* Civ 5 Gold: Contains "Vanilla" & G&K and DLCs
* Civ 5 BNW
* Civ 5 Complete: Contains everything (hense the name complete).

Thanks again! I don't need the Scrambled Maps pack, so don't worry! (I never used them in my game either, so...) By the way, did you guys win the game on immortal in any other way than science/military/time? I always found those types of victory much easier to secure than the cultural one for example, and at a certain difficulty level the cultural one really gets close to impossible from my perspective. Any short tips?

There should be some good holiday sales coming up.

re: Immortal, I find it a bit easier to win by culture than by science since it takes so long to build the space ship parts and there are many more techs needed to research.

I never seem to have enough money to buy several spaceship parts (Freedom) or to have enough GE's to build several parts (Order).

There should be some good holiday sales coming up.

re: Immortal, I find it a bit easier to win by culture than by science since it takes so long to build the space ship parts and there are many more techs needed to research.

I never seem to have enough money to buy several spaceship parts (Freedom) or to have enough GE's to build several parts (Order).

I never seem to get enough tourism/culture to be influential with more than one civ... Although I mostly go with order, which is not really ideal for a cultural victory, I didn't manage to do better with freedom either.

Top Bottom