Civilization V Funny screenshots

After more than 7.000 hours in this game, something NEW happened. An AI voted for ME to host the World Congress. I had not bribed it either and as you can see from the screen shot Venice put ALL 18 votes on me! I didn¨t know this was even theoretically possible! Game level is Deity.

Attachments

• AnAIvotedforme.jpg
    AnAIvotedforme.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 644
I think England may have some problems... And she was the first to Renaissance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 8.54.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 8.54.59 PM.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 580
7-8 turns ago I backstabbed Sejong and all my other 4 friends and declared war on all the civs in the game to steal their money. My army consists of a crossbowman and I am last in all demographics. Now Sejong brings up this panel.

Sejong_afraid.jpg

Ya gotta love the irony :)

Genghis was a "little" unhappy. In the aftermath, one of his cities join my empire instead. It was a pop27 city and even after that the mongolians were still unhappy...

Attachments

• unhappyMongolia.jpg
    unhappyMongolia.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 507
9 citadels = 9 great generals expended. Just earning that many GG means a LOT of warring. And what's so special about the land around Damascus, that merited such a high level of protection?

Nothing. There was one last capital for me to take before victory, and I just wanted to keep Portuguese troops at a safe distance from Mecca (right of the screenshot) without having to send or move too many troops around. And I also wanted to use the Lebenstraum-enhanced citadels, so I just allowed myself to get carried away (not all of these citadels are mine btw)

After more than 7.000 hours in this game, something NEW happened. An AI voted for ME to host the World Congress. I had not bribed it either and as you can see from the screen shot Venice put ALL 18 votes on me! I didn¨t know this was even theoretically possible! Game level is Deity.
That’s really weird. I could understand a ‘kingmaker’ algorithm, whereby an AI that can’t win an election gives their votes to a third party based on their relationship and threat level, but that’s just voluntarily handing the crown right over.

So... After completion, I sadly didn't get a 30% bonus for defensive buildings.
Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.33.38 PM.png

Barbarians rule supreme...

I would have loved for barbarians to be able to use settlers to create a "mega-camp" that gives for example 100% defensive bonus and spawns units at double rate. And maybe barbarian workers to be able to build some sort of improvement usable by barbs. Like it is, it makes no sense whatsoever if you think about it. Like, they take prisoners but just keep them forever for no reason.

I would have loved for barbarians to be able to use settlers to create a "mega-camp" that gives for example 100% defensive bonus and spawns units at double rate. And maybe barbarian workers to be able to build some sort of improvement usable by barbs. Like it is, it makes no sense whatsoever if you think about it. Like, they take prisoners but just keep them forever for no reason.

Since they are able to conquer cities, it would be justifyable that they would be able to use at least one settler to found a barbarian city. It would definitely spice up things!

Really, Kamahameha? Really?
FWIW, the AIs love to snipe a copy of the player's natural monopoly lux. The location has Deer and is on river, and not that close to your cap. Not a bad spot at all really. Fine place placement for your CBs to train up. Not too close to Shaka. No reason to raze it. Look at it as a gift.

Top Bottom