Civilization V Funny screenshots

I would love to see that Sejong picture up above edited so it's in English and whatever he is saying is an "Afraid" response.

So I guess Gengis Khan insisted on being sole conqueror of this lake. Could also just be a misprint in their latest shipyard order.

My foreign advisor was flipping out about a possible sneak attack for the rest of the game.

Spoiler :

(Also, is there a way to hide the "Attached Thumbnails" part?)

Attachments

• 2012-11-06_00001.jpg
    2012-11-06_00001.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 5,755
You should stop providing open borders and see all his ships go to the other end of the continent

You should stop providing open borders and see all his ships go to the other end of the continent

whoa that's actually a cool idea.....if stuck on an inland sea and you really wish you had a navy out in the ocean to explore/supplement an attack against a different civ, get open borders with someone who shares the inland sea with you and fill it with as many ships as possible, when open borders agreement is cancelled, voila, you will have a navy in the ocean. it's just like how teleporting works in real life. i mean star trek.

So I guess Gengis Khan insisted on being sole conqueror of this lake. Could also just be a misprint in their latest shipyard order.

My theory is that Genghis is forever looking for the loch ness monster.

whoa that's actually a cool idea.....if stuck on an inland sea and you really wish you had a navy out in the ocean to explore/supplement an attack against a different civ, get open borders with someone who shares the inland sea with you and fill it with as many ships as possible, when open borders agreement is cancelled, voila, you will have a navy in the ocean. it's just like how teleporting works in real life. i mean star trek.

This totally demands experimentation.

Isn't there a danger though that your units will get moved to landlocked cities? God that would be funny :lol:

Yeah, I recall someone posting a screenshot not long ago where that happened when they liberated a coastal CS. Sucks for a melee ship (just scrap for gold), but if a battleship got teleported to a landlocked city, hey!, you've got 3-tile range super artillery in that city (still probably better to scrap for gold and save on maintenance, but still ...).

Holy Maryh!! This is exagerated!

Spoiler :

Well, thanks mate! You are so kind!

Spoiler :

Turns out Ethiopia developed the prototype for the carrier-air ship that was seen in "The Avengers" movie.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• 2012-11-05_00001.jpg
    2012-11-05_00001.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 3,022
That's weird, the cs didn't expand culturally through sea tiles first(horse is on 4th ring).
I believe I've read it in the patch notes, that culture expansion will now reach out to priority tiles, even when they're further away. It wouldn't be of any use in the case of foody tiles (when it would also do this), but in the case of luxes or strategic resources it can make sense.
It would be pretty annoying, though, if you had settled your city close to a resource, only to notice some rival town snapped it up because of this type of weird expansion.
I don't think I would have seen reason to do this kind of patching.

Spoiler :

Stay classy America :D.

Moderator Action: Merged with the "funny screenshots" thread.

:lol: very funy! I remember in one of my games attila razed the german city Koblenz and 3 turns later founded... Koblenz... Right next to the old city ruins too! That was awkward

On a multiplayer game with my brother, an AI Japan got a city razed(Tokyo, I think)by another AI.They came back and resettled it in the same place with the same name.:lol:

Is it the army of undead from The Mummy? They are getting out from that evil ruin over there! :lol:

2 turns later, more barbs from this island...that's a lot of barbs per mile square :eek:

Top Bottom