1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization V Funny screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Caeserportugal, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Pydgie

Pydgie Alien Bean

Wow. I've seen CS's ask for luxuries that are in their land but not improved, but I've never seen them ask for improved resources!

So... Uh, Firaxis, we sorta need submarine-archaeologists with the next patch!

2. njmfff

njmfff Prince

This is why Hiawatta is hardcore. :lol:

This won't end up well...

Proof that Washington is idiot.

It's not like we're at war or anything... Ramses MUST build every wonder....

ps. Find you what's wrong with Egypt. :lol:

3. Doktor Vic Tim

Doktor Vic Tim King

Dutch Pathfinder with that many upgrades?

4. Pydgie

Pydgie Alien Bean

I don't get any of them besides the second one. Is the last one because Ramesses built Machu Picchu and it didn't show up on the mountain?

5. Pydgie

Pydgie Alien Bean

Damn, I didn't notice that. Probably gifted by a city state

6. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Screenshoot nr 1 - awesome Polders (basically, awesome Netherlands :) )
    Screenshoot nr 3 - OH MY GOD THAT IS SUCH A WASTE!!!
    Screenshoot nr 4 - are you talking about Egyptian incredibly developed military technology? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gatling machine guns versus chariots :lol:

7. Pydgie

Pydgie Alien Bean

I still don't get the third one or first one, but I think the fourth one is that he is crushing Egypt, and Egypt is still building wonders

8. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Pretty sure it's not improved until they reach the tech that reveals aluminum. So, while you can see it, they can not.

9. Pydgie

Pydgie Alien Bean

Good point. Didn't think of that.

10. njmfff

njmfff Prince

:lol: yeah, nevermind him. Really Advanced Start + some other mods I was trying out, so I put one at start. (One of them being very useful "Crossover Promotions" which switches melee\ranged promotions for ranged units that turn into melee ones, like Keshiks to Cavalry. :D so you get Drill III logistics cav instead of useless logistics cav :lol: )

Read below for some fun moments in this game. :lol:

1. Yeah, one was lot of floodplains and rest was lot marches all over that area. :D Most of the map was forest\jungle\marches with few areas being desert\floodplains.

4. Yeah, poor Ramses got destroyed by Shoshone without even going into war with them. :lol:

Chief just went superspam his cities, and dropped two of them around Egypt soaking up most of the land. Egypt dropped his cities near mine and we fought, I burned it down. I dropped mine above Thebes.... Zu (China) was on the east of me and north of Shoshone (east of Memphis). Egypt has been stuck in time since then. He had no space to drop his cities, with exception of Memphis that he dropped next to me way, way too late. I felt sorry for him and actually didn't want to take Thebes, but he kept spamming me with his stupid GP and refused to stop.

Btw, Zu didn't like Thebes taking titles away from her capital, so she DoW poor Ramses.... and Shoshone decided "Hey, this guy is threat and menace to the world, let's kill him." :lol: He also had love-hate relationship with Zu (mostly because he did similar landgrab to China) but they were at peace later on when they picked up my religion. :confused:

Ps. I hate when Shoshone spawns next to me and do the same landgrab to me. :mad:

11. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Third one: Builds Atlanta just out of reach of Lake Victoria.

Although I would say position of Atlanta (river coast) is not too bad, another city could be build north to claim LV.

12. Pydgie

Pydgie Alien Bean

Oh, that make sense. I didn't notice that was lake Victoria. I just thought it was a normal lake.

13. George Abitbol

George Abitbol Prince

Tilted Axis map? This kinf of situation is frustrating. If at least we could have Ice-braker unit, or the possibility to melt tje ice cap by nuking it...

14. njmfff

njmfff Prince

Yeah, but it's AI, he never bothered to do it. But he could have settled there on the hill next to LV, picked up that coal (possibly), deer, 2 fish and silver. CS would probably never reach that coal in time. :D

btw, Washington AI is terrible, he never does anything useful.

15. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Oh ok, Washington AI didn't buy the 2 tiles needed for LV since Washington has the cheap tile UA. That makes more sense.

16. Bergerperson

Bergerperson An actual Canadian

PLEASE!!!! Put spoilers around you pictures so the page loads A LOT QUICKER!

I put spoilers in this reply so the page loads better.... Which brings me a thought of mine, can moderators put a rule on this thread forcing posts with screenshots to have spoilers around them? Gives low-connected computers like mine the ability to load a page within 10 minutes....[/exaggeration]

17. Loucypher

Loucypher King

Nope, Small Continents Plus. Just the normal ice "wrapper" in the far north.
    Oh and before anyone asks about the civ in the middle of the map, that's the Nazca, which I play as in this particular game.

18. iamdanno

iamdanno Warlord

His settler probably came from the south and didn't see it until later. It's not a bad city spot.

19. Pydgie

Pydgie Alien Bean

Actually the lake tile isn't within buying or working range.

20. mclericp

mclericp Warlord

Great location for start! With horse and dyes on river yay
    *oh look theres a ruin*

"surrounding area revealed"

Motherfker...
    Spoiler :

this is even worse than that La Venta being ignorant of its aluminium on its backdoor