'Civilization V: Gods & Kings' expansion announced!

Ha, how great. Just yesterday I thought "I should get back into civ again".
And here we go.

Eh, don't see how religion adds an interesting mechanic. Espionage is kinda cool, as is naval melee.

Could this be the expansion that adds the "No longer requires Steam" feature?
No.

Steam support is usually added because it brings some nice features, such as ahem... achievements, but more importantly, a rather soft DRM-scheme and the ability to download the game any time anywhere as long as you remember your Steam logins. This is not to mention the multiplayer capabilities and some other interesting features such as storing savegames in the cloud.

wow great finally i was a bit disapointed with 5 but with this i think we will have a fully fletched civ game vcan not wait to purchase this.
i hope it will make all it promisses come true

Awesome! Now I can finally be the Byzantines. All the naysayers should remember that Civ IV wasn't really that great until BTS (the SECOND expansion).

Really excited for this, but I'm not sure if I will buy it on release day like I did for the base game. I will probably wait for player reviews if the new AI is capable. New core mechanics like this does not bode well for an AI that already has trouble with existing mechanics.

Nice to see CivFanatics back again as well. I knew something was up yesterday when I couldn't access the site and found Greg Laab's post on 2kGames.

I'm not looking forward for this. I was disappointed on how Civ 5 lack alot of things, and how there is less mods in Civ 5 to enhance my replayable, but honestly... Civ 4 is better until Civ 5 got crap-loads of mods like it was the golden era all over again.

YESSSSS!!!!!! I was so hoping for this. GREAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! Let me read. Let me read more about it. :D

Religion and espionage. New combat system. Time for me to get used to playing CiV for awhile before this new expansion comes out. Besides Empire Total war is getting boring.

Hmmm...For the complete Civilization 5 experience they should be closing in on $150 to $160 now. :eek:

There are a few things that sound cool I must confess but if global happiness and broken diplomacy still exist it'll be like whipped cream on a pile of sawdust.

Will the new religion system mean that the Piety SP will be reworked...?

Can't wait for this expansion! When I heard for the expansion, I remembered that there was a hot and long discussion about that and I found a link to it. If someone is interested about how we were thinking about religious city-states in 2010/2011, check the link.
Also, lets hope that new combat system will really get better in gameplay and not only on paper:D.

Havent been on this site for weeks and weeks (occasionally look to see if there any new patches/mods that would make me install the game again) and now I see this! Very exciting.

Interesting to know how it will work with DLC...

Gee I was hoping for at least 6-8 Scenarios considering I am such a CIV FAN/PLAYER and have purchased ALL of the previous DLC's for the game from STEAM and CIVREV & X-BOX. I dont mind giving ALL of my SUMMER O-T money from work to SID, but PLEASE a little more here.... I just have to wait until the economy improves before I shell out another $50-$60.00.

but what about unit animations in multiplayer?

Spoiler :

;)

seriously, I am going to buy this expansion instantly. I love ciV and if they bring in some good stuff from cIV/III I will love it even more.

A Victorian sci-fi scenario? That actually sounds really interesting and would hopefully give me a some units that I can use to create some steampunk units of my own.

If this expansion could give us another golden age of mods (and i do mean crap loads of awesome mods like good fantasy mods equal or greater like Fall from Heaven or big mods like Rise of Mankind for example), I would get this expansion. However i doubt that would even happen but it be awesome to be proven wrong.

If this expansion could give us another golden age of mods (and i do mean crap loads of awesome mods like good fantasy mods equal or greater like Fall from Heaven or big mods like Rise of Mankind for example), I would get this expansion. However i doubt that would even happen but it be awesome to be proven wrong.

nvm . . .

Sorry but i dont quite understand what your trying to portray?

from what i can understand he wants what happened after 4 years of civ IV and the production of mods that have been made for it.

but i think for that to happen the game needs to be semi done when it comes to patches so modders can actually go ahead and do such extensive mods.

for me multiplayer performance is the main issue with CiV 5 plus it is not possible to play with 25+ civs in a multiplayer game (unlike in Civ 4).
I hope both will get fixed in this expansion!

Top Bottom