1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization V: Gold

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by The_J, Jan 27, 2013.

1. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator

Our member NeverMind has spotted a new version of Civilization V, which will probably please everyone, who is still waiting for a "complete" version: Civilization Gold will be released this year, including the base game, all the DLC and Gods & Kings.
    The release date is a bit contradictory at the moment, with EBGames reporting the 19th of February, and Amazon.de saying 22nd of March.
    If or if not this is a hint that the prior rumors about a second expansion called "One World" are valid is up to the reader's discretion ;).

Image of coins by clker.com, under public domain.

Attached Files:

2. MqsTout

MqsTout Chieftain

But is it finally the Steam DRM free version those of us who like to own that which we buy have been waiting for?

3. The_J

I guess that will sadly not happen.

4. Dida

Dida YHWH

If this is true than "one world" is not happening. Development of Civ5 is done. This is sad as this game is still a mess.

5. The_J

Before BtS was released, Firaxis also had a Gold version with Civ4 and Warlords, so don't be too fast with your assumptions ;).

6. Thander

Thander Chieftain

That's not always the case. I know some other games with Gold Editions that had an expansion come out after. For example, Neverwinter Nights had two expansions with the Gold version containing only the first expansion and a Platinum containing both expansions. Also, Dawn of War had three expansions. The Gold version came with the first expansion pack, but then a second expansion pack came out later for a Platinum version. Finally, a Complete came out for the third expansion.

Don't forget about Civ4 either. Civ4 Gold had just the Warlords expansion. Then after Beyond the Sword they came out with Civ4 Complete. Based on that history and after this announcement, I'd say there is now a higher chance One World is happening.

7. Thorn

Thorn Chieftain

Yeah, they still have to add real diplomacy to Civ5 at some point. One World must happen! :crazyeye:

8. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

Europa Univversalis 3 released two expansions, and made 'Complete'. After 'completion' two more expansions were released so this is not the problem

9. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

Regardless of this, I've still got high hopes for a new xpac :goodjob:

10. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Chieftain

You don't need to give credit for public domain images. :p

11. The_J

I like to honour the authors :).

12. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

well, i do hope that a new expansion will come, allthough g&K made 5 a true civ game, much has to be improved. in the game it self, but also how is works on DX 10 & 11

13. Quintillus

Quintillus Civ III Forum Resident Supporter

Knew I should've waited until the inevitable bundle with all the DLC and expansion... although I suspect this won't be the final bundle. Not just Civ4, but also Civ3, had Gold Editions between the first and second expansion.

14. essmene

essmene Chieftain

Great and I just got myself the goty edition and GoK. I hope there is an upgrade - since i dont want to buy the - in my mind - overpriced DLC's one by one.

15. CoffeeMug

CoffeeMug Chieftain

I've been waiting to this, just in case to by-pass the process of going through Steam paid-downloads. Let's hope it doesn't take till the holiday season to be released.