1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization V Hall of Fame Update Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 76 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to zenmaster for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Deity, Time, Marathon, Small, Lakes, Celts (Boudicca) [BNW] game for 17593 points.

zenmaster was the most active player during this update, submitting 18 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update
    Suliz - 960 BC, Turn 51, 2306 points, Deity, Domination, Quick, Duel, Great Plains Plus, Maya (Pacal) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 2050 AD, Turn 1500, 17593 points, Deity, Time, Marathon, Small, Lakes, Celts (Boudicca) [BNW]

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  2. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

A number of players earned Gold Medals this update:
    Fastest Finish (Date):
    zenmaster - 1170 AD, Turn 177, 6571 points, Chieftain, Diplomacy, Standard, Tiny, Highlands, Songhai (Askia) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 1725 AD, Turn 170, 2864 points, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 1620 AD, Turn 234, 4134 points, Prince, Science, Standard, Standard, Highlands, Inca (Pachacuti) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 1700 AD, Turn 165, 4204 points, Prince, Science, Quick, Tiny, Pangaea, Shoshone (Pocatello) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 1530 AD, Turn 143, 3493 points, Settler, Science, Quick, Large, Archipelago, France (Napoleon) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 2860 BC, Turn 19, 10140 points, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Great Plains, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 1530 AD, Turn 143, 3988 points, Warlord, Science, Quick, Small, Tilted Axis, Austria (Maria Theresa) [BNW]
    Score:
    zenmaster - 4204 points, 1700 AD, Turn 165, Prince, Science, Quick, Tiny, Pangaea, Shoshone (Pocatello) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 10140 points, 2860 BC, Turn 19, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Great Plains, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 3988 points, 1530 AD, Turn 143, Warlord, Science, Quick, Small, Tilted Axis, Austria (Maria Theresa) [BNW]

3. aafritz17

aafritz17 Chieftain Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

4. Suliz

Suliz Chieftain

Darn, after 9 years, I was finally going to complete VVV, but in my Polynesia game I neglected to add the initial save when I uploaded it. Oh well, next time.

5. zenmaster

zenmaster Chieftain Supporter

Svinopes was even busier last session! Mine just stand out this time as no one else happened to put in some gold medal tries.

Look forward to seeing you complete the VVV! It is an awesome achievement.

6. aafritz17

Did the same thing last month - submitted, like, 40 games FOR THE WIN!, except I missed one map. That map was in THIS update, so I'm finally there. (Although some of 'em are pretty low scores...)

Hopefully, you have all the saves, so you just have to resubmit, not replay it.

7. dinanipedro

dinanipedro highlander

@zenmaster:clap:
    :clap::clap:
    on some great gold medals there; hope you at least broke out a sweat for some ie that king shuffle with babs
    really enjoyed that pachacuti highlands game on prince, would make a good gauntlet challenge *suggestion! - those settings or similar
    looks like t143 was your months gaming timings for quick

congrats @aafritz17 :clap: on completing the VVV (32 hof civfanatics and counting) and all the good work you put in to keep these gauntlets up and running

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    zenmaster and aafritz17 like this.
  8. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

9. zenmaster

zenmaster Chieftain Supporter

Thanks-- oh I sweated that King Quick Shuffle game all right. King is my least favorite difficulty level, and Shuffle is my least favorite map. (I get Tundra Islands like 50% of the time at least...)

I envy your skill and seeming comfort with quick games. The timing is so tough if you are used to Standard and slower, and it is tougher to leverage military strength.
    Those King shuffle games from an old gauntlet are always testers. I generally am pretty lousy at quick speed compared to the other game speeds, but it is easier to get some early mojo going in those lower difficulty levels.

Pacachuti highlands games are always fun. Sexten has played a bunch of them and I joined in on a few in the past.

Yes, I also look forward to seeing multiple VVV completers next month! Great job, aafritz, on everything!

MAGA, dinanipedro and aafritz17 like this.
  10. MAGA

MAGA Chieftain

Bit late with this, but holy cow @zenmaster, congrats on seven gold medals in one update!

And I second @Noble Zarkon, thanks to @Ozbenno for keeping the HoF running smoothly, it's very much appreciated =)

11. aafritz17

June Gauntlets are visible in the HOF. Just don't submit any for them until after the imminent update.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019