1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization V Hall of Fame Update Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, May 3, 2019.

1. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 37 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to vadalaz for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Settler, Time, Quick, Duel, Inland Sea, Egypt (Ramesses II) [BNW] game for 20531 points.

dinanipedro was the most active player during this update, submitting 12 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update
    johncparr - 1822 AD, Turn 281, 1851 points, Deity, Science, Standard, Standard, Continents, Poland (Casimir III) [BNW]
    johncparr - 1828 AD, Turn 284, 2023 points, Deity, Science, Standard, Standard, Highlands, Poland (Casimir III) [BNW]
    vadalaz - 1595 AD, Turn 229, 1591 points, Deity, Science, Standard, Huge, Terra, Polynesia (Kamehameha) [BNW]

2. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

A number of players earned Gold Medals this update:

Fastest Finish (Date):
    MAGA - 1610 AD, Turn 232, 4250 points, Emperor, Science, Standard, Standard, Rainforest, Aztec (Montezuma) [BNW]
    dinanipedro - 1710 AD, Turn 167, 3282 points, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Maya (Pacal) [BNW]
    dinanipedro - 1480 AD, Turn 138, 4358 points, Settler, Science, Quick, Large, Archipelago, France (Napoleon) [BNW]
    dinanipedro - 1690 AD, Turn 163, 3102 points, Warlord, Science, Quick, Large, Rainforest, Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II) [BNW]
    vadalaz - 1300 AD, Turn 190, 4644 points, Warlord, Science, Standard, Standard, Highlands, Maya (Pacal) [BNW]
    vadalaz - 1220 AD, Turn 182, 9333 points, Warlord, Science, Standard, Small, Great Plains, Rome (Augustus Caesar) [BNW]

Score:
    MAGA - 4250 points, 1610 AD, Turn 232, Emperor, Science, Standard, Standard, Rainforest, Aztec (Montezuma) [BNW]
    dinanipedro - 3282 points, 1710 AD, Turn 167, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Maya (Pacal) [BNW]
    MAGA - 5078 points, 1640 AD, Turn 238, Prince, Diplomacy, Standard, Tiny, Archipelago, Portugal (Maria I) [BNW]
    vadalaz - 9333 points, 1220 AD, Turn 182, Warlord, Science, Standard, Small, Great Plains, Rome (Augustus Caesar) [BNW]

3. MAGA

MAGA Chieftain

As I'll be shipping off to basic before the next update goes through, this will be my last chance to play/post for the next 6+ months. Just wanted to say thanks to all the people still playing Civ V who make this so much fun, as well as the HoF staff who keep it up and running! Gonna try to finish the VVV before I leave - will require that I play twelve games in less than a month, which would ordinarily be impossible for me, but with no school or work should be doable.

zenmaster and dinanipedro like this.
  4. aafritz17

aafritz17 Chieftain Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

Thanks, man, for your service, and stay safe. God bless.
    And good luck getting through VVV.

5. dinanipedro

dinanipedro highlander

6. zenmaster

zenmaster Chieftain Supporter

I echo aafritz's sentiments exactly! Enjoy playing when you can, and enjoy your experience in the coming months!

7. zenmaster

zenmaster Chieftain Supporter

Dinanipedro put in some great games this month! Congrats on rocking those quick Science wins.

Congrats to vadalaz for besting the old Roman Great Plains gauntlet times of Manpanzee and me when we tied and vadalaz was one behind. The tightest gauntlet finish I have seen. vadalaz and blatc have put in some mindblowing Great Plains Science games. There are a couple threads in the other forum sections where they drop serious knowledge on their attempts.

Also, hearty congrats to MAGA for putting in a high level science gold medal game! Much respect for great Emperor Science wins. A hard level to play well.
    Also, good game choice as Aztecs in the rainforest are always fun :)