Civilization V Hall-of-Fame Update (for January 2022)

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 28 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to zenmaster for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Settler, Domination, Marathon, Duel, Great Plains, Huns (Attila) [BNW] game for 24100 points.

zenmaster was the most active player during this update, submitting 16 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update
levealick - 1360 AD, Turn 196, 3900 points, Deity, Science, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Poland (Casimir III) [BNW]
zenmaster - 1850 AD, Turn 195, 1574 points, Deity, Science, Quick, Standard, Archipelago, Venice (Enrico Dandolo) [BNW]

One player earned a Gold Medal this update:

Fastest Finish (Date):
fiddlesticks - 1650 AD, Turn 240, 3177 points, Immortal, Science, Standard, Standard, Continents, Inca (Pachacuti) [BNW]

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 28 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to zenmaster for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Settler, Domination, Marathon, Duel, Great Plains, Huns (Attila) [BNW] game for 24100 points.

zenmaster was the most active player during this update, submitting 16 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update
levealick - 1360 AD, Turn 196, 3900 points, Deity, Science, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Poland (Casimir III) [BNW]
zenmaster - 1850 AD, Turn 195, 1574 points, Deity, Science, Quick, Standard, Archipelago, Venice (Enrico Dandolo) [BNW]
One player earned a Gold Medal this update:

Fastest Finish (Date):
fiddlesticks - 1650 AD, Turn 240, 3177 points, Immortal, Science, Standard, Standard, Continents, Inca (Pachacuti) [BNW]

I think something went wrong with the update? Or maybe it is just slow... The system read that I played a Deity game and read the score of my Settler Domination game in the first post, but in "My Submissions" none of my games were "Published", they all still say "Accepted". I had at least one or two gold medal games in there and they didn't register. Just curious.

I guess the HoF hasn't updated yet, as the latest update in it still says Jan. 3. Probably just processing.

I don't think this update went through.

The Hall of Fame has not updated since January 3rd.
I know there have been some sitewide issues, so just want to be sure the powers-that-be are aware that the update didn't take.
Thanks so much for fixing the game submission issue.

I don't think this update went through.

The Hall of Fame has not updated since January 3rd.
I know there have been some sitewide issues, so just want to be sure the powers-that-be are aware that the update didn't take.
Thanks so much for fixing the game submission issue.
Checking into this.

The update problem is somehow tied to whatever went wrong at the end of January (when some of you had trouble submitting games). So far they haven't figured out the fix (but I'm reasonably confident they will do so soon).

So I have extended both February gauntlets to 3/28/22. When I am able to do an update, I'll let you all know, then we'll work it out so you can finish any games you have underway.

The update problem is somehow tied to whatever went wrong at the end of January (when some of you had trouble submitting games). So far they haven't figured out the fix (but I'm reasonably confident they will do so soon).

So I have extended both February gauntlets to 3/28/22. When I am able to do an update, I'll let you all know, then we'll work it out so you can finish any games you have underway.
Thanks for the update! I am sure things will get worked out eventually. Thanks to everyone working on the issue!

I believe the HOF has finally been fixed. I am traveling this weekend (a nephew's wedding). I brought a computer with me, but not sure when I'll get a chance to get on it. But I'll get a new update going just as soon as I can.

I'm gonna extend the gauntlets for another few days, just so there's SOMETHING there. Pretty sure I can at least do that from my iPhone! But stay tuned.

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 51 games were accepted since the previous update.

zenmaster
was the most active player during this update, submitting 20 games.

Only 3 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
fiddlesticks - 1695 AD, Turn 249, 3483 points, Deity, Science, Standard, Standard, Archipelago, Spain (Isabella) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1510 AD, Turn 212, 2519 points, Deity, Diplomacy, Standard, Standard, Fractal, Greece (Alexander) [BNW]

A number of players earned Gold Medals this update:
Fastest Finish (Date):
levealick
- 1360 AD, Turn 196, 3900 points, Deity, Science, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Poland (Casimir III) [BNW]
zenmaster - 250 AD, Turn 125, 3032 points, Emperor, Culture, Standard, Standard, Small Continents, Japan (Oda Nobunaga) [BNW]
zenmaster - 2620 BC, Turn 23, 2650 points, Immortal, Domination, Quick, Duel, Pangaea, Venice (Enrico Dandolo) [BNW]
zenmaster - 150 BC, Turn 109, 3661 points, King, Domination, Standard, Standard, Great Plains, Arabia (Harun al-Rashid) [BNW]
zenmaster - 850 BC, Turn 81, 5237 points, Settler, Culture, Standard, Standard, Shuffle, Ethiopia (Haile Selassie) [BNW]
zenmaster - 1720 BC, Turn 38, 7490 points, Settler, Culture, Quick, Duel, Great Plains Plus, Netherlands (William) [BNW]
zenmaster - 3325 BC, Turn 45, 4600 points, Settler, Domination, Marathon, Duel, Boreal, Assyria (Ashurbanipal) [BNW]
zenmaster - 3880 BC, Turn 8, 24100 points, Settler, Domination, Marathon, Duel, Great Plains, Huns (Attila) [BNW]

Score:
levealick
- 3900 points, 1360 AD, Turn 196, Deity, Science, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Poland (Casimir III) [BNW]
zenmaster - 2650 points, 2620 BC, Turn 23, Immortal, Domination, Quick, Duel, Pangaea, Venice (Enrico Dandolo) [BNW]
cetti - 3108 points, 1826 AD, Turn 283, Prince, Culture, Standard, Standard, Small Continents, Brazil (Pedro II) [BNW]
zenmaster - 5237 points, 850 BC, Turn 81, Settler, Culture, Standard, Standard, Shuffle, Ethiopia (Haile Selassie) [BNW]

Thanks to @Noble Zarkon and @Denniz for getting the IV and V Hall-of-Fames fixed.

Hopefully, the above post is correct for the update originally processed 2/05/22 (for games submitted during January). Y'all - please look things over, let me know what you see.

Working on a new update, it'll cover a couple of months. If you have current gauntlet games in progress, please let me know so we can figure out how to include them.

Top Bottom