Civilization V Hall-of-Fame Update (for mid-August through November 2022)

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 75 games were accepted since the previous update.
Congratulations to vadalaz for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Prince, Time, Quick, Small, Great Plains Plus, Inca (Pachacuti) [BNW] game for 24032 points.
fiddlesticks was the most active player during this update, submitting 24 games.
Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update
fiddlesticks - 1720 AD, Turn 254, 2940 points, Deity, Culture, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Egypt (Ramesses II) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1394 AD, Turn 592, 3128 points, Deity, Science, Marathon, Huge, Tilted Axis, Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II) [BNW]
zenmaster - 1630 AD, Turn 236, 5689 points, Deity, Science, Standard, Tiny, Great Plains, Egypt (Ramesses II) [BNW]

A number of players earned Gold Medals this update:
Fastest Finish (Date):
fiddlesticks - 1565 AD, Turn 223, 3006 points, King, Diplomacy, Standard, Standard, Archipelago, Carthage (Dido) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 2040 BC, Turn 49, 4222 points, King, Domination, Standard, Tiny, Great Plains, Mongolia (Genghis Khan) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 2880 BC, Turn 28, 4220 points, King, Domination, Standard, Duel, Inland Sea, America (Washington) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1680 AD, Turn 161, 4322 points, King, Diplomacy, Quick, Standard, Continents, Byzantium (Theodora) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1660 AD, Turn 157, 4131 points, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Maya (Pacal) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1630 AD, Turn 153, 3356 points, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Korea (Sejong) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1665 AD, Turn 158, 4174 points, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Egypt (Ramesses II) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1665 AD, Turn 158, 3846 points, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Small Continents, Netherlands (William) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1680 AD, Turn 161, 3189 points, Prince, Diplomacy, Quick, Standard, Terra, Rome (Augustus Caesar) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1675 AD, Turn 160, 3554 points, Prince, Science, Quick, Small, Fractal, Songhai (Askia) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1610 AD, Turn 151, 4880 points, Prince, Science, Quick, Tiny, Pangaea, Shoshone (Pocatello) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1550 AD, Turn 220, 4056 points, Prince, Science, Standard, Standard, Small Continents, Portugal (Maria I) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1545 AD, Turn 219, 5120 points, Prince, Science, Standard, Standard, Highlands, Inca (Pachacuti) [BNW]
MAGA - 1575 AD, Turn 225, 4611 points, Prince, Science, Standard, Small, Terra, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 2920 BC, Turn 18, 2780 points, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Pangaea, Byzantium (Theodora) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 2920 BC, Turn 18, 9040 points, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Great Plains, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 1640 AD, Turn 154, 3078 points, Warlord, Science, Quick, Large, Rainforest, Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 3160 BC, Turn 56, 3500 points, Warlord, Domination, Marathon, Duel, Shuffle, Germany (Bismark) [BNW]
Score:
keg - 6901 points, 1934 AD, Turn 354, Chieftain, Diplomacy, Standard, Standard, Terra, Siam (Ramkhamhaeng) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 4322 points, 1680 AD, Turn 161, King, Diplomacy, Quick, Standard, Continents, Byzantium (Theodora) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 4131 points, 1660 AD, Turn 157, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Maya (Pacal) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 4174 points, 1665 AD, Turn 158, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Egypt (Ramesses II) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 4880 points, 1610 AD, Turn 151, Prince, Science, Quick, Tiny, Pangaea, Shoshone (Pocatello) [BNW]
fiddlesticks - 4056 points, 1550 AD, Turn 220, Prince, Science, Standard, Standard, Small Continents, Portugal (Maria I) [BNW]
MAGA - 4611 points, 1575 AD, Turn 225, Prince, Science, Standard, Small, Terra, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur) [BNW]
keg - 5692 points, 1800 AD, Turn 270, Settler, Culture, Standard, Duel, Continents, Egypt (Ramesses II) [BNW]

I just noticed that two of the games I submitted were excluded rather than published. I remember this happening once before ~2-3 years ago and the games eventually being accepted, so I know there's some sort of "appeals" process, but I can't recall what it was. I still have all the autosaves from the games in question - is there somewhere I can send whichever turns caused the games to be "flagged" in order to get them accepted?

I just noticed that two of the games I submitted were excluded rather than published. I remember this happening once before ~2-3 years ago and the games eventually being accepted, so I know there's some sort of "appeals" process, but I can't recall what it was. I still have all the autosaves from the games in question - is there somewhere I can send whichever turns caused the games to be "flagged" in order to get them accepted?
Sorry, this is my bad. I'm late emailing you (and one or two others) with a couple of questions. I will try to get those emails out yet today.

Sorry, this is my bad. I'm late emailing you (and one or two others) with a couple of questions. I will try to get those emails out yet today.
No worries, I 100% support real life taking precedence over CIV V HOF stuff, lol. Thanks for all the effort you put into it, though! It's been such a fun little distraction over the years, and I know how much work goes on behind the scenes to make it possible.

btw, on a totally unrelated note: Holy cow, @fiddlesticks! Do you stream? If not, have you considered it? I'd totally watch some of your games to get insight into how you go about crushing it so hard. I occasionally make a few sub-optimal plays (from the perspective of trying to get the fastest finish time possible) in order to make the games more fun for myself, but even if I 100% focused on fastest finish, I'm highly confident I could never approach some of your games. Keep on killing it! :thumbsup::worship:

Thank you very much @MAGA . I do not do stream though, I just play on an old laptop. I mainly focus on the science fundamentals: building up population and hitting the milestone techs and policies as quickly as possible. Land plays a big part such as for observatory cities, jungle tiles for 3 science trading posts. I'm still learning lots of little tricks at different difficulty levels. For example, in one recent game at king or prince I figured it was better to leave a few jungle luxury tiles undeveloped because the food and science was better value than trading (AI's often don't have the cash to pay 7 gpt at those levels, and even if they do you can often get it by bullying them anyway). Another strategy that has worked a few times is settling on marble and rushing the Great Library, Oracle and National Epic to get a very early great scientist academy while scrounging cash to buy a settler or two. I've started using great writers earlier now too. I used to save them too long waiting for the industrial era or the world fair.
I look at some of the finish times from @vadalaz with amazement myself and realize there are still many improvements I could make, though I agree with you that some optimization strategies detract from the fun of playing and so are not worth it. Demanding tributes is one area I should probably work more on. Thank you again for your kind reply :)

Top Bottom