Civilization V has been nominated for Best PC Game by the Spike VGA Awards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, its the same AI using different mechanics. 1upt for instance highlights the poor UI, which is a fault of the AI and not 1upt. This AI is no more ******ed than Civ IV's was.

If it is the same they should have re-done it / corrected it / tested it / polished it etc...

Before launching the game...

wither it does not excuse all the other issues / BUGS the game has...
I dont even talk about balance, first they should fix the BUGS then we can talk about balance....

^this. sad truth...
The real truth is that this garbage is constantly used as a pathetic "argument", proved wrong, and still reused later by the same few people.
Aiming for "repeat a lie enough and it will be seen as truth" I suppose ?

Even if my favorite team played badly I'd still like it to win. Some people here are not true fanatics, it seems. :D

I'd love to see that proof... :lol:

I am so tired of zealots who despite of all the BUGS / PROBLEMS the game have keep saying :

"wow, good job, please just launch an expantion... I will buy it...
the game will be fixed in the next patches ... "

good for you, I BUY ALL OF MY GAMES I AM STEAM USER, STARDOCK USER for a few years now, and gess what : never been so much upset after spending 60 € on game...

THIS GAME HAS MORE BUGS AND MORE PROBLEMS THAN ALL THE OTHER GAMES ALL TOGETHER!!!

And guess, yeay i am a programmer and a good one too, so i know the process of building software, i have been a programmer for the last 15 years, and yes i do enjoy programming.

I DONT WANT TO BUY AN APPLICATION AND THEN NEED TO MOD-IT TO HAVE A GAME.

OR MAYBE SHOULD I SEND MY PRICES TO THE GAME PUBLISHER??? :lol:

Even if my favorite team played badly I'd still like it to win. Some people here are not true fanatics, it seems. :D

There's a difference between a fanatic and a fanboy. ;)

Some of the folks here must be getting spinal problems from bending over backwards all the time. But hey, apologists have their place; at least 2K Games can count on them for a guaranteed revenue stream if nothing else. :lol:

There's a difference between a fanatic and a fanboy. ;)

Actually, no, there's not. Fan is short for fanatic, its just lost its relative meaning over the years. A 'fanboy' would be another word for fanatic, just like "fan". The 'boy' part was added on as a derogatory insult by people that can't bear the thought of someone else liking what they don't like.

Crap like this is why its hard to take you seriously.

No its not crap, your just a fanatic zealot who have choosen a flag and follows that flag for good or wrong.

I have ALL ORIGINAL CIV, ALL EXPANTIONS etc...

AND THIS GAME IS BY FAR THE CRAPIEST....

AND YES YOU ARE A ZEALOT, MAYBE YOU ARE ONE OF THE GUYS WHO PROGRAMMED THE AI :lol:

I don't think people wanted a Civ 4 reskin.

People wanted a new Civ, with new mechanics, better graphics, better performance, etc.

I think Civ 5 failed to improve the previous release. Graphics are just OK, performance is poor (long waiting and lots of bugs). The new game mechanics are just good ideas poorly developed: City State quests and bribing, numberless diplomacy, implementation of 1upt with a mediocre Al... Never played Civ 4 multiplayer, but seems that Civ 5 hasn't improved this either. Plus, important balance issues (overpowered scientists and Great scientists, most buildings not worth bulding), resulting in a very easy to master game.

In conclusion, although I'm still enjoying Civ 5 a lot, it has some of the most serious problems a strategy game can have. So in retrospective, I would definitely preferer a Civ 4 with updated graphics, optimized multicore support, good multiplayer and a few new imoprovements (hexes, limited strategic resources, religion and espionage), rather than the actual Civ 5. But I didn't want that two months ago.

I'm quite happy to see CIV V get some of the recognition it deserves, Fraxis has again made an excellent game and I hope this win this award.

Too bad there are too many haters on these boards still, I'd guess they would have moved on to a game they actually enjoy playing by now.

I can understand that some are not happy with the direction of the game, but I don't see how they find it "unplayable". LOTS of people are playing this game every day.

I think it's also interesting to note that all of the nominated games are sequels. If I was a betting man, I'd pick SC2 to win. But I'd personally prefer to see Civ 5 win. (yes I have all of these games, but half are for the 360).

Too bad there are too many haters on these boards still

I agree, it's really disappointing. I hoped they'd have moved on as well, but they're still here, and still yelling at anyone who doesn't conform to their rabid adoration of Civ5. :(

I agree, it's really disappointing. I hoped they'd have moved on as well, but they're still here, and still yelling at anyone who doesn't conform to their rabid adoration of Civ5. :(

I see what you did there.

Could it be that some people actually like Civ V straight out of the box? There are some, including me, that really like this game. Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to add ons and changes, but I spend a lot of my free weekend time doing nothing but playing Civ V.

I really enjoy this game. :)

I hope it wins.

Not so much because I think it deserves it, but because it will result in the whine thread to end all whine threads.

I wouldn't bet on that. All it will do is result in people discrediting VGA as a legitimate awards show.

I'd love to see that proof... :lol:
Correction : you've still to bother to see it. Because it was presented to you countless times, but you simply ignored it. It's precisely the very behaviour I've described in my previous message : people repeating falsehood ad nauseam, simply ignoring whatever prove them wrong, and seemingly hoping that enough repetition will convince others they are righ.

The Creationists of Civ5 forums, kinda.

No its not crap, your just a fanatic zealot who have choosen a flag and follows that flag for good or wrong.

I have ALL ORIGINAL CIV, ALL EXPANTIONS etc...

AND THIS GAME IS BY FAR THE CRAPIEST....

AND YES YOU ARE A ZEALOT, MAYBE YOU ARE ONE OF THE GUYS WHO PROGRAMMED THE AI :lol:

DON'T OVERUSE CAPITAL LETTERS! (Am I "degenerating" the thread?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom