Civilization V is #8 on CelJaded's Top 100 Best Video Games List

CelJaded

DENOUNCING!
Greetings, all.

I've been playing Civilization since the third game in the series (although I'm only properly experienced with Civ V) and since then I've made my own blog where I've today finished a list of my personal top 100 best video games.

As you might have guessed, Civilization V has made it in at #8! I registered here to share this because I thought many of you might appreciate a read of this little retrospective that has a few thoughts on what makes the game so unique and addictive.

If you'd like to check out the article then you can find it here: http://www.celjaded.com/celjaded-top-100-best-video-games-8/

Thank you all for keeping the spirit of these great games alive for so many years and helping Civilization V make my top 10! I don't doubt for a second that I'd have no chance playing at Immortal/Deity level without the valuable tips and strategies that are posted here on a weekly basis!

Hope you enjoy the read.

It's hard to remember decades worth of gaming, but I have to believe Civ V is at the top of my list. It's just so replayable with so much depth. The more you learn the better it seems to get.

That means civ 5 is still in the top 10 even when all the new games have come out.

It's hard to rank games because I've played them through different phases in my life. Games that I liked a decade ago I can't sit through now. For instance, I'm far too busy in my life to truly enjoy an MMO.

It's a curious thing isn't it? For all the anger and frustration that's commonly expressed over Civ V's direction, people still can't stop playing it!

One of the most important things that I try to convey on my blog though is that finding faults with a video game is not purely a negative thing, but rather a key part in truly appreciating it; acknowledging everything that makes that game what it is, whether it's the good or the bad.

600+ hours can't be wrong either, right? :p

It's a curious thing isn't it? For all the anger and frustration that's commonly expressed over Civ V's direction, people still can't stop playing it!

One of the most important things that I try to convey on my blog though is that finding faults with a video game is not purely a negative thing, but rather a key part in truly appreciating it; acknowledging everything that makes that game what it is, whether it's the good or the bad.

600+ hours can't be wrong either, right? :p

I think for the most part the game is good, the only faults it's buggy unoptimized engine, some questionable mechanics (namely Espionage and Diplomacy), as well as the lack of Multiplayer support for mods.

Top Bottom