Civilization V Upcoming Patch Details Updated

I dont understand why everyone keeps complaining about the ICS and Maritime food
Uhh, because they're horribly unbalanced? Because the game doesn't perform well as a strategy game if there is a single obviously optimal strategy?

I like Civ5, but these are balance no-brainers that need to be fixed.

6. Get rid of auto embarking. This is the dumbest thing in this entire game. So a unit can "walk" on water? It reminds me of Call to Power when they had amphibious tanks as a future tech.

That is a good change. I don't understand people who still rant about "walking on water". Seriously? Why, why is it bad? Why is it unrealistic? Do you not grasp the scale of the damn game? It's not third person shooter or something FFS where you control one guy who then transforms into a boat... JESUS WEED SMOKING CHRIST!!!

That is a good change. I don't understand people who still rant about "walking on water". Seriously? Why, why is it bad? Why is it unrealistic? Do you not grasp the scale of the damn game? It's not third person shooter or something FFS where you control one guy who then transforms into a boat... JESUS WEED SMOKING CHRIST!!!

Yeah I love auto embarking. It is stupid having to have a transport always. I am so glad they got away from that system.

How does one get a refund for CiV? The product when sold was 'not as described' and even after this patch is a long way from being something worth paying for. These very deep patches clearly indicate the game was released in an unsaleable state. As someone has remarked CiV is now coming out of beta; how true is that... There are so many issues still to be addressed; my whole Civilization experience has been ruined by this piece of amateurish cobbling together of some potentially brilliant concepts and ideas.

Come on Firaxis you have such a LONG way to go to make this game worth the money and match the hype. Own up that you sold everyone a pig. Own up to us and then give us your road map (can be 2 years if you like) to completing the proper programming of the game.

Look forward to this map.

How does one get a refund for CiV? The product when sold was 'not as described' and even after this patch is a long way from being something worth paying for. These very deep patches clearly indicate the game was released in an unsaleable state. As someone has remarked CiV is now coming out of beta; how true is that... There are so many issues still to be addressed; my whole Civilization experience has been ruined by this piece of amateurish cobbling together of some potentially brilliant concepts and ideas.

Come on Firaxis you have such a LONG way to go to make this game worth the money and match the hype. Own up that you sold everyone a pig. Own up to us and then give us your road map (can be 2 years if you like) to completing the proper programming of the game.

Look forward to this map.

Over react much?

Great now is it gonna be possible to trade 1 luxury for 1 luxury again? Surpluses!

And how about removing the cheat happiness that AI gets for free Shafer!

And free unit support that they get just for being Ais.!

Are they fixing the exploit that let's you trade per-turn things for a lump of gold (and then declare war, cancelling all the per-turn trades)

I agree with those who have stated that we need technical fixes, just to be able to complete a game, before we need substantive changes. My (2 month old) laptop still freezes up at least once and usually twice or more in every session (but not much more because I give up in disgust after two or three freezes). I've got the graphics turned way down and an i5 processor and 4G of RAM ought to be able to handle the game. Anybody else running 64-bit Win7? I'm wondering if that's part of the problem (like with Flash, which is not available yet for the 64-bit system.) Although I was able to change civs once, I'm now stuck with Darius and have not been able to access the screen to change civs without the game freezing up. Is there any mention of work to fix these bugs in this or other updates? Is there any way I can help address the problems? It really ruins the game to have it freeze up in every session.

Sorry to still be griping but the game doesn't play. :mad:

I'm so excited about the new patch. It will definitly improve the multiplayer side of the game. I love the great robot of death ! I love 2kGreg!

Happy for to see the AI/diplomacy improvements especially the improvements for non-pangaea maps. But no mention of better AI invasions across the ocean?

Over react much?

Yes, possibly an over reaction BUT.... How poor is it to launch a game with so much having to be patched so quickly? What seems to me that is being patched is the very basic stuff. Just one example, they give you Babylon and it won't save. I mean what sort of testing can there have been done? Must have been minimal at best and seems like none at all; it is really poor. It is just so plainly amateurish.

I guess that when it comes to Civ6 people simply will not rush to buy it. I mean why bother when the game most likely won't meet expectations.

If people don't care at all about such poor product management that's fine; but in the end we will reap what we have sown. If we sow indifference to product quality then we will be given crap to buy.

So, you may consider this over reaction, I am simply pleading for quality above all else.

It's a good change if they are going to make Napoleon focus more on culture, but I've been thinking they also need to make Alexander focus more on allying himself with city states instead of gobbling them up. He has the best UA for CS, (though Siam is good as well) and yet in the last several games where he's been my neighbour, he's puppeted all the CS around him. Doesn't make much sense ... maybe they can patch him to be friends with CS, and protect them, going for a diplo victory, which is the obvious path for me when I play him.

Are they fixing the exploit that let's you trade per-turn things for a lump of gold (and then declare war, cancelling all the per-turn trades)

How could that be fixed? Not allowed to DoW against anybody who has a contract with you? Somehow losing the money you have got if you do that? Neither of them sounds good. :sad:

I agree with those who have stated that we need technical fixes, just to be able to complete a game, before we need substantive changes. My (2 month old) laptop still freezes up at least once and usually twice or more in every session (but not much more because I give up in disgust after two or three freezes). I've got the graphics turned way down and an i5 processor and 4G of RAM ought to be able to handle the game. Anybody else running 64-bit Win7? I'm wondering if that's part of the problem (like with Flash, which is not available yet for the 64-bit system.)

I'm running it with i5, 4 gigs and 64-bit win7, and it works decent. Crashes sometimes, but quite rarely.

How could that be fixed? Not allowed to DoW against anybody who has a contract with you? Somehow losing the money you have got if you do that? Neither of them sounds good. :sad:

Its quite simple... you trade 30 turns worth of marbles for 200 gold, but the goods are all shipped upon reciept of cash. In order for your civ to once again have enough marbles to keep people happy every turn, it will take you 30 turns to make up the loss in your inventories. Meanwhile, the civ who sent you their gold has the shipment of marbles, an inventory that will suffice to satisfy their people for 30 turns.

Contracts in real life can be made to work this way.

In game terms, you simply do not cancel the deal until it expries in 30 turns, even if either party is eliminated. A small tweak to create balance and prevent abuse.

Uhh, because they're horribly unbalanced? Because the game doesn't perform well as a strategy game if there is a single obviously optimal strategy?

I like Civ5, but these are balance no-brainers that need to be fixed.

Way to take my post out of context. I do agree that it's unbalanced on default settings.

I dont understand why everyone keeps complaining about the ICS and Maritime food. Just change the settings. I play on a Large map with 22 AI (using mods) and 5-7 city states. You may get 1 or 2 maritime ones. The default for city states is 20!! If you just lower the city states and increase the AI the game becomes very balanced. You actually have to compete to be allies with a city state. It's usually too crowded to do ICS unless you use a horseman rush or something (but that's the combat AI...a different topic). Give it a try you might have fun with it...

Way to take my post out of context. I do agree that it's unbalanced on default settings.

I'm not sure that reducing the number of CSs solves this problem. If there are only few of them, they give even bigger boost (relatively) for those civilizations who are lucky to get one. Of course, reducing number to zero would solve the problem, but then there are even less to do in a game. Crowded map would make a small empire more competitive, but only if you play a peaceful game. Play a war game and ICS is even more powerful in crowded map.

Top Bottom