Civilization V Voice Chat

nzk13

Some Jew-boy on Noble.
I'm sorry if this should go in the Multiplayer thread, but does Civ V support Voice Chat (and, unlike Civ IV, it actually works)?

Steam has voice chat. Simply open the steam overlay in game (shift + tab) and then start a conversation with a steam friend, there is a voice chat button in the window.

Steam has voice chat. Simply open the steam overlay in game (shift + tab) and then start a conversation with a steam friend, there is a voice chat button in the window.

Ok. 2 questions then:
1. Does steam support cross-game voice chat?
2. Is there any way to just automatically voice chat with other people in your multi-game who are not on your friends list?

Thank you for your time.

1. If you have a voice chat running with a friend, it doesn't matter if you are both playing different games to each other.

2. I don't know - I haven't played Civ V online. However, I don't think there is a way to voice chat with others that are just in your multi game unless you add them as friends.

There is however, a group voice chat feature where you can join a chatroom for a group you are in (say you create a Steam group for your clan), the rest of your clan can all join this chatroom (assuming they are members of the steam group) and then click "voice chat" to have a group voice chat. This is similar to ventrilo etc.

There isn't even a chat room to discuss with players on what maps, scenario, and other things like we had in CIV and CIII. Quite annoying to always have to join in a gaming set up session to find out what the game will be, and how many players will even play.

Top Bottom