Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

Treasure Fleets?

Still nope... :p

Here's something to help you:
CLUE #3: Not Zulu!
You might need some knowledge of what was going on before Brave New World to understand this one... ;)
In any case, I've already given half of it's name in one of the clues... :mischief:

Next and last clue in two guesses! :D

Nothing that Major, I'm afraid! :)

I guess I better expand the third clue, otherwise it means little:
CLUE #3 1/2: Not Zulu! It's closer to Indonesian, but it's neither!

EDIT: I will have to step away for some time, so I'm sorry if I miss my timing with the last clue... No worries though, I will let one more guess after I reveal the last clue, even if the ten guesses are up...

Antananarivo? I'm really confused here...

Bingo! :D

For the first two clues, I'll let Civilopedia do the explaining:
Civilopedia said:
It served as the seat of the Hova chieftains, having been founded c. 1625 AD; it took its name, "City of the Thousand," from the number of soldiers reputed to guard it. Between 1689 and 1725, Madagascar was a pirate haven, and the capital city grew rich on booty and plunder paid for shelter and protection.

The third clue, however, has to do with how, before BNW was released, Antananarivo was revealed: in a screenshot, belonging to The Zulus. There was some back and forth whether Firaxis had made it a city in The Zulu's city-list, or The Zulus had conquered it. There were a few saying it couldn't possibily belong to The Zulu's city-list, as it even made more sense as an Indonesian city than a Zulu city. But it was quickly settled that Antananarivo was, most probably, a City-State (which is correct, as we know right now)

So +1 to Viregel! :D

Krakatoa? It technically is/was (depending on if you still consider it to exist, now that it's been blown up for over a century!) in Indonesia, but I don't think the Majahapit [probably misspelled that] Empire, which is basically the Indonesia represented in Civ 5, owned territory near it, so it'd be between Indonesia and Zulu-owned territory. Not sure what the deal is with the Pirates, but if you take half of "Firaxis" you get "Fire", which of course is part of the in-game animation of Krakatoa.
EDIT: Posted the clue, then saw the answer had already been hit upon. I'm an idiot.

I was thinking of that debate at that point. Anyway, I probably won't get back to the forums until tomorrow, so here's my first clue (that has only taken about two weeks to think of) :

Clue 1: My namesake!

(Hopefully this isn't too easy...)

Edit: To clarify, "My" referrers to me. Put in something about modesty here.

Top Bottom