Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

Nine guesses down, one more!!!

CLUE #5: I actually don't give all the bonuses that the one I replace does. One of them I don't give, but instead I give a different one!

EDIT: One more guess was up before I could post this... Let's allow a 11th guess then! :D

Umm... Longhouse?

YES! :lol: The Longhouse indeed!
That was harder than I was expecting... :crazyeye: Oops!

CLUE #1: My people are named after me
Civilopedia said:
In fact, the Iroquois call themselves "Hodenosaunee," which translates into "People of the Longhouse."
Taken from the Longhouse's Civilopedia page

CLUE #2: Some don't like my people, and call them by another name...
Civilopedia said:
The term "Iroquois" was used by non-Iroquois. Its original meaning is unclear, but it may be a bastardization of a Huron word meaning "snake." (The Hurons and the Iroquois did not much like each other.) Alternatively, it might be a corruption of a Basque (Spanish/French ethnic group) term meaning, "killer people." (The French didn't much like the Confederacy either.)
Taken from The Iroquois' Civilopedia page

CLUE #3: Regrettably, my people are known in-game by this last name...
Needless is to say, the civilization is named "The Iroquois" and not "The Hodenosaunee". Firaxis apologizes for this, though:
Civilopedia said:
With apologies to the Haudenosaunee we will use the more common term, "Iroquois," because few non-natives would recognize Haudenosaunee - and because Haudenosaunee is too long to fit on the game screen.
Taken from The Iroquois' Civilopedia page

CLUE #4: I'm efficient! I don't need as many resources...
Civilopedia said:
onghouses are efficient structures, cheaper to construct and heat than individual dwellings, thus requiring fewer natural resources than other types of homes.
Taken from the Longhouse's Civilopedia page
Also, The Longhouse only costs 100 :c5production:, while the Workshop which it replaces costs 120 :c5production:

CLUE #5: I actually don't give all the bonuses that the one I replace does. One of them I don't give, but instead I give a different one!
Unlike the Workshop, the Longhouse gives you +1 :c5production: for every worked forest tile, but does not give you +10% :c5production:

I suppose that's mostly because until the clue #5 nobody thought that could be something else than a leader. ;)
Clue 1: They can refuse to trade me if they want to, but what good is that for me?

I suppose that's mostly because until the clue #5 nobody thought that could be something else than a leader. ;)
Clue 1: They can refuse to trade me if they want to, but what good is that for me?

Yeah, I should have put a big glowing sign "I am not a leader"! :lol:
The whole name thing could be one clue or two, and I could reach the obvious clues faster, but oh well, it's done! :p

Anyway - A city. You are able to trade cities, but it is usually refused. This means that the only way to get an enemy's city is through conquest - which is not really good for the city! :D

No to all, but I think it is going somewhere.
Clue 1: They can forbid to trade us if they want to, but what good is that for us?
Clue 2: Though the way they treat us doesn't benefit them either - we should all be :yuck: of it!
I also clarified the first clue as a bonus, I suppose "refuse" might not have been the right word to use (sorry!). Plural form is probably more appropriate as well. It may become really easy now. :)

Clue 1: Apparently, Jodie & Aiden went through my lands

Hint: If you've played or seen Beyond Two Souls, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Top Bottom