Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

It's Petra, Indiana Jones.

And no, it's not the obvious one (you really think I'd use the quote of a wonder as the first clue?)

Come on, give me a bit more credit than that.

Clue 1: Who drinks the water I shall give him, says the Lord, will have a spring inside him welling up for eternal life. Let them bring me to your holy mountain in the place where you dwell. Across the desert and through the mountain to the Canyon of the Crescent Moon, to the Temple where the cup that holds the blood of Jesus Christ resides forever.
Clue 2: Hey, you can't steal that! We already did!

I'm trying to think of what else it could be from The Last Crusade if it's not Petra... Maybe Holy Warriors?

Ah, new clue posted :).

Hmmm, what do they steal? A Triplane?

Still no... think about the plot more than the franchise for the first clue (And it's only the first clue that is Indy-related.) Hopefully there are some Simpsons aficionados here for the third clue, if so that'll give it away

Clue 1: Who drinks the water I shall give him, says the Lord, will have a spring inside him welling up for eternal life. Let them bring me to your holy mountain in the place where you dwell. Across the desert and through the mountain to the Canyon of the Crescent Moon, to the Temple where the cup that holds the blood of Jesus Christ resides forever.
Clue 3: When a wife looks like that and her husband's so fat, that's immoral. When she kisses that jerk while I do all the work, that's im...

:goodjob:

In The Last Crusade, Indy first travels to Venice to meet up with a colleague of his Father's, where they discover clues to the location of the holy grail (and have a good ol' fashioned boat chase)

This doesn't refer to Indy, but rather the Horses of Saint Mark, which were originally from Constantinople and stolen by Venice after the Sack of Constantinople. Napoleon then in turn stole them from Venice in 1797, but they were returned in 1815 (hence the 'you can't steal that!')

Clue 3: When a wife looks like that and her husband's so fat, that's immoral. When she kisses that jerk while I do all the work, that's im...
This is a reference to the scene at the end of the Simpsons episode The Italian Bob, where Marge and Homer are enjoying a gondola ride through Venice and the gondolier is singing the clue to the tune of That's Amore

Hahaha, great round. Clue 2 wasn't ever being figured out by any of us :). Super obscure. I did learn something, though.

:goodjob:

In The Last Crusade, Indy first travels to Venice to meet up with a colleague of his Father's, where they discover clues to the location of the holy grail (and have a good ol' fashioned boat chase)

This doesn't refer to Indy, but rather the Horses of Saint Mark, which were originally from Constantinople and stolen by Venice after the Sack of Constantinople. Napoleon then in turn stole them from Venice in 1797, but they were returned in 1815 (hence the 'you can't steal that!')

This is a reference to the scene at the end of the Simpsons episode The Italian Bob, where Marge and Homer are enjoying a gondola ride through Venice and the gondolier is singing the clue to the tune of That's Amore

Whoa

On #2 clue, I was thinking Merchant of Venice and how they can steal city-states, although I just read about that bronze horses on my brother's AP World History book.

Googled #3 and that tipped me off to Venice.

Top Bottom