no takers? Alright

clue 1 - We can be free for some, and nearly inaccessible for others
clue 2 - We might not be liked much, but we do what we're asked to
clue 3 - Technically, we are not real military
clue 4 - Kiefer Sutherland :)
clue 5 - and he was, under a virus, taking orders from THE BAD
clue 6 - We keep the party going!

Could it possibly be Musketeer?

Nice. I was away from the thread for a bit. Lucked out with seeing the party clue. Not sure how hard this will be, but here goes.

1. Described in a song sung by Scott Stapp.

clue 1 - We can be free for some, and nearly inaccessible for others - refers to them being an upgrade from a free Foreign Legion, and otherwise only accessible via militaristic city state

clue 2 - We might not be liked much, but we do what we're asked to - refers to players commonly complaining about their usefulness as they show up quite late in a standard game

clue 3 - Technically, we are not real military - not professional soldiers

clue 4 - Kiefer Sutherland :) - he's the new voice of Snake, symbol of the unit

clue 5 - and he was, under a virus, taking orders from THE BAD - this is also Snake, but Snake Plissken (sp?) and in the cult classic Escape from New York, he was taking orders from a character played by the late Lee van Cleef, most famously known as The Bad in the film Good, Bad and Ugly

clue 6 - We keep the party going! - I think that was maybe too obvious

As for this, the only Creed song I know is "my sacrifice" so, eerm, Guided Missile? :lol:

Who is Snake? Is this some TV thing?

Pracinhas were actually professional soldiers. It was an affectionate nickname for "soldier with little formal education".

Also, damnit, that was so weird.

I don't even know who Scott Stapp is, so I'm going to take a random fling and say Industrialization.

All I know is he's a Christian, so....Great Prophet?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any Creed songs that would refer to anything in Civ 5, so I'll guess Police Station (My Own Prison)

As for this, the only Creed song I know is "my sacrifice" so, eerm, Guided Missile? :lol:

Thank you for the mental image of listening to that song while launching a couple dozen guided missiles. "I just want to say hello again."

Funny, but not correct I'm afraid.

1. Described in a song sung by Scott Stapp.

2. The song in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcfTpHa0nOw

(I'm not focused on the theme of the song here, just the lyrics).

Top Bottom