Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

I would say "nau", but it is not the oldest maritime unit (unless it was upgraded from a trireme).

I'm going to take that as a guess Sabrina, no, it's not nau. Or a Merchant of Venice. Three guesses remain.

I'm going to take that as a guess Sabrina, no, it's not nau. Or a Merchant of Venice. Three guesses remain.

yes it was a guess... Sorry, my brain is still slow after winning the game last Sunday... I was aiming for a SV but ended up winning diplomatically after getting all of Morocco's gold in a peace treaty. Anyway, back to the guessing, that was my only idea at the moment, but I'm curious :)

I guess sea beggar

Nope! Third clue incoming.

First clue was: Although I am the oldest in real life, I am the youngest in Civ, eager to learn from my older siblings.

Second clue was: I can give you something expensive, just this once.

Third clue: My marketing tagline would be: "Come for the fast learning. Stay for the foreign book collection."

Another good one, Vaino. I'm stumped this time, though. That "eager to learn from my older siblings" has thrown every one of my guesses out the window. I am guessless for now. Hoping Sabrina nailed it.

Sabrina didn't nail it, but that's the closest guess so far! One remaining.

It's not the Great Library, but something fairly similar: Oxford University.

- it's the oldest University in the English-speaking world, yet it is the youngest in the game because you have to build universities in all your non-puppets to get it.
- these other universities are the metaphorical "siblings", and "learning from them" is a clue that we're talking about something related to education.
- the "something expensive" is a free tech, which often means the most expensive one available. This bonus is a one-time benefit, hence "just this once".
- the "fast learning" is, again, the free tech, and the foreign book collection references Oxford's theming bonus requiring the Great Works of writing to be of foreign origin.

I swear I thought this one would've been easier!

Nooooo!!! Lol. I'm bummed because I was seriously deciding between the Great Library and Oxford. I thought "Nahhh, it can't be Oxford because there are older ones in real life," but I didn't take into account "the English-speaking world" or, more importantly, the fact that it's in the game and the older ones are not. I actually googled "Oxford's foreign book collection" before posting Great Library, too! Dang!

Nice one, anyway. Someone else go?

At least I'm not going in again for a while, other people should be allowed to come up with riddles too!

Alright, well since you're still around, I may as well give you something to guess. I'm currently glued to the boards anyway. This should be easy (we always say that).

First Clue: At first, I was the eighth, but then I became first. You can just think of me as the great, hairy, dignified one.

Lol. You should get a point (or a cookie) for most specific guess yet. But no, it is not Harald doing anything on any map. His Great Hairiness aside.

Augustus Caesar, I guess. The first Roman Emperor, and "the eighth" must be a reference to his "civilian" name, Gaius Octavius, octavus being Latin for "eighth". I have no idea about his hairiness, though!

Top Bottom