Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

Oh, sorry. I don't have the Denmark DLC so I was totally unaware of this.

Vaino wouldn't have Reykjavik since they're not a city-state per below and he doesn't have the Denmark DLC. So the correct answer in his game would indeed be Helsinki. So Hyperion would get it then, we can agree?

Copied from http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/City-state_(Civ5)
"Pre-ExpansionEdit
Sydney replaced Copenhagen as a City-State a day after the Denmark DLC pack was released. Quebec City replaced Oslo as a City-State as well.
Kathmandu replaced Seoul as a City-State when the Korea DLC pack was released, the same day the August 2011 patch was released.

Gods & KingsEdit
Dublin, Edinburgh, Helsinki, Stockholm and Vienna were removed as City-States and became individual cities of a few new civilizations (The Celts, Sweden and Austria)."

oh, i'm sorry, i forgot to check back on this thread and tell you that i will pass on posting the next riddle. feel free to go

I am a luxury that can help a civilization in at least eight distinct ways.

Not a trick question, exactly, but requires a precise answer. The answer requires at least three words. A partial answer will not get full credit

Not all eight are unique to this luxury. Many are ways that all luxes help civs. But I think this is the maximum number of ways a lux can help a civ. If you can spell out more, you win on that count.

Marble. I could think of nine ways it helps the empire:

1. happiness from connecting the luxury, as usual
2. can be traded to another civ for profit, like any luxury
3. added gold yield for the tile
4. allows constructing stone works for +1 happiness
5.+1 production for tile yield (from stone works)
6. +2 faith for tile yield (from stone circles)
7. +1 production for tile yield (from Order tenet Five-year Plan)
8. +1 production for tile yield (from Chemistry)
9. +15% production of ancient/classical wonders in nearby city

Although I'm not sure if you consider all of these distinct enough.

My count doesn't have your 4 & 5 or your 7 & 8 as distinct. And it should be in a particular turn. So 1 & 2 are alternatives. I'll keep the puzzle going.

marble on desert (with Petra)? in addition to what Vaino said, i can only think of extra tile yields through Petra, desert folklore and the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus and extra trade route gold because of resource diversity. and 1&2 can be distinct and on the same turn if "a civilization" is the Dutch or the Arabs.

"Dutch" gets the part I wanted to be tricky.

But I also wanted We love king and CS influence among my distinct way.

Messy clue. Sorry. Still, I'll give the win to Hyperion, rather than wade deeper into what count as "distinct ways".

i could try to think of a new riddle tomorrow, but right now i have to go to bed. if anyone wants to go ahead, just do it

Top Bottom