Civilization V with improve "one more turn" factor

franlato

Warlord
I've tried the Call to power project mod. Now, I know that there's a forum just for that but I wanted to point out that more and more there's very very good mods.

Call to power project change the game without taking out the good things. It lack only a little bit of balance and art and it would be the perfect expansion. I hope that the guys at firaxis take inspiration from such mods.

I just played 9 hours in a row, that's the first time that i'm that much hooked by a game of civ 5. The AI is not much more bright but the way the mod is done you kind of see it less, it feels more like previous civs AI because the way the game flow is design. I like civ better when it goes for role playing AI instead of them trying to win. It seem both a more simple approach and a more efficient one.

I wrote this post to lighten up the tone a little bit. Maybe that some of you who seek to take out as much as possible from their investment would gain to give a try at some user made content. That's the good thing about civ, it seems like firaxis is taking more and more risk with this franchise, trying totaly new things each time, but for the one who like a more old fashioned "civing" there's some pretty good things out there.

I usually support people being a little optimistic about anything and everything, and I don't like the gloomy picture on these forums but ... I installed Thal's balance mods, and the game was different, but not much more fun. The AI is unfixable by mods, and for me that's the most important thing. If we at least had multiplayer.

I don't know when/if we should get tired of whining, I know I certainly am.

There's an easy solution though, some Paradox games are really fun and have good AI, and Civ4 still rocks.

Top Bottom