Civilization VI Coming to Nintendo Switch November 16

But the question is : will Civfanatics have a subforum section for Nintendo Switch? After all, there are Mac and iPad/iPhone subforums.

Already do, but it's hidden at this point. We've held off activating that forum (and moving this thread, which is the only Switch-specific thread so far, into that new forum) until there's a critical mass of Switch-related threads (or the release date, whichever is earlier).

Going to double-dip and snag a copy. Being able to play in any room of the house will be a huge boon. Even though I'll miss the R&F content (which I'm sure will be released anyways), I'll be happy settling on foreign contents without having to worry about loyalty.

Already do, but it's hidden at this point. We've held off activating that forum (and moving this thread, which is the only Switch-specific thread so far, into that new forum) until there's a critical mass of Switch-related threads (or the release date, whichever is earlier).
Thank you for the quick answer. Much appreciated!

Great ! 2K Games seems to really promote this version of Civ VI. Even more so than the iPhone one. I went to EB Games yesterday and reserved a copy. The clerk told me : "Thank you so much for breaking the monotony of people coming in for Red Dead Redemption 2". I replied back : if it ain't on the Switch, I'm not interested.

I mean, Civ on the go? I would totally buy it, if someone gifts me a switch first! :lol:

I mean, Civ on the go? I would totally buy it, if someone gifts me a switch first! :lol:
I mean Black Friday is closing in. Switch is probably getting cheap.

Preordered mine, 40€\$ sure is still some money, but this looks super promising version.

Do we know of any plans of 2k to release R&F to switch? I really would like to support CIV6 on switch but as i'm playing R&F on pc since release I can't imagine goig back to playing without it...

I would be very surprised if R&F didn't find its way to the Switch, especially after Nintendo just announced that it will be focusing more on DLC for games (that may have only been first party titles though...).

Do we know of any plans of 2k to release R&F to switch?

I dont think anyone knows it for sure, but its really likely it will be on Switch later on, unless the game flops. And the game wont flop, demand is high enough as there isnt much games like Civ on Switch yet. Cities Skylines being probavly closest competition.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll probably pass then and wait for an announcement of R&F, really hoping the game won't flop. If it runs comparable to Cities Skylines, all will be good.
I bought Skylines a few weeks ago and even with a city of 100.000 inhabitants it performs really good. Ofc the grafics are downgraded a lot in comparison to PC but it's still very enjoyable and fun building a city while travelling on train.

So I want to get this even though my wife thinks I'm ridiculous since I already own it for my PC. But the idea of having the option to play Civ on the go or in any room I want is just too tempting. But does anyone have any thoughts on when it might get the expansion pack(s)? I'll probably wait on that before buying it. Going to be too hard to go back in time to play Civ VI vanilla.

Top Bottom