Civilization VI Digital Deluxe

Sir Prizing

Chieftain
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering what the Digital Deluxe edition on sale on Steam is and how it is different from the Non-Digital Deluxe version. Would it be worth it getting the Digital Deluxe?

Thank you all.

Digital Deluxe editions gets you the base game + 25th anniversary digital soundtrack and 4 bundled DLC season pass

The current DLC content is unknown. And the digital soundtrack is probably worth it if Civ5 and 4's soundtrack is any indication.

You also get 40% off steam controller purchase for pre-ordering.

To me, the bundled deal right now isn't very appealing though having regretted not getting Civ3 collector's edition and Civ5 collector's edition. I will probably end up with the digital deluxe edition if I like what I see in the coming months abd there are no other collector's editions announced.

I think they mentioned vaguely "new civilizations, scenarios and maps" so I bet it's like in Civ V, a dlc has 1-2 leaders and a scenario for them to fight.

As Ed Beach is a huge 30 years war/renaissance fan I'd bet that sort of scenario with key players Austria and Sweden..

For comparison, here was the DLC for Civ V introduced while in Vanilla (not including Mongols since that was free)

1. Babylon (was in Deluxe)
2. Spain - Inca two pack + two scenarios
3. Polynesia + scenario
4. Korea + 3 Wonders + scenario
5. Denmark + Explorers + scenario

Given that several of the above were in the god tier for Civ V including Babylon, it is very likely that several civs that are included in the season pack for Civ VI will be in the god tier for Civ VI.

If every DLC includes a civilization, I will probably buy the deluxe edition. But if only 2 do, then probably not. I don't want to pay that much extra for map packs.

When the DLC stuff was declared, oh man some people were pissed and dramatic on the forums. Now, it's just common thing with games, although I love proper expansions more.

(Paradox for example have a dozen dlc's for EUIV, instead they could make bigger packs and finetune them more before release)

Would be nice to have some more information on this. I know I'm likely to buy all DLC, except possibly the ones that are maps only (I don't think I ever got the Scrambled Nations pack for Civ5). However, the soundtrack has zero interest for me. So question is whether the extra 20 € for the deluxe edition will be more or less than the cost of the 4 DLCs. :undecide:

I think they mentioned vaguely "new civilizations, scenarios and maps" so I bet it's like in Civ V, a dlc has 1-2 leaders and a scenario for them to fight.

As Ed Beach is a huge 30 years war/renaissance fan I'd bet that sort of scenario with key players Austria and Sweden..

Indeed! I hope so.

I don't want to order the digital deluxe and find out there's DLCs I'm not interested in (e.g., map packs).

Top Bottom