1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Civilization VI for free in Epic Games Store this week

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Backero, May 15, 2020.

1. Prima Italia

Prima Italia Chieftain

I downloaded the game from Epic for free as I refused to pay for this game when it came out. £50 at launch. No chance. Not in the state that is was in. The last time I paid £50 for a game was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time way back and that was for a cartridge! Actually I never paid for it, my parents did.

Now that the early adopters "beta tested" the game and it has received numerous patches, I can say I had fun with it. The game has problems, like the huge gaps between unit upgrades being a big one, but I still had fun.

If they add Byzantium and Babylon I will consider buying the Frontier Pass when that inevtiably goes on sale. Absolutely shocking that Babylon is still not in the game and to a lesser extent Byzantium. Not buying otherwise. I am debating buying the Platnum upgrade while it is on sale since looking at the expansions, they add a lot features and fixes. The civ choices/leaders are still horrible in my opinion.

2. flairin

flairin Prince

Because of this free offer, I played the game and got my first Win = cultural the other day. Thank you Epic Games!

tedhebert likes this.