1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Antarctic Late Summer Game Update (April 2019)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

There is a LOT of great stuff here.

Well done, Firaxis!

2. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

First of All a short comment on this video announcement: :woohoo:
    And thx for the shoutout! :)

Why not? And after this announcement they have more than enough to talk about!

I like to incentivise hardbuilding. Slight buff to Samurai and the like this way as well... ;)

There were so many changes in there that they seem to have taken right out of these forums that I couldn't be more optimistic at the moment... Now I have to hurry up my current game which I intended not to do...
    Good job Firaxis!

MrRadar and acluewithout like this.
  3. Leucarum

Leucarum King

I think Norway/Pillaging is my favorite change from this. Norway are going to feel a lot more unique, which is good since Maori (seafaring) and Phoenecia (early naval dominance) were muscling in on some of their mechanical space.

nzcamel, Kjimmet, conorbebe and 7 others like this.
  4. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Thoughts

1: Climate changing hitting slower but way harder is exactly what I wanted, so great!
    2: Maori definitely needed a nerf. Was this nerf too much? I'll have to test and figure out my opinion.
    3: Hungary nerf seems insufficient, but on the right track
    4: The guy said snow and tundra tiles +1 production for canada but the text itself says for MINES only. If this doens't effect their tundra farms, that's extremely insufficient. If it does, it's still not enough but closer.
    5: India's buff is unexpected, but interesting
    6: OK, I bet somebody literally read my post here and on reddit about the Dutch getting production towards flood barriers and dams and did it. Hahahahah well thanks fxs.
    7: Glad to see these UI buffs, as I love UIs. The Sphinx buff is especially good.
    8: Climate contest is good. And you can decomission plants now? I think that's new. Good idea
    9: Probably the best thing in the video is reduction of deal spam
    10: Glad they're doing something about barb camps, it was ridiculous
    11: Norway didn't get buffed exactly, but everybody else reverted to pre-GS pillaging, so that's good for them. Maybe I'll actually do a "science raider" game now haha, like Assyria in Civ 5
    12: Map pins, great. I kind of forgot they aren't in the game, I use CQUI so much
    13: Search bar also great

Overall pretty good!

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

So, nothing announced for us, move along modders, maybe next time...

nzcamel, racha, Ferocitus and 2 others like this.
  6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I'm pretty excited about those changes. Can't wait.

7. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Really? I didn't catch that. That's a great change IF AI will be into it... :thumbsup:

8. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

So wait... are these changes out now, or are these to be part of a larger patch to come later?

9. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Hopefully, it easier to play the maps we build...

10. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Lots of stuff to digest. Did they buff the Great Wall aside from being indestructible?

Not sure what to think of the WC changes. Seems like it now incentivized peaceful play, which is good. That said, Diplo Victory still seems like a long chore unless you ramp up natural disasters.

Norway....is it finally happening?

England LUL

Lots of the changes need playtesting in order to evaluate.

11. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Gedemon .. i wouldn't be so quick on assuming they haven't done a few tricky extra things for Modding. If anything.. the WorldBuilder overhaul (presumably extensive) clearly indicates they worked on such type(s) of external assets.
    All i really want (now more than ever!) is the "Pantry" cherry cake(s) for some extra bliss.

nzcamel and TheMarshmallowBear like this.
  12. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Norway could end up being the new Fast Science Victory Civ. Let'st see.

I really don't think the Maori can be nerfed enough, just because the harder it is for them to make good their tricky start the more fun they'll be (up to a point).

I'm not sure about the UI changes. I agree Cheteau seems to have gone backwards but maybe I'm not understanding the change. Happy we're not building Sphinx next to each other anymore - bit silly otherwise. +2 appeal for giant sand cats is very interesting.

My list of things I'd like to see changed is getting very short. If they've tweaked IZ, IZ buildings and Tier 3 buildings, it will be a very short list. Resource tweaks and it'll be super short. Tweak England for the better ... and my mind will be blown.

There's some really thoughtful stuff too. eg Pollution from vehicles, and then further reduction after Energy Cells. Nice. Decommission powerplants. Also nice.

This is really very, very good.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  13. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Looks like the GW gives 2 gold instead of 1

acluewithout likes this.
  14. Council 13

Council 13 Chieftain

I loved everything I'm hearing so far! Even happier to hear that they are not done supporting the game.

15. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Very excited for the Map Tacks, I have my own UI Mod and I wanted to release it but never got permission to use it from the creator (since there were two different ones and I wanted to have both Wonders and Improvements). This new Map Tack feature has both (which I had anyway)

I wonder if they caught the Hotseat glitch, and if every civ has their own set.

nzcamel likes this.
  16. Caprikel

Caprikel Warlord

North Carolina, but secretly a Minnesotan
    Them finally officially adding the map maker and adding much needed features for it is the best part of this update for me.

That alone makes this an S tier update.

Also the "desertification" that is caused by climate change with reduces yields will actually make me want to stop climate change.

Kjimmet, Stilgar08, CivLuvah and 2 others like this.
  17. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

It might actually matter a lot. A big part of Raven King’s power comes from timing - you can potentially get a horde of swordsmen immediately upon researching the tech, without waiting for Iron accumulation. Now, if you are out of Iron or low on it (and it happens way too often in my games), you lose a lot of pre-patch snowball potential. Still powerful later when your empire is up and running, but that phase was never a concern.

18. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Prince

I do not know why they increased unit upgrade costs. That is very disappointing to see. The AI hardly upgrades their units enough as it is. I blame all you guys that post screenshots of 1,000GPT on the forum and on Reddit. The AI cannot play that well, so there was no point in bragging about that.

I still hope they will adjust Georgia or England someday. Georgia is hands down the red-headed stepchild of Civ 6.

19. Loderingo

Loderingo Warlord

Sounds like a good patch. With regards to India, I wonder if they saw my post on Steam achievements with both Indian leaders being right down the bottom

20. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

The Mahabodhi Temple giving a diplo victory point means having a religion is important if you're going for diplomatic victory, since it require you to have founded a religion to build it.

Morningcalm, Kjimmet, Infixo and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.