1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Antarctic Late Summer Game Update (April 2019)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

The patch has not come out yet. They're still working on it.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  2. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Warlord

I have awoken from my slumber of school requirements! (And it's a very deep one, I haven't even finished the game that I saved played a few weeks after the expansion was released!)

These are all welcome improvements, especially the World Builder.

3. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

Huh, I thought it always did... Oh well, can’t say no to more money.

4. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

I don't think the AI not updating have to do with gold, it's just the AI having a virtual brain fart and forgetting to update.

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

It also means that Diplomatic Victory becomes slightly easier.

That's 4 votes you get from Wonders and Civics/Tech alone (I think there's a 5th one somewhere?)

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Ho yes, the pantry, yes, that's a huge one for all graphic makers/users.

But come on, an updated Worldbuilder that's for players, not modders, YnAMP for civ6 was released just 3 days after the game, and I added a "brush size" tools to the WB 6 months ago in one's of YnAMP update...

There are also custom tools released by other modders to make our own map, I mean, we can do that ourselves. But still no words at all about the most important tool, I'm really starting to assume that the DLL source code will never be released for civ6 now.

So I'm waiting for the patch content / livestream then if still no words I'm moving away, I've lost enough time with this game.

Why not tell us what are you plan for civ6 modding in the future, why do you think that we can develop mods without any planning Firaxis ?

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  7. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

It's too easy for the player to upgrade. This is a good change.

They AI may need discounts on upgrading, particularly at higher levels. But that's no big deal.

I really don't think Giorgia need a buff. Medieval and Renaissance Walls need a buff.

England... yeah. Let's see.

It's a really good change. Needing a Religion is very cool.

Tyroq likes this.
  8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It now gives +2 Gold in addition to the adjacency yields. Before it was all adjacency or nothing.

Kjimmet, acluewithout and Elhoim like this.
  9. Vizurok

Vizurok Magyar Soldier

Well, yeah, now all levied swordsman units will need 5 iron which is definitely more than 0, but since it was already almost essential to have at least one working iron mine for the Eureka, it might not be such a big deal.
    On the other hand, Hungary became much more situational as they will definetly not snowball without iron nearby.

10. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

I think that's all, any other point is through Aid Request, the climate accord and the congress.

I hope there's more changes to the Diplo victory and the congress that they didn't announce. I really hope they change how the AI vote, not only in the diplo victory vote but other votes where the AI is way too focused on one option, like increasing cost of buying units with faith, I think it should vary more which options the AI will go for. Unless the player outvote the AI, every single game you gonna get the faith buy penalty, it kinda kills variety in this votes.

I wish Diplo victory wasn't about timing your victory so you win exactly before the vote where the AI will all vote against you.

11. Packherd2

Packherd2 Chieftain

ROADS?

Kjimmet and Ondolindë like this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

That's not quite true.

I was able to suze and levy 4 city-states in a row before unlocking Swordsmen and rolled through my neighbors with about 18 warriors.

Massive snowballage, no iron necessary.

Vizurok likes this.
  13. criZp

criZp Warlord

pre-GS pillaging was science and culture from pillage but no yield scaling. now it's yield scaling but no science and culture.

norway gets both gold and science from mines, and both faith and culture from those other improvements. that means norway pillaging gives double the normal yield, definitively a solid buff.

14. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

I believe they said that it was something they would be actively working on. It's a big system that needs a lot of overhauling, but they seem to be moving in the right direction. I like how the changes will mean warmongering (less favour from grievances) should actually be detrimental to a diplo victory.... It seems on facebook etc that a lot of people are posting about winning diplomatic victories so it could be that the victory type is more popular with the community as a whole than with the denizens of strategy-nerd forums. Balancing the needs of casual players and hardcore fans could be a challenge.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  15. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

For those keeping score: here are the notes I scribbled.
    CLIMATE CHANGE
    -Toned down blizzard damage and added the possibility of adding yields to tiles.
    -Reduced yields from dust storms.
    -Natural disaster setting is not tied to climate change.
    -CO2 emissions from military units slashed by 1/2; can be reduced further with the Advanced Power Cells technology.
    -Floodable coastal tile yield increased from 35% to 45%
    -Global temperature change greatly increases violent storm chance.
    -Desertification mechanic added, which will eventually reduce yields on tiles as you progress on the climate changemeter.
    -Climate change should be overall slower and come into effect later, but disasters will hit far harder by the end.
    CIV BALANCE
    -Maori: Reduced Marae culture yield per tile from +2 to +1. Toa strength reduced to 36 and Haka combat boost no longer stacks.
    -Hungary: cost discount for levied CS unit upgrades, both in gold and resources, reduced from -100% to -75%
    -Canada: +1 production added to any mine on Snow, Snow Hills, Tundra, or Tundra Hills.
    -India: Dharma now provides +2 missionary spreads. +1 Amenity in your cities for each religion that has at least 1 follower. +100% religious pressure for your trade routes. Varu combat buff no longer stacks, in line with Toa/Haka change.
    -China: Great Wall can no longer be removed by disasters, only pillaged. Great wall now generates +2 gold, in addition to extra from adjacent segments.
    -Netherlands: Production discount for dams and flood barriers added.
    -France: Chateau culture next to wonder reduced to +1 (for a total of +3), but now provides extra tourism (allegedly; the changes were unclear). EDIT: via @Eagle Pursuit : "The Chateau culture and gold yield was changed from "if adjacent" to "for each adjacent"".
    -Egypt: Sphinx can no longer be built on snow/snow hills, but gets +1 extra culture from floodplains. Extra appeal bumped up to +2.
    -Spain: Mission now additionally provides +1 production and food on its tile when on a foreign continent. Campus science adjacency reduced to +1, but now gets +1 science adjacency from Holy Sites.
    -Norway: Is now the only civ that can gain science and culture from pillaging; will get science in addition to gold from pillaging mines, and culture from Quarries, pastures, plantations, and camps (in addition to faith).
    WC/Diplomacy/Other Changes
    -Pillaging will now only provide gold, food, and faith (except for Norway, see above).
    -Climate accords now trigger projects to decomission power plants
    -Excessive CO2 will reduce Diplo Favor per turn and reduce score in aid requests.
    -Excessive grievances will reduce diplo favor.
    -Being at war with a target of an aid request will reduce your score in that competition.
    -Improved Jersey Colors to make civs more distinguishable.
    -Better AI deals, especially in reducing repeated requests for the same items.
    -Improved barbarian camp distribution.
    -City State defenses increased on higher difficulties.
    -Play By Cloud filters out completed games.
    -+10 Gold for the Panama Canal
    -+1 Diplo Victory Point for completing Mahabodi Temple.
    -Naturalist cost reduced.
    -Increased unit upgrade cost.
    -Slashed Raid/Total War Policy effects by 1/2.
    -Implemented "Map Tacks" which increases the number of icons for planning greatly.
    -New "Map Search" function.
    -World builder updates.
    -More to come with final patch notes!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Chefofrats, OzzyKP, Hactar and 17 others like this.
  16. Abaxial

Abaxial Chieftain

They should really fix Gandhi's nuclear obsession. There is a word for people who repeat unfunny jokes ad nauseam.

nzcamel likes this.
  17. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

I would prefer if they significantly buffed some of the old unique improvements and then make them one per city. Like the sphinx doubling tourism output from adjacent wonders or something.

Ozymandias9891 likes this.
  18. lordofdonuts

lordofdonuts Chieftain

Chateau seems to get +1 gold per adjacent lux ressource. However I don't understand why they want to nerf an allready weak improvement by requiring 2 adjacents wonders to get the same amount of culture than before. Apart from that, very good patch in all areas.

nzcamel, ggmoyang and Tiger Genocide like this.
  19. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Chieftain

Corny or lame?

20. Eagle Pursuit

The Chateau culture and gold yield was changed from "if adjacent" to "for each adjacent".

Noble Zarkon and Jkchart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.