1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Antarctic Late Summer Game Update (April 2019)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Does it really count as a patch if England doesn't get nerfed? @Victoria I'm going to need you to weigh in here.

2. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Dear Gedemon, it would be sad if you left us... :( just wait to see if Firaxis has really finished with new contents for civ6. If there is another expansion on the horizon, it is undestandable that they don't give powerful modding tools just yet... and perhaps they are just in the position to give definite words about the future of civ6...

3. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

Noooo Maori.

Gone is my guilty pleasure

nzcamel and MisterBoomBoom like this.
  4. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

I wonder if the AI's will send their diety warrior horde to CS's anyway. The attack, retreat, rest routine should take considerably longer. If so, their cities will be more vulnerable for longer to attack from all civs.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  5. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Warlord

Looks like an incredible update. City States being defensible on Deity is going to make the game so much more enjoyable while providing a buff to one of my favorite leaders, Pericles, who was already top tier. Justified buffs/nerfs to some abilities - Dharma will no longer be the worst Civ ability! It actually looks good. Shift + Enter no longer storing production is a great change too.

6. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

Well, it's great work. And it feels like they are starting to read the forum carefully.
    Heading for continous integration finally?

Oh BTW, Is Norway getting god tier :) if they did not change the numbers, then Norway is really able to race fast!

7. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

Was actually good for low food starts. Waiting for 2 pop with only 1 food tiles is a pain in the ass.

I still agree about that change. It's largely used in mp games.

8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

They have! I got a steam update today and suspect some of the patch has come early... below is what Ed said would happen....6 lowloand tiles?... thats 600 production for flood defences before the sea rises. Friggin joke, lets just screw coastal cities altogether, its not like they get any benefits bar a touch of gold if they trade over water... and we know how dodgy that is
    I used to love playing a seaside resorts game... now it is just stupid.
    Yeah they really listen don;t they!
    upload_2019-3-29_17-35-57.png

Babarigo, bonafide11 and acluewithout like this.
  9. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Warlord

I am seeing this in a current game. Inca is attacking a citystate near me for 4 eras now. The city state had 2 mountains on 2 sides, so they struggled and once the City State got walls, the Incas are crashing units into it's walls non stop for 3 more eras.

Once they declare war on a City State it is rare to see them peace out.

BarbarianHunter likes this.
  10. Duuk

That's why I put Civ6 on the shelf. "Lowland flooding" and WW1 infantry causing the entire world to flood (I play on tiny maps with extra civs) makes the game horribly broken for me.

Let me know if they made global flooding less of a joke (which the patch notes imply) or if lowland/coastal games are still unplayable.

Kjimmet and Tiger Genocide like this.
  11. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Chieftain

A few bits:
    • The patch hasn't landed yet, and will be in one singular update; anything else would be QA insanity.
    • More floodable tiles is indeed worse for coastal civs...
    • ...but correctly paced climate progression means we actually have time to build flood barriers, including doing so later in the game when production is more abundant.
    • Additionally, fixes to storms means inland civs dislike climate change too, rather than it being an entirely unilateral weapon they could employ against coastal civs. They also suffer for agressive CO2 diplomatically now as well.
    Overall, coastal civs should be more comfortable with the fixed climate than the old. Far better to have more floodable areas when you can actually do something about them...

Precisely, the status quo was quite unfavorable. Hopefully the new numbers are where they need to be.

12. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

???? So we have to buy flood barriers for probably on average 300 production before they go up in price? and coastal civs are generally crap civs anyway... ooooh global warming... ooooh lets experience it in our game so it hurts, this is exactly why many people did NOT want random events, when it starts seriously messing with the game.
    "We listen to the forums"... yeah right.
    Gonna wait for the patch but I think its a step too far for me if its gonna happen like they say., my day just got worse.
    To quote my profile page from December "The seas have risen and I have floated off. 21 Dec 2018"

acluewithout, Cherenkov and Duuk like this.
  13. Duuk

Well, from the patch video, I wouldn't bet heavily on it. Coastal yields have ALWAYS been counter-intuitive.

Human civilizations have always been river-or-coastal throughout literally all of human history. Except in Civ6, where a solid grass-hills-mountains-no-water-maybe-some-deserts start is the safest place to found your civilization if you plan on conquering the world.

Sorry. I'm just annoyed because Civ6 is just a BEAUTIFUL, well-designed game... that is horribly balanced and broken. And before you reply "So make a balance mod", I'll say that I usually play with Better Coastal Yields, Disasters at Lowest Settings, etc. But I shouldn't have to play with everything tweaked all out of whack just to retrofit the game to fit the ACTUAL rise of human civilizations. If you fill the map up with civs, the coastal civs (ie: the ones that historically colonized their idea of Known World, no matter how big that idea of the Known World was) are actually truly terrible because of how bad an idea it is to play on the coasts.

14. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Stream is LIVE! Still on the opening "screen" though.
    ---- --- ---
    Truly on now...

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

16. InDubioProReo

InDubioProReo Warlord

Very good news! I hope the AI is also improved.

17. Arent11

Arent11 King

Wait what? Norway is the only civ that can now pillage science and culture? :D

18. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Well, they did not say too many words on AI stuff in the video... :(

19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

From improvements. Any civ can pillage science and culture from campus districts or theater squares.

Arent11 likes this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

@firaxis

By the way, I really appreciate the format of this video. It is well done.

nzcamel, King Rad, bite and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.