[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - 11/17 Developer Livestream Discussion

I agree

Yes the science bug... Also the corporation mode bug... And the asset bug... those three are about what I'm hoping for...

I hope they get rid of the annoying "Governor Idle" bug when you move a governor even though it's more of annoyance than a game changer. Along with fixing the corporation mode bug (AI not improving resources I assume you mean) I hope they tweak the tourism boost again so it at least requires industry/corporation for the tourism multipliers. My ideal would be something like you have to make a corporation and then each product based on your monopoly increases your tourism multiplier or something like that. I'm fine with a boost but I'd like to have to work for it.

I agree there will be almost zero AI 'improvements' in this. The AI programmer has almost certainly moved on to Civ 7. The majority of the AI work is just making the AI recognize and play with the rules of the game. Making it attempt to play well comes later...

I can see them fixing the AI science focus bug, it's an easy fix (I had fixed it myself), but those thinking a huge ai overhaul are probably out of luck. I would guess any ai coders may be working on Civ 7.

What major bugs are still outstanding? I haven't been keeping up on what's still a problem.

As for the AI, I think we need to accept that either they are happy with the AI as is, or the problem cannot be fixed (at least not in a reasonable amount of man hours). I'm leaning on the former given the way the AI has been this way all game. Other issues are game mechanics issues like ai use of aircraft. I made some aircraft not require aluminum which helps somewhat. Given how casual friendly this game is, they may want the AI this way. I just wish there way to improve ai decision making on higher difficulties.
Even without a completely AI overhaul, there is plenty of stuff which could be done... e.g. fixing the crahses one very large map sizes or the bug with Culture Industry Policy Card currently ruining the Dramatic Ages mode. Even the AI could benefit from some limited changes, like making them improving luxuries in M&C mode again or letting their purchase limit for strategic ressources finally scale with game speed (example: The will currently only buy 40 units of a strategic units even on marathon, where units can cost up to 90). I think we are all aware that there is no chance to turn the AI into one like Old World has it with resonable effort, but there is IMO a ton of pretty low hanging fruit it the bug section. If only those would be addressed, it would be huge step forward.

I think there’s probably a balance to be struck. It’s probably wise to scrutinise a little and not just clap like seals when given free content (alas, I admit I did arfff a little), but equally so I think there’s a reasonable limit of expectation for a game nearing the end of its life cycle.

Bug fixes, AI tweaks and balancing I think we could hope to expect, sweeping changes to art direction, maps et all slightly less so.

I definitely agree with the sentiment to each her own because I think your experiences with the game vary on what’s important to you. The razor sharp AI of Old World left me cold because I found the game to be quite charmless overall, but I can absolutely see how someone would love the experience. Equally so, hearing the soaring theme of the atomic Georgian theme as I overlook my empire goes a long way in helping me forgive some of VIs lacking qualities.

I’m mostly just grateful for new content to be able to engage with people who love history and strategy as much as I do :)

In regards to the AI, I'm kind of torn. Like, one doesn't want it to be too easy, but one doesn't want it to be like impossible hard either. But then again, I play more for the narrative aspects I guess... like aside from watching my own empire grow I like watching how the AI interacts both with me and also its own "neighbors." Sometimes interesting and unexpected things happen.

I think my problem with OLD WORLD is that, while I really liked the character models and how they age, it feels like it can't decide if it wants to be a CIV game or CK III, or that it's trying to capture both games but not quite surpassing either because it offers a limited version of both... my attitude when playing was usually, 'I'd really rather be playing CIV or CK III and getting the full experience."

Bug fixes, AI tweaks and balancing I think we could hope to expect,
I think that's a reasonable expectation - I don't expect any major changes but I do expect the science typo (150 instead of 15) to be fixed for example.

I think it was supposed to releast today, but I tried it as of 9am Eastern Time but it was not available. What time will it be available?

I think it was supposed to releast today, but I tried it as of 9am Eastern Time but it was not available. What time will it be available?
As others have stated, 1 PM EST or 10 AM PT.

I also have to say, given that the small DLC's-Australia, Nubia, etc.-all had patches to go with them, but they weren't widely advertised, if at all from what I understand at least, then there still is a chance that we get some patches even if they aren't advertised.

It’s a bug that was introduced during NFP… basically a typo in the game data files that makes the AI go crazy on science at the cost of most everything else.
I haven't played Civ in a while but I thought the change was intentional? Is it really a typo? We consistently asked them to make the AI more focused on Science, so maybe Firaxis just went medieval on it. :crazyeye:
---

I still hold some hope we get First Looks sometime before the release of the Pass. Had there been no First Look for Caesar, I'd have had no expectations.

I haven't played Civ in a while but I thought the change was intentional? Is it really a typo?
There were two changes:-

1. They added a preference for Campus and Theatre Squares - this was clearly intentional
    Code:
    <Row ListType="ClassicalDistricts" Item="DISTRICT_CAMPUS" Favored="true"/>      
    <Row ListType="ClassicalDistricts" Item="DISTRICT_THEATER" Favored="true"/>

2. They updated the science preference, it's so far out of line it appears to be a typo:-

Code:
    <Row ListType="ClassicalYields" Item="YIELD_FAITH" Value="20"/>      
    <Row ListType="ClassicalYields" Item="YIELD_FOOD" Value="15"/>
    <Row ListType="ClassicalYields" Item="YIELD_GOLD" Value="20"/>
    <Row ListType="ClassicalYields" Item="YIELD_SCIENCE" Value="150"/>
    You can see this by comparing to the next era:-
    Code:
    <Row ListType="MedievalYields" Item="YIELD_FAITH" Value="-25"/>      
    <Row ListType="MedievalYields" Item="YIELD_FOOD" Value="25"/>
    <Row ListType="MedievalYields" Item="YIELD_GOLD" Value="15"/>
    <Row ListType="MedievalYields" Item="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Value="20"/>
    <Row ListType="MedievalYields" Item="YIELD_SCIENCE" Value="15"/>

Well, about 2.5 hours. Do we think we're getting first looks or patch notes before launch time? The window is narrowing...

Well, about 2.5 hours. Do we think we're getting first looks or patch notes before launch time? The window is narrowing...
I hope so. But considering the way things have gone with this LP first pack, I wouldn't be surprised if they dump the First Looks out at the same time as launch, thereby rendering them superfluous.

I bought all DLC prior to the Leaders Pass, but only have Julius Caesar now. I thought it was free to anyone who owned all DLC? I see it is available for 19.99 for purchase. Am I mistaken in that I should have gotten it for free?

I bought all DLC prior to the Leaders Pass, but only have Julius Caesar now. I thought it was free to anyone who owned all DLC? I see it is available for 19.99 for purchase. Am I mistaken in that I should have gotten it for free?
There are issues. No one is playing the LP as far as I know.

There's a mess with the DLC going on right now. They're working on a fix. Please re-start Steam and/or your PC. If this doesn't solve the problem, then try later again. There's nothing else what you can really do though, just wait.

Top Bottom