[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Peter the Great saw the abilities of Tokugawa and Nader Shah
View attachment 645744
Peter the Great seeing any of the other Leader Abilities:
1669136218878.png

It feels unlikely now that any leaders in LP will be getting their own UU or UI. This pass feels like it was done with a fairly low budget.
You're probably right. I feel like this was the last pack that could potentially do it, unless they decide to completely rework England and give the Sea Dog to Elizabeth.

I guess there's always a possibility of Qin the Unifier getting a Cho Ko Nu, but I'm not sure that's necessary? :dunno:

Peter the Great seeing any of the other Leader Abilities:
View attachment 645745
Except Rober the Bruce. :p

Hello Fellow Civ 6 Fans

I uninstalled and reinstalled Civ 6 from Steam and still No Go on the Leader Pass. I have a support email in with 2K and the response is that they will get the LP attached to my Steam account in the next 24 hours to be installed. I guess it's a wait and see for today. I will load a game with Caesar and see if the barb hut bug has been fixed. I killed 3 huts yesterday and never got any gold for any of them. Speed was "online" but still no gold for destroying barb huts.

Brew God

But guys, Russia is so strong that Peter has to be weak.
If he had a flat Bonus to Culture or Science from International Trade Routes, depending on what Specialty Districts there were in the Destination City, then maybe I'd agree with you. At least Peter's LA would be mid instead of Ron Swanson's Computer.
Except Rober the Bruce. :p
That's fair, they're both equally trash.

But guys, Russia is so strong that Peter has to be weak.
Yes, it's true, if you add a new leader for Russia, then one of its three abilities must be given to Peter (permutation of abilities was for Mapuche and USA)

If he had a flat Bonus to Culture or Science from International Trade Routes, depending on what Specialty Districts there were in the Destination City, then maybe I'd agree with you. AT least Peter's LA would be mid instead of Ron Swanson's Computer.
I could see science for every Campus, Industrial Zone, Harbor, Commercial Hub, Aqueduct/Dam/Canal. Then culture for every Theater Square, Entertainment Complex/Water Park, Holy Site, Govt. Plaza/Diplo Quarter. Is that too much? :mischief:

Honestly, I could also see you getting science and culture from just establishing delegations/embassies because his ability is called "Grand Embassy".
Yes, it's true, if you add a new leader for Russia, then one of its three abilities must be given to Peter (permutation of abilities was for Mapuche and USA)
Extra GWAM points for Lavra kind of seemed tacked on for no good reason, historically speaking, which could be given to Peter somehow along with Great Scientists and maybe Great Engineers?

Name a more iconic duo than civ and spoilers :mischief:
Those look really fun if the final release ends up like that I'm greatly looking forward to it!
Game Freak might have a say about that. :p:mischief:

I could see science for every Campus, Industrial Zone, Harbor, Commercial Hub, Aqueduct/Dam/Canal. Then culture for every Theater Square, Entertainment Complex/Water Park, Holy Site, Govt. Plaza/Diplo Quarter. Is that too much? :mischief:

Honestly, I could also see you getting science and culture from just establishing delegations/embassies because his ability is called "Grand Embassy".

Extra GWAM points for Lavra kind of seemed tacked on for no good reason, historically speaking, which could be given to Peter somehow along with Great Scientists and maybe Great Engineers?
It would probably be more useful for the civilization series to add a ruler from the Rurik dynasty (Ivan the Terrible, Nevsky, Olga, Vladimir), so Peter can be given 5 extra tiles

Isn't the art side of things, generally, the high budget side?

Game Freak might have a say about that. :p:mischief:

To be honest, I much prefer the "leak" "marketing strategy" to the roll out they gave the negotiators (meaning: no information at all until the very hour of the pack's release). I'm actually looking forward to the Commanders now.

Alright, got access to them after doing the workaround...

The new LUAs feel bland but potent? Nzinga and Saladin are probably some of the more solid in the game. Definitely enjoying current Kongo run where I can stack Nkisi and a big yield bonus. They do have some tangential synergy with their respective civs I guess but I don't see how they tie in to negotiation...

Caesar I think people may be underestimating given how bland it is. That guy can snowball!

Lincoln I have yet to try, timing push with America? Then hold onto a bunch of upkeep-free melee for the rest of the game. As people have said, the amenities/loyalty will probably be a non-issue 99% of the time, and you can always settle on plantation luxuries...

Alright, got access to them after doing the workaround...

The new LUAs feel bland but potent? Nzinga and Saladin are probably some of the more solid in the game. Definitely enjoying current Kongo run where I can stack Nkisi and a big yield bonus. They do have some tangential synergy with their respective civs I guess but I don't see how they tie in to negotiation...

Caesar I think people may be underestimating given how bland it is. That guy can snowball!

Lincoln I have yet to try, timing push with America? Then hold onto a bunch of upkeep-free melee for the rest of the game. As people have said, the amenities/loyalty will probably be a non-issue 99% of the time, and you can always settle on plantation luxuries...

I wish they had made Lincoln incompatible with the "Serfdom" economic policy card -- or something along these lines.

I wish they had made Lincoln incompatible with the "Serfdom" economic policy card -- or something along these lines.
Too on the nose, and doesn't make for a good malus game design-wise either.

I don't really want to be *that guy*, but I feel like y'all should know that someone over on Reddit datamined (or something) the abilities and two leader models from the Great Commanders.

Man, now I'm all excited for a pack that isn't coming out for a whole month yet.

Tokugawa seems to synergize really well with Japan (arguably better than Hojo). Here's hoping these abilities aren't dulled down before release.

Top Bottom