[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Hmmm... just went one by one through all the possible fixes for OS Error 4294956486, and nothing has done anything yet. Just can't open the game at all since buying the New Leader pass this morning.
I don't have time to read through all the posts so far ... But has anyone found a workaround for this error message, which seems to be for Mac users using Steam?

Since the release of the Leader Pass, Steam keeps returning this OS Error code and Civ VI doesn't launch at all. Very frustrating – and there's no help at all on the Aspyr website. They just recommend installing and uninstalling, which I've tried twice, to no avail.

I've been working my way through a Lincoln game and, I have to say, not really impressed. The extra units are fine but they aren't game changing and really weak when compared to Byzantium since they have no synergy with either Lincoln or America's abilities. Its nice not to have to build units but its still not that impressive.

I don't have time to read through all the posts so far ... But has anyone found a workaround for this error message, which seems to be for Mac users using Steam?

Since the release of the Leader Pass, Steam keeps returning this OS Error code and Civ VI doesn't launch at all. Very frustrating – and there's no help at all on the Aspyr website. They just recommend installing and uninstalling, which I've tried twice, to no avail.
Yeah, I got help here! In steam, I just uninstalled and reinstalled Civ 6 this morning and it was able to start up fine, with all the new stuff.

Yeah, I got help here! In steam, I just uninstalled and reinstalled Civ 6 this morning and it was able to start up fine, with all the new stuff.
Yeah, didn’t work for me unfortunately. I’ve filed two reports with Aspyr, but I don’t have high hopes….

Don't see any funny, I can't get my free DLC 2nd day in a row. I have all the DLCs. Great job. I won't spend another penny on this studio's games. It's a mockery.
You keep posting the same thing. I completely understand your frustration, but if you're really that desperate, just use the workaround like most other people.

Either that or if you're committed to not using the workaround, then you'll have to wait. And you'll probably have to wait quite a bit longer as I suspect this won't be solved any time soon because it's a Steam issue.

You keep posting the same thing. I completely understand your frustration, but if you're really that desperate, just use the workaround like most other people.

Either that or if you're committed to not using the workaround, then you'll have to wait. And you'll probably have to wait quite a bit longer as I suspect this won't be solved any time soon because it's a Steam issue.
Why it's a Steam issue, if Epic players the same?

It's very clearly not a "Steam issue". I've had plenty of $0 DLC work just fine on Steam before. Also, Epic players have the same troubles. This is very much a Firaxis/2K issue. And now it's been more than 24 hours and I still can't access the DLC.

I was just able to add the Leader Pass to my account by hitting the button in Steam to add the Anthology Pack to my account. I had previously bought all DLC separately and was getting the same error message yesterday as everyone else. I don't know if it worked just now cause they added my account to some list or if its working for everyone now. Give it a try!

I was just able to add the Leader Pass to my account by hitting the button in Steam to add the Anthology Pack to my account. I had previously bought all DLC separately and was getting the same error message yesterday as everyone else. I don't know if it worked just now cause they added my account to some list or if its working for everyone now. Give it a try!
I can confirm this now works. I just clicked Add to Library on the remaining Anthology Pack content, and it worked. They must have just fixed something, because I had tried and failed literally 30 minutes ago.

It's very clearly not a "Steam issue". I've had plenty of $0 DLC work just fine on Steam before. Also, Epic players have the same troubles. This is very much a Firaxis/2K issue. And now it's been more than 24 hours and I still can't access the DLC.
Using the Anthology system?

Epic does not use that system:
"Save vs buying DLC packs and expansions separately. If you already own any Civilization VI standalone content beyond the base game (like expansions or DLCs), do not buy this product or you will be double-charged for content."

So what is occurring on Epic is the Rollout slowdown which they said would take some time. But the issue on Steam seems more complex.

Nobody should have to spend anything on a workaround.

Thankfully it is fixed now.

@Shaka Zulu Go to the Store page and add Anthology to your library. You should get it free.
Then DLCs will be installed 🙌

Fina*******ly! 😆

It worked! They fixed it.

For the record, this is what it looks like in my DLC list now.

タイトルなし.png

Nobody should have to spend anything on a workaround.

Thankfully it is fixed now.

@Shaka Zulu Go to the Store page and add Anthology to your library. You should get it free.
Then DLCs will be installed 🙌

Fina*******ly! 😆
I didn't *spend* anything.

I bought something along with it.

I still got the Leader Pass for free.

Top Bottom