[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

I’m really not getting the people with their knickers in a twist that the free DLC is still being rolled out.

Like, I get it’s a bit disappointing that something seems to have messed up at the back end, but seriously stuff like this happens, FXS and whoever are clearly working to sort it out, and it’s really not a big deal either way.

I means, it’s just a game. The scout unit has a button that lets you pat the dog, there’s a rock band unit that looks like Pink Floyd and Aerosmith got mashed together with a cricket bat, and it’s got at least two leaders who are completely mythological, one who looks like a 1960 muscle guy on the beach and the other who talks like he’s just stepped out of a night club at 3am in Wellington. Seriously, it’s just a game.

Some folks need to just calm down.

I’m really not getting the people with their knickers in a twist that the free DLC is still being rolled out.

Like, I get it’s a bit disappointing that something seems to have messed up at the back end, but seriously stuff like this happens, FXS and whoever are clearly working to sort it out, and it’s really not a big deal either way.

I means, it’s just a game. The scout unit has a button that lets you pat the dog, there’s a rock band unit that looks like Pink Floyd and Aerosmith got mashed together with a cricket bat, and it’s got at least two leaders who are completely mythological, one who looks like a 1960 muscle guy on the beach and the other who talks like he’s just stepped out of a night club at 3am in Wellington. Seriously, it’s just a game.

Some folks need to just calm down.
You know, I questioned the scout's patting the dog thing once but I don't remember posting it but if I did I didn't get a response.

You know, I questioned the scout's patting the dog thing once but I don't remember posting it but if I did I didn't get a response.
It is literally one of my favourite features in the game. Just a little whimsy and humour.

I play Civ to have fun. Lots of things in Civ are fun. Different sorts of fun; some things are more complicated or less complicated fun. But patting the dog is its own fun, and I’m totally down for that.

So, waiting some patches now maybe...
The Eureka Text thing was patched, as well as the "Amani-Discover-All-Heroes-1-Turn" thing(allegedly), so there are some patches, I think.

The Eureka Text thing was patched, as well as the "Amani-Discover-All-Heroes-1-Turn" thing(allegedly), so there are some patches, I think.

What's the Eureka text thing?

Anyway, upon playing Lincoln a bit, I've realized that... Lincoln's only trait that does anything, until you build industrial zones (which is probably not until the game's at least 40-50% over) is a penalty. It's worse than havivng no leader. A small penalty, true, but still. I know some other leaders have penalties but I believe they also get bonuses that kick in immediately, not so late.

I don't quite know, but @pokiehl said that the bug was gone. Maybe it was about Eurekas not working properly
Siege Tactics and Replaceable Parts. In the April 2021 patch their triggers were changed to the Trebuchet and Line Infantry, the new units that were added.

However, the text was unchanged, which caused a lot of confusion in the community over the last year and a half.

Siege Tactics and Replaceable Parts. In the April 2021 patch their triggers were changed to the Trebuchet and Line Infantry, the new units that were added.

However, the text was unchanged, which caused a lot of confusion in the community over the last year and a half.

Ahh, I remember reading about that. I think something similar happened with Poland's ability ?

Woohoo! Goal accomplished.
kongo.png

Ahh, I remember reading about that. I think something similar happened with Poland's ability ?

Yep, Poland's ability description is erroneous. As of the April 2021 patch, it says "Holy Sites gain major Faith adjacency bonus from adjacent Encampments."

However, this isn't true (and still isn't fixed :sad:...) Their bonus to Holy Sites remains the same as it ever was: Holy Sites receive a standard adjacency bonus from all other adjacent districts.

It seems likely this was a planned-but-scrapped change.

Hello Civ Fans

Finally I also confirm after just a few minutes a go...Steam fixed it all. The above image...the LP has been added to your account. I went to Anthology bundle and the option as reported before there is a new option....Add To Account...hit that option and it's installed and ready to go. I loaded up a new game...all LP leaders ere there. Thank God.

Cheers Everyone...now for Patch Updates for the first wave of LP. Ha Ha Ha. Do you now get Gold for destroying a barb hut with Caesar?

Brew God

Some of you all played multiple leaders already, but I'm playing Huge Marathon game, still on Lincoln.

The loyalty issue has been a non issue. The free melee units is pretty OP if you ask me. But then again I like building industrial zones. I'm assuming these melee units are completely free, right? Meaning they don't cost unit maintenance. I have melee units up the wazzoo. I need them too, since I forgot how powerful Korea's uu was, and she built a lot of them, she was causing me all sorts of trouble until my musketmen saved the day.

I'm lucky to get one game every 2 weeks, so it will be a while before I play the other 3. I won't conquer anymore, I will probably do a domination game with Saladin instead.

I'm assuming these melee units are completely free, right? Meaning they don't cost unit maintenance.
The free part only applies to strategic resources, they still cost gold. Same with Byzantium and units you get from meteors.

The free part only applies to strategic resources, they still cost gold. Same with Byzantium and units you get from meteors.

I had a feeling that was the case since my economy has been struggling. I was too lazy to check it, doesn't help I'm running no mods, and don't have the better menu mod going.

I certainly hope to run mods next game. I desperately miss easy trade deal mod. Another reason my economy is struggling. I get lazy to open diplomacy to make trade deals over and over again.

The fact that no one took the time to wrote down the fix/few fixes discovered so far in a changelog and also no communication happened about a patch being released together with the DLC still speaks a lot about the potential volume of other stealth fixes IMO. I now also have zero hope that this will change with the subsequent leader pass releases; I wouldn't even count on fixes for introduced issues with the new leaders. Still of course I would welcome being wrong with my doomsaying on that front...

I use a bunch of cosmetic or near-cosmetic mods, e.g Tomatekh's Religion stuff, the various UI improvements.

I disabled them because of this DLC incoming, but does anyone know if it's safe to use them? Or if they will cause issues with the leader patch?

Top Bottom