[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

He himself said on the thread that his mode has been updated and will keep on updating as pass roles out.

Thanks! What about the UI mods, such as Extended Policy Cards? I know nothing about programming, so I don't know what's likely to break or not.

I don't think they are broken. I am playing right now and none of the mods seem broken.

Thanks again. Sorry for the dumb questions, but I started a game - can I re-enable those UI mods in a current saved game? I have them installed but disabled everything except Tomatekh's Historical Religions.

I'm playing as Kongo for perhaps the first time ever and it's really fun. Just having all the new leaders in makes for a different feel and some novelty.

Thanks again. Sorry for the dumb questions, but I started a game - can I re-enable those UI mods in a current saved game? I have them installed but disabled everything except Tomatekh's Historical Religions.

I'm playing as Kongo for perhaps the first time ever and it's really fun. Just having all the new leaders in makes for a different feel and some novelty.
UI mods can generally be enabled/disabled mid-game. The best suggestion if you're unsure a mod is compatible with an update is to check each mod's Steam page. Most modders are good about informing their subscribers concerning compatibility.

Yeah, didn’t work for me unfortunately. I’ve filed two reports with Aspyr, but I don’t have high hopes….

It's still not updated for me either - Steam still want to charge me £17.99 for the Leader Pack.

Attachments

• Still not free.JPG
    Still not free.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 26
I agree with you in that those minor Issues don't look very professional, but I wouldn't say it's because the Devs are ignorant about them. I'm merely a Modder and have only released a few Mods yet, but there are many small Issues in those Mods that I made a to do list for them to fix later, but the list gets bigger and bigger when I also add my other Modding Ideas that I'm working on, so that those previous minor Issues get burried under the Pile of other "to-do"s, and I complely forget about them or have other priorities that are more relevant/important to me (even if those minor Bugs are very easy to fix).

So, it could be possible that the Devs are aware of those small Issues but chose to just ignore them since they are just minor Issues that don't really break the Game, or they could be in their "to-fix" list but got burried under the big Pile of Civ6 Bugs/Issues that are more relevant to the Game and that need to be prioritized. (and let's be honest, we can't expect the Devs to fix all Bugs/Inconsistencies in the Game, not even most of them. There are too many, and they would need to charge Money for that Bug-Fix Patch in order to be worth it for them).
They certainly can't be ignorant of something so glaringly obvious as "Pedro Ii". It would be nice to think that they rationalised that the time spent fixing that would be better spent fixing something more significant, but I doubt it works that way. I can only say that there is no way I would ever issue a report to a client which had an obvious typo on the title page.It's a matter of standards.

Okey Dokey.
Tried this - and it 'added' it to my Library.
The Leader Pass now says 'In Library' but despite it seemingly not getting downloaded, they appear to be available.
Tip much appreciated, and I thank you very much indeed as I would never have thought of trying to buy something for £0 that I already owned - but the main thing is that it actually worked.
I will pass this to Firaxis Support as well.

One oddity remains - Steam still want to sell me the Leader Pack for £17.99, even though it has the 'In Library' tag after the 'purchase' of the Anthology!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 23
The fact that no one took the time to wrote down the fix/few fixes discovered so far in a changelog and also no communication happened about a patch being released together with the DLC still speaks a lot about the potential volume of other stealth fixes IMO. I now also have zero hope that this will change with the subsequent leader pass releases; I wouldn't even count on fixes for introduced issues with the new leaders. Still of course I would welcome being wrong with my doomsaying on that front...
Because as far as I'm concerned, It probably was minimialistic. A lot of the bugs that should've been fixed haven't been fixed.

I'm wondering if the Assets Bugs was fixed...

It finally works. I love having any new content, but why do I feel like I can come up with better leader abilities while scribbling on an old napkin? Here are some unrefined alternative ideas.

Julius: Retain extra gold from clearing barb camps, but fighting barb units grants triple xp as well. Conquered cities with improved luxuries provide 1 extra amenity and 4 gold to the capital per luxury.

Mbanda: Earn 2 combat strength per active alliance, alliance points accumulate 2x when shared majority religion, your cities ignore loyalty pressure from allied cities (any alliance type) and conduct espionage against allies.

Saladin: Apostles provide 5 cs and 1 extra movement to land combat units within 2 hexes, world wonders constructed adj to holy sites receive 10% production boost and in turn provide a major adj bonus to holy sites

Lincoln: Conquered free cities will be100% loyal, and trade routes sent to any domestic city that has previously rebelled provide any origin city that has never rebelled 2 extra production per district in the destination city. Removing a plantation from a city provides 1 extra amenity and 1 extra appeal to city’s tiles, but can only happen once per tile with a resource improved by plantations.

Imo these are a lot more interesting and took me hardly any time at all, so why did we get such lackluster leader abilities?

Imo these are a lot more interesting and took me hardly any time at all, so why did we get such lackluster leader abilities?
It’s looking increasingly likely that they weren’t allowed or able to add new effects to the game for any of this dlc, so I expect every leader’s setup will end up being made with existing effects, as these are.

Julius: Retain extra gold from clearing barb camps, but fighting barb units grants triple xp as well. Conquered cities with improved luxuries provide 1 extra amenity and 4 gold to the capital per luxury.
I think Triple XP from Barb units is too easy to exploit, but triple XP from clearing Barb Camps would be good. Maybe also +1 permanent Amenity from each Barbarian Camp cleared instead of conquered cities, since that's a bit similar to the Ottomans.

Removing a plantation from a city provides 1 extra amenity and 1 extra appeal to city’s tiles, but can only happen once per tile with a resource improved by plantations.
A simpler alternative would be to make improved luxuries provide half yields and decreased appeal to every surrounding tile. Or grant only 2 or 3 amenities rather than 4 (and then requiring you to build IZs and buildings for +1 Amenity each).

It’s looking increasingly likely that they weren’t allowed or able to add new effects to the game for any of this dlc, so I expect every leader’s setup will end up being made with existing effects, as these are.
That sucks. I'm glad it's free.

Personally, I'd have preferred that they do new abilities (at least for some), fix the worst bugs and charge me for the pack.

Triple xp sounds like a lots vs barbs til one remembers it would only be 3 xp after the first promotion. For Lincoln, what I might have said is “gain the ability to liberate plantations after researching x civic (maybe nationalism?); liberated plantations cannot be rebuilt but the city gains 1 amenity and all tiles +1 appeal””

It would be cool to go around liberating your plantations, more fun and flavorful than having a 2000 bc plantation malus imo

Ah yeah, I forget I've a mod that removes that limitation.
Couldn't that be a better ability? Maybe not for you with your mod, but generally, forget the gold, as Caesar's LUA you can get full XP from fighting Barbs at any promotion level.

Because as far as I'm concerned, It probably was minimialistic. A lot of the bugs that should've been fixed haven't been fixed.

I'm wondering if the Assets Bugs was fixed...
No bugs have been fixed as far as I can tell.
Just tried Abe Lincoln, Standard Map with no mods and it made it all the way to turn 104 before vanishing to desktop at the turn end.
What a waste of HDD space - this has been a constant problem since Gathering Storm, it got worse with the New Frontier pass and it is still broken and for me unplayable.

No bugs have been fixed as far as I can tell.
Just tried Abe Lincoln, Standard Map with no mods and it made it all the way to turn 104 before vanishing to desktop at the turn end.
What a waste of HDD space - this has been a constant problem since Gathering Storm, it got worse with the New Frontier pass and it is still broken and for me unplayable.
I don't know there are case of this which says it fixed some bugs
Honestly, the best part about the pass is that at least for me, it fixed crashing. Played a full culture game with Mbande without a single hiccup. Before, it would inevitably freeze between turns at least a few times, and I had to log out or even sut down my PC to get out of it.

Top Bottom