[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

I've never had issues with Crashing tbh, I had one soft-lock Please Wait, but that is fixed by rebooting the game with no issues so, not my bother, I'd be more concerned if it crashed consistently at the same turn, it usually isn't.

The bugs however, would've been nice to have been fixed, won Abe with Cultural Victory against unmet leaders thanks to a 500% Tourism boost from Monopoloies.

Music for Vietnam and Portugal are on a different channel altogether which makes them play awkwardly when they fade out (timing is way off)

The Campus bug is still present for AIs over-favoring it.

I have no idea, but I presume that the Asset Bug is still present, which is atrocious given we're getting MORE assets with these pass.

Disaster VFX are broken on reloads in games if you don't leave to main menu (They're invisible)

None of those issues have actually been fixed when they should have, I presume the Culture Industry bug is also still present.

No bugs have been fixed as far as I can tell.
Just tried Abe Lincoln, Standard Map with no mods and it made it all the way to turn 104 before vanishing to desktop at the turn end.
What a waste of HDD space - this has been a constant problem since Gathering Storm, it got worse with the New Frontier pass and it is still broken and for me unplayable.
There's a lot of discussion wondering if bugs were fixed, but the simplest line of reasoning is generally the most compelling:

No patch notes + no mention from their marketing about bug fixes + the game's version number didn't change + the game .exe or .dll files haven't been updated since 2021 (per Zegangani) + the slips in quality = in all likelihood, no bug fixes now or later.

No hate to anyone working on the game; I'm sure this is all just a function of the reality of what resources they can devote to this and what was scoped for this DLC. It's just disappointing.

Last edited:
i won a science match with lincoln but he didn't give me the trophy. They have not entered the trophies on steam for the victory of the leader pass, I went to see in the list there are in fact ...
might be a good idea to keep around a save from one turn before victory as each of the leaders, in case they add trophies in later. not that im holding my breath

There's a lot of discussion wondering if bugs were fixed, but the simplest line of reasoning is generally the most compelling:

No patch notes + no mention from their marketing about bug fixes + the game's version number didn't change + the game .exe or .dll files haven't been updated since 2021 (per Zegangani) + the slips in quality = in all likelihood, no bug fixes now or later.

No hate to anyone working on the game; I'm sure this is all just a function of the reality of what resources they can devote to this and what was scoped for this DLC. It's just disappointing.
Simplest line of reasoning is crashes and bugs have been worked on and some are fixed, but with no patch notes it's hard to determine which.

Oh you played with corportation mode? Is the AI not improving luxury resources fixed?
I was playing with Monopoloies++, so I'm unsure, but if the version hasn't changed then no.

They probably fixed the Eurekas largely because it's an easy fix since it's just nothing more than a text file change.

Everything else requires a DLL, which is also probably why we haven't gotten achievements (you'd need to program the game to recognise the new leaders for victory).

It's going to be very disappointing if not a single patch comes out during the pass's lifetime.

:(

That would be... really bad. Isn't the whole point of the LP to improve their standing with the community? Could they really be that tone deaf to expect a pack of new 3d models (because apparently no new abilities are being added) by itself be sufficient to achieve this?

Nah, I'll wait a bit longer before I get to that state of dejection.

That would be... really bad. Isn't the whole point of the LP to improve their standing with the community? Could they really be that tone deaf to expect a pack of new 3d models (because apparently no new abilities are being added) by itself be sufficient to achieve this?

Speculating on when a bug-fix patch may or may not come is just that, speculation. For all we know, they planned a bug-fix patch to drop at the same time, but due to all the craziness with getting people hooked up with the Anthology version, they ended up scrapping that for then and will deploy it later. I will be very sad if we get all these new leader packs and no patch for the previous bugs. But at the same time, maybe they want to deploy all the leaders first and then will patch everything at the end. Or maybe they're still working the abilities of the other leaders, and want to just balance everything once. They provided a very late patch for civ 5 way after anyone expected it, so there's still plenty of time for that to come here with them still releasing content for civ 6.

I don't think it's the devs being tone deaf. From the outside looking in, the best assumption I can make is they were told they can make this DLC, they were allocated finite resources and a very limited scope to do it, and they're trying to do the best they can. If my assumptions about the future of the pass are correct, then I think not allocating this more manpower or resources or whatever to truly polish the game and have it end on a great note is a big mistake for the game's legacy and arguably for Firaxis's reputation, but I'm not a shot-caller or decision-maker there.

Speculating on when a bug-fix patch may or may not come is just that, speculation. For all we know, they planned a bug-fix patch to drop at the same time, but due to all the craziness with getting people hooked up with the Anthology version, they ended up scrapping that for then and will deploy it later. I will be very sad if we get all these new leader packs and no patch for the previous bugs. But at the same time, maybe they want to deploy all the leaders first and then will patch everything at the end. Or maybe they're still working the abilities of the other leaders, and want to just balance everything once. They provided a very late patch for civ 5 way after anyone expected it, so there's still plenty of time for that to come here with them still releasing content for civ 6.
After 6 years of loving this game and following all of its developments in real time, to me it is obvious that when Firaxis does not respond to a question, they are indeed actually answering it.

Last edited:
So they still didnt fix this? I have all previous DLCs and it is still for 20EUR on my store.

Attachments

• wtf.JPG
    wtf.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 19
I don't think it's the devs being tone deaf. From the outside looking in, the best assumption I can make is they were told they can make this DLC, they were allocated finite resources and a very limited scope to do it, and they're trying to do the best they can. If my assumptions about the future of the pass are correct, then I think not allocating this more manpower or resources or whatever to truly polish the game and have it end on a great note is a big mistake for the game's legacy and arguably for Firaxis's reputation, but I'm not a shot-caller or decision-maker there.
What puzzles me here is, aren't the 3D models and stuff supposed to be the expensive part?

To me, from what we've seen so far, this release is completely worthless because it adds zero actual new gameplay. Whatever name stands on the leader, and whatever 3D model (that I don't actually see when playing them) is on the leader doesn't really matter a lot to me, when all the gameplay we get are flat bonuses towards winning in one way or the other. It's not like we need Civ6 to get any easier anyway.

o me, from what we've seen so far, this release is completely worthless because it adds zero actual new gameplay.
I care a lot about the professional models, not so much about the abilities as that's more easily fixable (although I was hoping we were getting new abilities because that always gives the modders more options).

We're getting a new Pass with 19(!) new leaders which are free for a lot of players (and cheaper for most). This is great stuff, and it was less expected than the Spanish Inquisition. In isolation, I can barely see any negatives to the Leader Pass.

But the patching is what will make or break it for me. And the Leader Pass will inevitably be judged in conjunction with the patching (or lack of it).
---

Also, is it possible they are outsourcing or getting new employees to do the modelling? Are there credits anywhere? Nader Shah and Tokugawa look different. Maybe they're the ones working on the art and most of the art team from Civ 6 is working on something else.

Also, is it possible they are outsourcing or getting new employees to do the modelling? Are there credits anywhere? Nader Shah and Tokugawa look different. Maybe they're the ones working on the art and most of the art team from Civ 6 is working on something else.
At least they seem to have replaced the interns who made the NFP models.

What puzzles me here is, aren't the 3D models and stuff supposed to be the expensive part?

To me, from what we've seen so far, this release is completely worthless because it adds zero actual new gameplay. Whatever name stands on the leader, and whatever 3D model (that I don't actually see when playing them) is on the leader doesn't really matter a lot to me, when all the gameplay we get are flat bonuses towards winning in one way or the other. It's not like we need Civ6 to get any easier anyway.
Game versions are I would say bit more expensive, particularly in terms of time.

All they have to do is use existing DLL to create these abilities (which they did), and slap on new models with new assets.

This is literally a mod-level DLC... which... is slightly worse than the NFP in my eyes.

But I'm not as complainy about it given it's free for I'd say majority of its users.

I do hope we get at least 1 patch, but... uuuhhh...

I'm not holding out hope for a patch. It seems the plan was to put all the work into adding new leaders to keep the art dept busy with a skeleton crew for implementation and then peace out.

It's a shame, as just some cursory bug fixing would at least leave the game in a decent state. It does raise concerns for me for vii though. NFP added lots of fun game modes but it is clear the AI cannot handle them very well, and additions made allowed for crazy broken strats to form. It makes me wonder if Vii will have similar balance problems from launch.

It does not appear that there are any new Steam Achievements. At the very least they should add an achievement to win as each of the new leaders. Perhaps a leader specific achievement as well.

Top Bottom