[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

What a beautiful palindrome. ❤

Also, is it possible they are outsourcing or getting new employees to do the modelling? Are there credits anywhere? Nader Shah and Tokugawa look different. Maybe they're the ones working on the art and most of the art team from Civ 6 is working on something else.
The simplest explanation for Nader Shah and Tokugawa looking different would be that it's a fake leak by someone with 3D/mod skills. I don't think anyone else has confirmed they've found anything in the files yet, have they?

The simplest explanation for Nader Shah and Tokugawa looking different would be that it's a fake leak by someone with 3D/mod skills. I don't think anyone else has confirmed they've found anything in the files yet, have they?

That's not the simplest explanation, is it?

(although I was hoping we were getting new abilities because that always gives the modders more options).

We're getting a new Pass with 19(!) new leaders which are free for a lot of players (and cheaper for most). This is great stuff, and it was less expected than the Spanish Inquisition. In isolation, I can barely see any negatives to the Leader Pass.

But the patching is what will make or break it for me. And the Leader Pass will inevitably be judged in conjunction with the patching (or lack of it).
The lack of new abilities is what disappoints me, and why I say this adds zero new gameplay. I would take some simple additions like a <MustBeAdjacentToCityCenter> tag added to the districts database over any number of new 3D models, but of course that’s just my personal preference. And yeah, it’s free, so what is there to say other than what a wasted opportunity.

That's not the simplest explanation, is it?
It's the most pessimistic one. The leaker models themselves look pretty similar (almost the same face and eyes). Real or fake, they were definitely made by the same person (or persons), at least.

I mostly just want them to be real because I like the abilities though. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I just realize the worst part about no new civs is no new music. :(

I think these four new leaders are really not very interesting from the point of view of playing as them. Julius in particular seems very vanilla-ish, and I can't see any reason to prefer him over Trajan. Lincoln not liking plantations is a clever idea, but likely to be situational. It often happens that plantations are one's main source of amenities. However, it could be fun to have them in the pool for the AI to choose from.

I just realize the worst part about no new civs is no new music. :(
On a positive note, it might mean that Knorr is already hard at work on Civ7's soundtrack--hopefully with more ambient tracks. That's one thing I have to say HK did well (as have all Amplitude games).

No hate to anyone working on the game; I'm sure this is all just a function of the reality of what resources they can devote to this and what was scoped for this DLC. It's just disappointing.

Another wrinkle in all this: if there's bandwidth/contractual issues on the Aspyr side as well, they need to make any DLL fixes as well or it breaks cross-platform multiplayer.

That's a whole lot of trouble for a fake though.
It is, and it would be a particularly quick turn around.

Very sorry if this has already been answered, but I just got the leader pack for free and checked new leaders in-game though I had seen the video with the new leader abilities.

Abraham Lincoln gets a free unit when building an industrial complex and their buildings. From the video I thought "Do I just get a unit after building the Factory?". Now my thoughts are "What!?! Do I get a free unit without any maintenance for every single industrial complex and every single building I build?".

If the latter is how it is, then building just 5 cities with industrial complexes and their buildings will grant me 20 units. And then when you conquer a city you just build the industrial complex or the buildings that haven't been built for some more free units. I mean, this is by far the most OP leader for a domination win considering I rarely ever loose any units when I go to war (slow but save progress towards city capture - but it's manageable as some of you experienced Civ-gamers know.

Very sorry if this has already been answered, but I just got the leader pack for free and checked new leaders in-game though I had seen the video with the new leader abilities.

Abraham Lincoln gets a free unit when building an industrial complex and their buildings. From the video I thought "Do I just get a unit after building the Factory?". Now my thoughts are "What!?! Do I get a free unit without any maintenance for every single industrial complex and every single building I build?".

If the latter is how it is, then building just 5 cities with industrial complexes and their buildings will grant me 20 units. And then when you conquer a city you just build the industrial complex or the buildings that haven't been built for some more free units. I mean, this is by far the most OP leader for a domination win considering I rarely ever loose any units when I go to war (slow but save progress towards city capture - but it's manageable as some of you experienced Civ-gamers know.
I'm guessing you haven't played as Byzantines yet. They get a similar bonus but with the Entertainment Complex (which is half production cost), and it's heavy cavalry. It also ties into their ability where they do full damage walls if the city follows the same religion as them, and they get bonuses to getting their religion as well. Their UU is also a heavy cavalry so you get those for free, which does extra damage based on how many Holy Cities you've conquered.

Lincoln is pretty good, but Byzantines are crazy good, you just need to get Crusade and you're golden.

And you haven't even found the bug yet :lol:

I'm guessing you haven't played as Byzantines yet. They get a similar bonus but with the Entertainment Complex (which is half production cost), and it's heavy cavalry. It also ties into their ability where they do full damage walls if the city follows the same religion as them, and they get bonuses to getting their religion as well. Their UU is also a heavy cavalry so you get those for free, which does extra damage based on how many Holy Cities you've conquered.

Lincoln is pretty good, but Byzantines are crazy good, you just need to get Crusade and you're golden.
No, but I guess I have another 20-30 hours of Civ6 playing ahead of me before the next leader pack is released... :lol:

Question is if the enemy is beatable on immortal (or deity) with only melee units or only heavy cavalry... :crazyeye:
And you haven't even found the bug yet :lol:
What bug are we talking about? :confused:

No, but I guess I have another 20-30 hours of Civ6 playing ahead of me before the next leader pack is released... :lol:

Question is if the enemy is beatable on immortal (or deity) with only melee units or only heavy cavalry... :crazyeye:

What bug are we talking about? :confused:
Dunno about the difficulty, but it's much easier with the heavy cavalry on lower difficulties, no need for siege equipment! I find that melees are if pretty limited use - a bonus to be sure, but it's not going to take over other roles like Byzantine heavy cavalry can. Perhaps I'm wrong, I haven't reached Apprenticeship in my game with Lincoln yet.

The bug is that you get a melee unit EVERY time you build a building in the IZ. That includes if you build a coal power station, then another if you convert to an oil one. Then another if you go back to coal.

Even in the same turn.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Yeah ok, that sounds like a bug.. :lol: Had forgot the factory wasn't the last building in the IZ.

The bug is that you get a melee unit EVERY time you build a building in the IZ. That includes if you build a coal power station, then another if you convert to an oil one. Then another if you go back to coal.

Even in the same turn.

HOLY-

no, this can't be an exploit, it must be how the civ is supposed be played, lily_lancer wouldn't lie to me.

I have played some Lincoln myself and yeah, I hit Medieval Era and am churning out IZs for some EZ (heh) Men-at-Arms. Johnny Curtains spawned next to me. He won't KNOW what hit him...x

Last edited:
Top Bottom