[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Of all the complaints about Denuvo, I’ve never heard “information mining” to be one. I googled and couldn’t find anything about this.
I could be conflating it with the issue regarding the 2k launcher a couple years back. I do know Denuvo wreaks havoc with performance and does virtually nothing to prevent piracy. If anything, the performance issues it causes probably encourage piracy.

Of all the complaints about Denuvo, I’ve never heard “information mining” to be one. I googled and couldn’t find anything about this.
Is the problem that it has to be "always online" so that it can periodically confirm your registration anti-piracy thing?

Is the problem that it has to be "always online" so that it can periodically confirm your registration anti-piracy thing?
This is a problem with a lot of Chinese DRM (like in the Xuan-Yuan Sword or Gujian games), but I'm not 100% sure about Denuvo.

I would be cautious about how much midnight suns sales are on consoles though. The controls are very much console optimized, and it wasn't a PC-only push. I suspect steam is capturing a much smaller portion of their market than it did for civ. I know I chose the PS version as opposed to the PC for midnight suns. And I can confirm it is a fun game.

This is a complete thread derail, but...

I feel it's unfair to compare steam usage of a game after one week to a titan like CIV 6.... Time will tell... Also, as said in previous comment, this is a real multi platform offering, so we'd have to see console sales also to correctly judge.

I have Midnight Suns... It's a lot of fun... Is it perfect ? most assuredly not... has a lot of performance issues on PC... I'm confident THAT will get better in time...

It's quite a fun game for Super Heroes fans that like RPG elements, character enhancing, some lore and an X-Com like combat grid with 100% card based combat and limited use of environment....

there's also an important amount of map exploring and RPGesque grinding to get elements for 4-5 different types of ... let's call it 'professions' to help RPG players understanding... I like that, but I feel a lot of people will be turned off by it.

What it is NOT is a fast action, 6 button gnashing combo combat moves kind of game !

It's not the game of the year, but it's honestly the first super hero game that I fully enjoy !

has a lot of performance issues on PC... I'm confident THAT will get better in time...
Sure, if they patch out Denuvo. Humankind ended up removing Denuvo before launch because it was causing performance problems. Many other games have had similar problems. Denuvo is anti-consumer garbage that doesn't solve a problem and causes many others. Also, their user agreement is absurd, essentially allowing them to put whatever they want on your computer, send whatever they want back to their servers, and even leave files in place after you delete the game. Do they do anything bad? Who knows?!

Anyway, enough thread derailing from me!

This is a complete thread derail, but...

I feel it's unfair to compare steam usage of a game after one week to a titan like CIV 6.... Time will tell... Also, as said in previous comment, this is a real multi platform offering, so we'd have to see console sales also to correctly judge.

I have Midnight Suns... It's a lot of fun... Is it perfect ? most assuredly not... has a lot of performance issues on PC... I'm confident THAT will get better in time...

It's quite a fun game for Super Heroes fans that like RPG elements, character enhancing, some lore and an X-Com like combat grid with 100% card based combat and limited use of environment....

there's also an important amount of map exploring and RPGesque grinding to get elements for 4-5 different types of ... let's call it 'professions' to help RPG players understanding... I like that, but I feel a lot of people will be turned off by it.

What it is NOT is a fast action, 6 button gnashing combo combat moves kind of game !

It's not the game of the year, but it's honestly the first super hero game that I fully enjoy !

Yes, tho something like Humankind had like 3x the launch users of Midnight Suns. You may be right that it's a console first and PC second sales though.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the Great Commanders leak combined with the lack of news on it to make this pause between packs feel especially long.

It's only been two weeks! :lol:
The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas seem too long to begin with, speaking as an American. :p

So how is everyone liking the LP so far? Any new and exciting bugs or experiences?

Nothing really exciting to report. It's using pretty much the same patch as the last April 21 patch, though I ended up implementing mods after my 1st game.

I feel like Lincoln could have been so much more exciting than what we got. There was a lot of potential for a great leader. Maybe in civ7 we'll get something more exciting. It's still cool to see him in the game though. I kept him alive in my Nzinga game because he's cool. I thought Julius would wreck him, but loyalty kept the Romans from conquering him.

Nothing too exciting about Sultan. It's powerful, and certainly aided in both my military conquests and religious victory. Victory came a little bit faster than expected since I had miscounted how many cities I converted. One reason I don't like religious victory. It's a little tedious on a huge map too. I could have done it in the early game, but what fun is that. I waited until the atomic era.

I'm currently in my 3rd game on marathon huge maps, so it takes a while. I'm playing Nzinga. This one will be quicker since I plan on doing cultural victory. But I know soon enough I'll be getting recruit partisan operations in all my unique districts. Yay. This unique district really is a detriment in some ways.

Julius Caesar I haven't played yet. At least AI is doing better with him in my current game, he did terrible in my 1st game (I forgot to enable him in my 2nd game).

The game has recently reached 90 143 concurrent players

Does this count players who play in offline mode? I am almost always playing civ6 in offline mode.

Maybe the deck building aspect is throwing them off?

I find card/deck games to be annoying. I certainly hope it isn't as annoying as the card game in Witcher 3 which I couldn't be bothered to play. Why does anyone find that fun?

I find card/deck games to be annoying. I certainly hope it isn't as annoying as the card game in Witcher 3 which I couldn't be bothered to play. Why does anyone find that fun?
We've been warned to take this to the other thread... so I'll just mention that NO, nothing like that... think of it more as a Magic The Gathering card game type...

Does this count players who play in offline mode? I am almost always playing civ6 in offline mode.
Probably not, but it doesn't matter, as there's no reason to expect the number of offline players would vary differently from the amount of online players.

It's also only Steam players. Among PC gamers, that also excludes players on Epic.

If there's a sudden increase of online players on steam, then that increase is likely to be representative of the wider player base, unless it's a free weekend.

It's only been two weeks! :lol:

It has, but with their presented timeline, I'd assume 4 weeks maximum between the releases. I doubt they will release the week of Christmas. So that leaves a release next week or the week after. I'm guessing we would've heard something by now if it was coming next week, but they could still sneak it in with their quick teasers. I'm sort of expecting they won't do a dev stream for each release - I feel like the Caesar one at the start was more or less kicking off the whole thing and that was it.

Top Bottom