[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

I’m not too familiar on Philippe Auguste, was he also known as Philip II?
Yes, Philip II. His aggressive military expansion essentially established France as a major power (militarily and financially).

Yes, Philip II. His aggressive military expansion essentially established France as a major power (militarily and financially).
Ah, ok. I know who you are talking about now. He would be a good militaristic leader, plus from a time period where France hasn’t had much representation.

I just want to point out that there are 3 DLCs left in the Leader Pass, but this is the current list of unreleased DLCs shown on Steam DB:
Test LPJ
Test SH
Test Bart
Test Pinky
(no name) added overnight

SH Sahara
Bart - no idea
Pinky - England wanted to paint the world map pink. It was also a character played by Harpo Marx in Duck Soup, but I don't think that's relevant.

SH Sahara
Bart - no idea
Pinky - England wanted to paint the world map pink. It was also a character played by Harpo Marx in Duck Soup, but I don't think that's relevant.
Harpo Marx is always relevant to Civ: he absolutely personifies the whole game . . .

On DeGaulle, I stand corrected by just about everybody. Thank you all.
The more pressing problem with DeGaulle, is how do you make a Unique Ability out of his (to me at least) Most Famous Moment, when reporters asked why France didn't bomb an Egyptian target during the Suez Fiasco of 1956 and he admitted, looking embarrassed:
"Because I never thought of it."
Ignorance and incompetence are normal among all Leaders. Admitting it in public is truly Unique.

Catherine or Isabella come to mind as popular surprise finish returners if it is actually a surprise leader.

I'd be more inclined to guess it's a final game mode or something like that, tho maybe not with the lack of dev resources.

Catherine or Isabella come to mind as popular surprise finish returners if it is actually a surprise leader.

I'd be more inclined to guess it's a final game mode or something like that, tho maybe not with the lack of dev resources.
Depends on how much. If it was something like a Leader/Civ shuffler, it wouldn't probably as extensive as a plague mode.

If they did a Napoleon, I'd prefer it to be Napoleon XIV

Spoiler They're Coming to Take Me Away :

Louis Napoleon ( aka Napoleon III ) leads France in Sid Meier's Civilization 6!
You mean Charles Louis Napoleon Bonaparte. All three great French leaders in one. :lol:
On DeGaulle, I stand corrected by just about everybody. Thank you all.
The more pressing problem with DeGaulle, is how do you make a Unique Ability out of his (to me at least) Most Famous Moment, when reporters asked why France didn't bomb an Egyptian target during the Suez Fiasco of 1956 and he admitted, looking embarrassed:
"Because I never thought of it."
Ignorance and incompetence are normal among all Leaders. Admitting it in public is truly Unique.
We'd need some sort of bomb friendly leader once Gandhi is retired. :mischief:
As fun as it is to speculate, my money is on no new surprise content.
I had a dream that after the leaders pass we were getting a Wonder Pass, made up of natural and world wonders with Krakatoa and Notre Dame being some of them. I wouldn't be mad if this happened.

I had a dream that after the leaders pass we were getting a Wonder Pass, made up of natural and world wonders with Krakatoa and Notre Dame being some of them. I wouldn't be mad if this happened.

Honestly, I would be much more excited about a Wonder Pass compared to a Leader Pass. Can we send this idea direct to Firaxis?

While I'd love more Natural Wonders, I don't feel like the game is lacking in World Wonders. Sure, there's old favorites, but I Wonders are supposed to do things. I feel like "things we need a World Wonder for" is a category without many gaps left.
TBH the only thing I require a wonder to do is look pretty; everything else is just a bonus. :mischief: It still boggles my mind that we've finished Civ6 without a single Gothic cathedral (Mt. St. Michel doesn't count).

While I'd love more Natural Wonders, I don't feel like the game is lacking in World Wonders. Sure, there's old favorites, but Wonders are supposed to do things. I feel like "things we need a World Wonder for" is a category without many gaps left.
That's understandable. I do feel like some obvious ones are missing like Notre Dame, an actual Dam wonder that's not the Great Bath etc. I do remember the Chinese leak said something about Neuschwanstein coming. Unless that was code for Ludwig, maybe something like a wonder pass could be on its way? :dunno:

That's understandable. I do feel like some obvious ones are missing like Notre Dame, an actual Dam wonder that's not the Great Bath etc. I do remember the Chinese leak said something about Neuschwanstein coming. Unless that was code for Ludwig, maybe something like a wonder pass could be on its way? :dunno:

If they give me a fairy castle to build, I will be so happy I will stop my complaining forever!

If they give me a fairy castle to build, I will be so happy I will stop my complaining forever!
Watch it be Disney World/Magic Kingdom, now that Firaxis is partnered with Marvel. :lol:

Top Bottom