Civilization VI Leader Royale

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.

It’s almost time to THROW DOWN. The Civilization VI Leader Royale kicks off May 20 on Twitter and Civ fans have a front-row seat. No tourists, no tanks, just your favorite Civ leaders facing off in a history-making tournament. Only one can come out on top.

Here’s how it works: We’ve recruited 32 of your favorite Civ VI leaders and set them up in a 4-round bracket. Each week, you’ll get a chance to vote for your favorite leader on Twitter. By the end, there can only be one still standing. The winner will take over our Twitter channel for a full month.

Bracket (Updated for Finals)

Round 3 Semi-Finals Winners

─────
Round 3 Semi-Finals Results

Spoiler :

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Round 2 Quarter-Finals Winners

Spoiler :

Round 2 Quarter-Finals Results

Spoiler :

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Round 1 Winners

Spoiler :

Round 1 Individual Group Results

Spoiler :

Vote on the Round 3 Finals beginning June 3rd on Twitter. Don’t miss it.

Last edited:
So, are the rounds simultaneous, as in all of the winners of the groups will be decided in Week 1, the Quarter Finals in Week 2 and so forth so it will.all.be done in 4 weeks, or one completion at a time so it will last 16 weeks?

This makes me somewhat wish that I had Twitter, lol. :p

This makes me somewhat wish that I had Twitter, lol. :p
Let's hope the post updates here. I'm banned from Twitter. Literally, got doing nothing. I registered, forgot about it, tried logging in a long while later, only to find my account had been suspended for "suspicious activity". They want my mobile number to unlock it. Fat chance.

I love how every Leader in the brackets is looking directly at us menacingly. It's like they're saying, "You'd better vote for me, punk." :lol:

If I am understanding this correctly (and I do not mean this in any derogatory sense); this is just a popularity contest, correct? There are no criteria for determining a winner other than who gets the most likes/tweets/posts/votes?

So, are the rounds simultaneous, as in all of the winners of the groups will be decided in Week 1, the Quarter Finals in Week 2 and so forth so it will.all.be done in 4 weeks, or one completion at a time so it will last 16 weeks?
Four rounds (Groups, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, Finals), one week per round, four weeks total.
Let's hope the post updates here.
I wasn't planning on it, but I can update the OP each week.
If I am understanding this correctly (and I do not mean this in any derogatory sense); this is just a popularity contest, correct? There are no criteria for determining a winner other than who gets the most likes/tweets/posts/votes?
That's the way I read, "vote for your favorite leader."

I'd be a bit more worried about group 5...
  1. Smug warmonger
  2. Hojo
  3. Horse warmonger
  4. Elephant warmonger
Me too. And with the various weapons that they are holding menacingly, I'm inclined to vote for them. :p

Let me see if I can predict right the result of a popularity contest :

group 1 : gilgabro
group 2 : Genghis
group 3 : humm trricky let's say frederick but gorgo has an edge
group 4 : Monty or Hammu ...say Monty
group 5 : Hojo
group 6 : Eleanor
group 7 : Kupe
group 8 : Peter

Then that gives quarter
gilgabro vs genghis => gilgabro
frederik vs monty => monty
Hojo vs elanor = > Hojo
Kupe vs peter => kupe

Semis
gilgaboro vs monty => gilgabro
Hojo vs kupe => kupe

final kupe vs gilgabro => dunno...both seem to be quite popular , so I'll stick with the bro who had quite the fans helped by his abs :)

ok what's yours ?

We have an excellent lineup of charismatic leaders here, ladies and germs, but only one can win the right to spam the Civ Twitter with memes for an entire month.
Here are my predictions, presented without justification because I can.

Admittedly, as a student of Latin and a classical nerd, I am biased in favor of Trajan, but Gilgabro's charisma is indomitable.

Top Bottom