1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, May 21, 2020.

1. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I think it was meant to be smaller than we're used to, because now we gonna get patches every Month. We won't need to wait long for more fixes/updates.

Nerevatar and acluewithout like this.
  2. snakeboy

snakeboy Chieftain

Yeah well, that was kinda expected right? I think the game is done. They have decided not to add any big mechanics, and so this is probably what we'll get: more content yes, but on the mechanics side nothing big and mostly gimmicky stuff. It's too bad because there is still so much to add & integrate, especially in second half. First half Civ 6 is really solid, but the late game is a drag and there's a lot too be improved. Yet I am not counting on any big changes for the main mechanics anymore. I understand their decision business wise, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

On the positive side: I am pleasantly surprised by the pricing of the separate pack (8,99), which makes it it really easy to pass on the Pass and just buy what I want. Curious for Ethiopia and mainly waiting for Portugal. The rest might get added through a sale here and there for completion purposes.

3. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Fitting

4. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

Already looking forward to what potatomcwhiskey has to say about the patch notes.

oakdragon likes this.
  5. Casworon

Casworon Prince

Traditionally technologies that where from previous eras to the games current era where 20% cheaper. While techs for future eras where 20% more expensive. This has been broken for a couple of patches now though and I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes

6. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Improved civilopedia with history navigation buttons 20200521_135806.jpg

borad, Sic, Hawke9 and 3 others like this.
  7. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Brazil is with the same issue and it seems Mexico as well. I won't buy if they don't change the price.

Meluhhan and VermelhoRed like this.
  8. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

I agree with most of that. Although, I think it’s still possible we might get some core mechanics via Game Modes, and the Patches might fill in a bunch of smaller gaps (more units, more buildings, more dedications, stuff like that).

Fingers crossed. But I’ll try not to be surprised if it’s 12 months of silliness.

snakeboy and Elhoim like this.
  9. criZp

criZp Emperor

I see the galley has gone from 25 to 30, and the caravel from 50 to 55

10. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

This is literally the change I am most excited about.

Thormodr likes this.
  11. Casworon

Casworon Prince

Okay I've seen multiple people now confirm that the technology era gate mechanism has been fixed.

That was my personal barometer to check if I was going to purchase or not. So I'm jumping in!

Also happy to see that there are naval strength changes that are undocumented. It's possible that there are lots of changes they simply forgot to document.

Kjimmet, yung.carl.jung, SaiH and 2 others like this.
  12. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I suspect they will add units in the free updates between DLCs

Thormodr, Myomoto and acluewithout like this.
  13. Backero

Backero Chieftain

Hi, could anyone show me a screenshots with the Jersey alternate colors for both new civilizations? I won't be able to play for few next days and that something I extremly would like to know :)

14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

There's always undocumented changes in every patch so this isn't much of a surprise. Alot of times they get filed under "Various Fixes". But if you need verification just start a game and mouse over a tech from the future era to see the cost. For example Currency on standard speed is 120 Science, but if you haven't reached the Classical Era yet it will say 144 Science, or 20% more.

Infixo and acluewithout like this.
  15. Weraptor

Weraptor King

How easy would it be to mod out the 'free advanced unit' upon reaching the meteor impact site for something like +15 Iron stockpile?

16. Haig

Haig Deity

They said that between the DLC there are 'community patches', new map scripts and scenarios etc. So I guess this means monthly patches? Would be cool if they ship with new units too!

Current patch seems good even though quite small.

Just one part I don't like:

Greatly reduced the chance that City-States will spawn adjacent to Natural Wonders or on top of resources.

I actually liked that city-states spawned with natural wonders, at it gave a strategic choice to capture them as I might have wanted the particular wonder.
    But I get that some people didnt like that.

Sic, Kjimmet, bbbt and 8 others like this.
  17. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

That's definitely a positive for me, they always seemed to have the best spots but I don't like capturing them unless I have little choice.

18. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

I know it was mentioned elsewhere that the meteor strikes produce a Heavy Cavalry class unit, but looking at the code I see it is classified as a goody hut and will disappear when that tile's entered. I was kind of hoping those craters would stick around for a bit.

Sic and acluewithout like this.
  19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So does Sean Bean do the intro for Bolivar and Lady Six Sky?

20. Myomoto

Myomoto King

I wouldn't expect any new gameplay/content until the next patch next month. I could easily see the "off month" (i.e. non-DLC) patches to have stuff like a new resource, a new unit etc.

Kjimmet, Inawordyes, FedorWin and 4 others like this.