1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, May 21, 2020.

1. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

One thing I have noticed - corn seems happy to spawn in places where bananas once would dominate (in jungle patches. They don't have woods on them, of ocurse, but they sneak in amongst the trees.)

Furthermore, the Hacienda Cannot go on floodplains or volcanic soil. Bigger restriction than one might think.

I made a little mod for myself that adds 2 "alternates" to the factory that unlock later (and have projects to swap between them.) The Steelworks, which consume iron per turn in exchange for a bigger production boost in that city (+2 per district) and the Chemical Plant, which consumes niter and adds production to improvements like farms, plantations, camps, etc. Kind of a fun twist because it makes you hunt for those late game.

2. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Wow, THAT sounds interesting! :thumbsup:
    Do you plan to release it in the Steam workshop?

Meluhhan likes this.
  3. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I can't tell people's opinions of the content much on Twitter or Reddit. Most comments are focused on console issues, lack of Mac compatibility, and the currency conversions (seems straight USD>other currency, leading to a drastic hike in markets whose currency has fallen against the dollar since the base game release).

I hope Firaxis and Aspyr can resolve some of these issues, or they'll have hit quite a rough patch on the pass's initial release.

4. criZp

criZp Emperor

Is it possible to call disasters on yourself? Like, build the great bath and have the river flood a bunch of times...

5. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

Everyone is assuming the meteor bonus is meant to simulate the iron deposits often found in meteor; this is wrong. The free heavy cav unit is clearly Superman.

6. VGT

VGT Chieftain

I don't know if it was there before latest patch because I didn't check interface options for a while to be honest. But if it's new, then to let you all know - now you can set option "always open production queue" which makes queue always visible when going into city production screen. QoL improvement I really, really wanted. Now one more thing I need is keyboard shortcut for placing map pins and a lot of clicking will be gone for me.

Equilin and DWilson like this.
  7. Danthor

Danthor Warlord

Same in Chile

leandrombraz likes this.
  8. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Yes. But each call takes a charge, and the Soothsayer only starts with 2. The base cost of the Soothsayer is 100 Faith, and rises from there.

Here's what the Soothsayer overlay looks like; as you can see, most tiles can be targets for some kind of disaster.

20200520231318_1.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Hawke9 likes this.
  9. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

I think Firaxis have long term plans for Civ 6. Rather than doing 7, they’ll continue to build on 6. Seems like they’re following the Paradox model, where there is a long time between base games but are supplemented by dlcs and expansions. This is also evident in their persona packs which could be equivalent to HOI4’s model of rejigging major nations’ focus trees with DLC.

j0tak likes this.
  10. Spaceturtle

Spaceturtle Chieftain

I don't know... I was ready to buy this, I got up early, but now I think I might wait

Or maybe I'll be buying the DLCs separately, even though it might be more expensive in the end. But I have the feeling I'll be skipping one or two.

I wish they would give us more info about the personality pack... is it just cosmetic stuff and agendas or will they have new unique abilities? will we be able to buy it later if we buy this first pack separately?

So many leaps of faith, so little info, it's starting to piss me off.

11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

The new natural wonder quotes are shorter too.

Edit: I stand corrected. The Bermuda Triangle and the Fountain of Youth quotes are wall of text.

12. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

There is. You could use the effect 'EFFECT_GRANT_FREE_RESOURCE_EXTRACTED' and get creative with the modifiers. Or the simpler route if you didn't particularly care about what strategic resource, would be to attach the GOODY_MILITARY_ADJUST_STRATEGIC_RESOURCES modifier from the regular tribal village.

yung.carl.jung and Atlas627 like this.
  13. Chysp

Chysp Chieftain

Another undocumented change - all Naval Melee units (except the Destroyer) have gained melee strength. +5 to galleys (and galley replacements) and to caravels, and +10 to the Ironclad.

14. criZp

criZp Emperor

The first one is the one that give you resources per turn

15. DWilson

They definitely specified it's a new set of abilities.

16. DWilson

I wonder if some more intense balance changes are on hold until more packs are out and they have a better idea of how the new content effects user balance experience.

WillowBrook and yung.carl.jung like this.
  17. Loderingo

Loderingo Warlord

Interested to see there are only 7 new achievements rather than 10. 4 are for the 2 Civs and the other 3 are related to apocalypse mode

18. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I’m interested that they’ve added the mercenary city state mechanic. It makes sense since we have lots of CS UIs, but no UUs...

I wonder if there will eventually be a gold version (eg Swiss Pikemen). .. or is this all we’re getting as far as new CS?

Meluhhan likes this.
  19. aenima

aenima Chieftain

on linux i had an update (i guess it's the free patch), but no extension available (only windows). I hope they will do it quickly ;)

poolsideconvo likes this.
  20. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

So basically nothing big like Industrial zone adjacencies or even revamp of some old Civs that could possibly spice the game. I hope the next patches will bring more.